How to change from dual boot to windows 10 only?

How to change from dual boot to windows 10 only?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion How to change from dual boot to windows 10 only?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    I Hard
    Participant

Won’t work.

What the program does is clear free space and create your partitions and transfer over. Once transfered it deletes your old windows partition and extenf the space

The windows partition it initially create is about 13gb.  If that new partition runs out of space before it can copy over your stuff it will fail like the poster above.

So delete your programs now. More straightforward to reinstall later than to have a bricked tablet

JIB
    Participant

Won’t work. What the program does is clear free space and create your partitions and transfer over. Once transfered it deletes your old windows partition and extenf the space The windows partition it initially create is about 13gb. If that new partition runs out of space before it can copy over your stuff it will fail like the poster above. So delete your programs now. More straightforward to reinstall later than to have a bricked tablet

Thanks. What about dual boot menu? Were you able to just boot directly into Windows and not have tablet show dual boot screen?

JIB
    Participant

I decided to go for it today. I was barely able to make enough room. My tablet already had 1511 update installed and that takes up more space than the previous Windows version. With compacting the disk, uninstalling everything possible, etc. was able to get 3.56gb free. I also installed Mini Partition Wizard 9.0 to the SD card as with that installed I don’t think there was enough room left. I just barely had enough free space for this to work. The first 100mb partition was labeled “Androida” and I left that. Deleted all the others up to the System partition and moved that to after Androdia. Then there was a 16mb partition showing as “Other” and it could not be moved. In order to move the Windows partition I had to delete this partition. Then I moved Windows to after System and resized it up to the Recovery partition. Took about 20 minutes for operations to complete after it booted to DOS. I now have a 15.6 gb free on a 27.6gb Windows partition. So now I have four partitions, Androdia, System, Windows and Recovery. I still have the dual boot menu. I hope someone can tell me how to get rid of this and have the tablet just boot directly into Windows.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JIB
    Participant

Assuming the first selected partition as 1, next as 2 and so on until 16th partition. Could you please look into the attached img and let me know which ones to delete and which ones to keep (by capacity)? Thanks

To be safe keep the first 100mb blank partition, keep Androidia partition (this is EFI boot partition), delete everything until you get to System partition and keep that, delete the 16mb partition, keep Windows and Recovery partitions. Move System so there is 0 unallocated space in front of it. Then move Windows in the same manner and expand it up to the Recovery partition. Make sure the used space on the c drive is only about 12gb (or very slightly higher) for enough room for the move. Then wait. After booting into DOS it took about 20 minutes for everything to complete on mine.

Joe
    Participant

Ok so I have two iwork ultimates {yeah I got a little too excited back then and Banggood is all good on it believe me.)  Love these tablets, always fooling with them.  Anyway to make a long story short trying to do the 1703 Creators update was a complete bugger.  Could never delete enough to get it to work, even with an sd card and a usb drive it just would not work.

So I toss android using the instructions here.  Everything is good again.  Thanks to everyone.  Lots of room now.

zxevo
    Participant

Hi! Just got my cube iwork8 air pro with dual boot.

I just wanted the tablet only with Windows 10 with latest version 1803! (April 2018)

So what I did was:

WARNING BACKUP YOUR PARTITIONS

– USB with Windows 10 pro x64 (downloaded from Microsoft with “MediaCreationTool1803”);
    – Make sure the tablet is fully charged!
    – USB HUB with Mouse & Keyboard;
    -> Bios, boot from USB
    Let it boot into windows install,
    at the partitions table screen, I didn’t touch the first 100MB partition EFI, but deleted all the following remaining partitions.

IMPORTANT: after deleting don’t create a new partition, make sure it reads: Unallocated! (about 29GB) and choose that to install windows.
    Windows will itself create the partitions it needs!

Done!

Got a tablet with windows 10 and about 18,7GB of free space!

Thank you for your forum support and hints, just wanted to give you guys my share!

Dirga Brajamusti
    Participant

my windows always shutdown unexpectedly after installing double driver backup from this website, what driver did you use?

zxevo
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar