HI12: are there any satisfied customers??

HI12: are there any satisfied customers??

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum HI12: are there any satisfied customers??

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Frocee Mark
    Participant

Thanks Nick, this is valuable intel 🙂

This actually a lot better than my X98 Pro which actually drops instead of charge while connected to charger. I think I will consider this tablet.

Nemix
    Participant

I just sent Chuwi feedback for their next generation tablets hopefully they take my suggestions serious and can make a good Hi12 Pro tablet however I did not opt in for the chance to win a free tablet from Chuwi.

My suggestions for a future Hi12 Pro are:

Dual Boot Windows 10 and Android 5.1.1 or 6.0.1 if can be optimzed for the chipset.

Same 12″ Surface Pro PLS screen used in Hi12 but with smaller gap between the screen and the digitizer glass, preferably 0.3mm – 0.5mm

Atom X7-Z8700 although really a X5-Z8500 would be more realistic to keep the price lower and to help with no throttle, I’d rather have a Z8500 that does not throttle than a Z8700 that overheats, throttles and is more expensive plus uses more battery…you’d essentially be paying more for nothing since throttling would cause a Z8700 to run slower than Z8500 that does not throttle.

6GB Ram, I think this is very doable and is better than having a Z8700 that throttles.  6GB ram would result in asynchronous Dual Channel which means 4GB would be Dual Channel and 2GB would be single channel, in the case you’d have to use more up than 4GB in Dual Channel (including ram used for the IGP) to hit the 2GB single channel which is still 100 times better than having to use Windows PageFile.  If not possible and to keep the tablet cheaper than I don’t mind 4GB ram since it is a tablet after all so we just have to run less apps.

64GB-128GB eMMC either Samsung or Hynix brand, 64GB is good enough to keep price lower but for Dual Boot I would not mind 128GB.

Dual Band 5Ghz Wi-Fi, this is very needed.  2.4Ghz cards are just too slow these days with so many Wi-Fi traffic all around with AC Wi-Fi steadily becoming the standard in North America.

Same speakers, the speakers and the positioning of the speakers on the Hi12 are good enough IMHO.

Micro SD UHS-II reader, with support for up to 512GB cards.

One Full size powered USB 3.0 port, no need for second full size USB 2.0 port since USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 and the micro USB port can also be used with OTG adapter if really needed a second full size USB port.  This would help to lower the price and save space on he motherboard and chassis.

Micro USB 2.0 port with data and charging function and OTG support, this would act as second full size USB 2.0 port with OTG adapter if needed.

3.5mm Jack with Mic support, self explanatory and not seen on many Chinese tablets.  Can be very useful in Android for phone headsets with mic, volume and play/pause functions and also good for Windows for better external mic.

Full size HDMI 2.0a port, why make it micro when the tablet can fit a full size HDMI port.  If micro HDMI is cheaper than I don’t mind.

One front facing camera, preferably 2-3MP for video messaging.  There’s no need for a rear camera on these big tablets IMHO, nobody uses such a big device to take pictures and record videos.  This would help to lower the price and save space on he motherboard and chassis.

Bigger Battery to accommodate for the faster chipset and Dual Band Wi-Fi card.

Light sensor and Gyroscope, same like Hi12 and many other Chinese tablets.

Weight should be no more than Hi12 at 850G, less weight of course is better.

Nestor Gutierres Galvez
    Participant

I preordered on geekbuying January 17th and arrived on feb 20th… totally dead. Nothing. Screen off, no red led while connected… The USB port seemed to feed a USB device if you connected, but after 2 minutes it would stop.

Emailed the seller and after 2 standard emails (tried to charge it first? can you update the firmware? Can you connect to a PC? sight.) I sent it back.

It seems today arrived to China, so let’s check the way they manage the warranty.

2 months and still without the Hi12… And be sure it will take another month to get a new one and be sure I’ll hace to fight with the seller to give back the 40€ I had to pay to send it back. It’s nothing to do with the seller, I’m sure, but I’m not the first to send it back. Maybe it’s an early product.

More than 200 happy shoppings and never had such a nightmare.

Doc_152
    Participant

I preordered on geekbuying January 17th and arrived on feb 20th… totally dead. Nothing. Screen off, no red led while connected… The USB port seemed to feed a USB device if you connected, but after 2 minutes it would stop. Emailed the seller and after 2 standard emails (tried to charge it first? can you update the firmware? Can you connect to a PC? sight.) I sent it back. It seems today arrived to China, so let’s check the way they manage the warranty. 2 months and still without the Hi12… And be sure it will take another month to get a new one and be sure I’ll hace to fight with the seller to give back the 40€ I had to pay to send it back. It’s nothing to do with the seller, I’m sure, but I’m not the first to send it back. Maybe it’s an early product. More than 200 happy shoppings and never had such a nightmare.

Mine had exactly the same symptoms, except mine did work for a few days before it died. Other than that, spot on.

alessandro
    Participant

I would like to revive this topic, since quite a lot of people received dual boot version, and I would like to listen people who didn’t had issues…

SanHayate
    Participant

Well, I didn’t have any issue.

My hi12 dual boot has been working great from day 1.

Not a single quality issue (for now!). I have been using 50% Android / 50% Windows on it. Was able to modify the language of the Windows install without problem.

The only downside on this tablet for me is the single 2.4ghz band wifi. Being limited to about 30/50mpbs is stupid, loading a 5gb movie on the tablet takes way too long and I had to buy an SD Card to do quick transfers.

John
    Participant

Overall, I’m happy with my Hi12. However, I’m having problems with the Bluetooth. When using it with a keyboard and mouse, the WiFi speed goes to hell. I did a lot of research and this seems like a windows 10 issue. Unable to fix it so far!

I can’t say this with 100% certainty but based on MY experience with numerous tablets this comes down to shared antenna resources.  High end tablets (and phones) run separate and independent antennas (and related items such as power) for bluetooth and Wireless signals.  Budget and lower cost items typically do not.  So the chipset that controls bluetooth and wifi is sharing resources.  You might not notice it for some things (i.e. browsing the web on WiFi while using a bluetooth mouse) because it can rapidly switch and allocate that limited resource transparently to you.  But when you get to anything that is “live feed” or real time so to speak you see the system start to fall apart.  A good example would be watching a youtube video (Streaming) on the machine with the audio being streamed to something via bluetooth (i.e. headphones or even just a speaker) and using a bluetooth mouse and or keyboard.

For me this was especially frustrating when I would use certain machines for steam in home streaming because that is running at incredibly low response times (sub 20ms) and so it is highly susceptible to any kind of latency.   The solution I found was to offload BT or offload WiFi to a USB dongle.  I typically went with WiFi dongles so I could get a 5ghz dongle and then let the tablet itself handle the bluetooth side of things and that typically worked fine.

EROLoLICON
    Participant

Bought from Banggood.com on 4th April, shipped with EMS on 12nd, arrived in Italy Milan on 27th, arrived at home on 28th with SDA which asked me 27 euro for customs. So it’s been 20 days.

I had no major problems, only little ones like wi-fi quality degradation while using Bluetooth, which I solved buying a Bluetooth USB dongle (CSL), a light white noise coming from the speakers (really weak noise in my case). A few days ago I tried for fun to plug 3 USB pendrives and my Huawei mediapad X1 through a 4 port USB 3.0 hub in my Chuwi when it’s battery was 30% and it shut down. Two days ago I forgot to turn the screen off and it stayed on for 6 hour or more in my bag and when I was home it was 7%. So I think the tablet can’t power power-hungry devices when it has low battery while it should have no problem powering itself. But I can turn a blind eye on these problems since the price is really awesome.

The build quality is awesome; it’s solid, the USB ports are sturdy, the screen is really beautiful, the speakers are fairly good, there are no imperfections.

I’m only using windows and I’m actually using it for writing this post. I use it only for light jobs like surfing on internet or watching movie since the atom can’t handle heavier job really well (I have a desktop for this purpose). Regarding surfing on the net I have to warn you that Firefox and chrome are really sluggish on atoms and on the other hand Microsoft edge is surprisingly fluid. I can open many tabs (which 4 gigs of ram comes in handy).

What really bothered me is that I can’t find a decent cover for my hi12, there are so few choices on the net and the keyboard SUCKS AS HELL. Chuwi could spend more effort on designing that keyboard… *sigh*

Anyway i’m very happy with it and I would buy it again.

AND it is one of the few that has full USB ports one of which is even USB 3.0 (REAL USB 3 >90 MB\s while transferring files).

P.S. I really love this site, it is really well-made. Nice job Chris and thank you 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password