How to change from dual boot to windows 10 only?

How to change from dual boot to windows 10 only?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion How to change from dual boot to windows 10 only?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    I Hard
    Participant

Can I just use a windows USB installer and clear all partitions? Or does onda provide a ROM for windows only?

I find 16gb too little for windows and don’t need android

JesDoias
    Participant

I’m on the same boat here. I’ve searched the forum and I couldn’t find any useful information.

I Hard
    Participant

I figured out.

While charging tablet,

Download MiniTool Partition Wizard http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

Edit partition. You can see there are many partition

<100mb partition><delete><delete><delete>…<delete android 8gb partition>…<do not delete windows boot partition><Delete 51mb partition><Do not delete 15GB WINDOWS partition><do not delete recovery partition>

After that MOVE windows boot partition to the front, then move WINDOWS partition after that. Extend Windows partition until the <recovery partition>

<100mb free partition><Windows boot partition><Windows partition><Recovery partition>

***MAKE SURE YOU ARE PLUGGED IN***

Click apply and let it restart. It takes a LONG TIME but just leave it. It will restart to DOS in order to move windows partition

I Hard
    Participant
    David
    Participant

Hello I want to only android would be the method?

JesDoias
    Participant

Thanks. That worked fine for me, but for some reason on the first boot after messing with the partitions Windows gave me an error and now i have some unknown devices on the device manager (touch screen, sound, sd card and Bluetooth not working). I tried to fix that using the drivers available on techtablets but it fails everytime i try to install them. My guess it’s that they are for the Windows 10 32bit and they are somehow incompatible with the Windows home 64bit version of the dual boot version. Could someone dump for me the 64 bit version of the drivers? Thanks.

I Hard
    Participant

Drivers https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3q9wkFi_SSEdW9kSHVsV3F2V0E

JesDoias
    Participant

For some reason I still got the same error. Something just went wrong with my windows installation.

I have reinstalled win10 using the microsoft ISO and applied your drivers to it. Everything was recognized without a problem. Thanks.

The only issue now is the touchscreen that does not seem to be correctly calibrated (i tried to calibrate it in windows with no success – on the bios works fine so I guess its a software issue). I will try to mess around with it and fix it.

Thanks for the help.

JIB
    Participant

After doing this does it still show the dual boot menu when you turn it on? If yes, how to get it to boot directly to Windows and not show this dual boot screen at boot any more?

reddragon4775
    Participant

Hello All,

I just received my iwork8 Air today. Like many i prefer more space for windows and want to remove android partion and will follow the steps mentioned above. BUT in case things go wrong, I have some questions before proceeding and hope you can help:

1)If something fails, How to reset/bring back to the dual boot original rom form Cube. Link to ROM and some instructions for installation would be helpful.

2) How to re-install WIN10(as dsadj*** THE THIRD) mentioned above. I mean how to enter the bios setup in this device.

3) Is there another link to the drivers mentioned above as that link keeps crashing halfway.

Thanks a lot in advance

JIB
    Participant

Also keep in mind that people that have reinstalled Windows seem to lose the Windows 10 license and Microsoft wants to charge them $119 for a new license. The pre-installed one only applies to the original OEM installation it seems. Hopefully the new licensing recovery changes in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition will change this.

I Hard
    Participant

If you are afraid of losing everything, then backup all the partition. The method suggested above worked for me on the same day i received the tablet and I didnt do any backup.

Otherwise, at LEAST do your own driver backup in case you want to install windows instead of restoring partition in case something screws up

reddragon4775
    Participant

Assuming the first selected partition as 1, next as 2 and so on until 16th partition. Could you please look into the attached img and let me know which ones to delete and which ones to keep (by capacity)?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    I Hard
    Participant

isnt it clear from my post?

Keep the first 100mb and the last 4 (system, ?, windows, recovery)

Good luck! It should work out of the box if you didnt install anything else because this process needs as much free space as possible in the existing 16gb windows partition

JIB
    Participant

isnt it clear from my post? Keep the first 100mb and the last 4 (system, ?, windows, recovery) Good luck! It should work out of the box if you didnt install anything else because this process needs as much free space as possible in the existing 16gb windows partition

Does it still have dual boot menu when booting or did you get rid of that?

I only have 2gb free on Windows partition. Do you think this process will still work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password