How to charge the tablet while using it

How to charge the tablet while using it

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum How to charge the tablet while using it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Shay Rosenfeld
    Participant

Hello all.

Like many of you I bought the Chuwi Hi12, as I decided a 10″ one is too small for me. And, like many
    I have had problems continue using the tablet, and charging it simultaneously. But, fear not, as I have found
    a solution working in Windows mode.

It’s actually very simple, and I tried it with multiple chargers. So, what you need to do is:

• Connect the tablet to the charger (duh 🙂 )
    • press on the power button to switch off the screen – just one press without holding
    • wait for about 5-10 minutes.
    • Press the power button again to wake up the screen
    • Your tablet should continue charging now 🙂

Hope it helps, please let me know if it works for you or not.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

The main issue is such a big screen takes between 1 amp and 1.5 amps to run (depending on brightness) which is already half the chargers max output so not leaving much for the battery. There are some chargers and cables that work better than stock and lowering brightness also helps.

Eric
    Participant

The main issue is such a big screen takes between 1 amp and 1.5 amps to run (depending on brightness) which is already half the chargers max output so not leaving much for the battery. There are some chargers and cables that work better than stock and lowering brightness also helps.

Which charger and cable would YOU personally recommend for this case – do you mind giving us some links which YOU think is faster charger than the original one which came with Chuwi?

I really need to buy it myself, thank you for your help! 🙂

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I bought an Orico charger on AliExpress that can charge while using though the cable is a little short so you can’t move the tablet much while charging and if you use a different cable it won’t work as well.

ORICO 1 Port Travel Wall Charger With Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 with 1m Free Micro USB Cable EU/US/UK Type Plug-White(QTW-1U)
    http://s.aliexpress.com/BzaM7jui

Eric
    Participant

I bought an Orico charger on AliExpress that can charge while using though the cable is a little short so you can’t move the tablet much while charging and if you use a different cable it won’t work as well. ORICO 1 Port Travel Wall Charger With Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 with 1m Free Micro USB Cable EU/US/UK Type Plug-White(QTW-1U) http://s.aliexpress.com/BzaM7jui

Thank you for your link! I have a side question if you don’t mind:

If you don’t use chuwi and have it turned off, how long does this charger take to charge chuwi from very low battery to full battery? Roughly? I just want to compare it to the original charger to see if that makes a big difference before buying, thank you in advance!

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Takes about 6 hours for full charge turned off but will also fully charge in standby overnight.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Did a charge time test today. Plugged charger at 15% 9:30 am and fully charged at 3:00pm, tablet in standby screen off.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Justinkeyback
    Participant

Not to disappoint you, but I noticed that the bottom line is how much the tablet asks for power. I use the regular charger from Chuwi (3A), and a lot of different ordinary phone chargers, some even less than 1A, and all were capable of charging the tablet fast, or just not at all. It happened many times the Chuwi charger was not able to deliver more than .35A according to the charge indicator I attached between charger and usb-cable, while small ugly phone chargers from Huawei delivered .95A or something like that.

I cannot see any logic in this world of chargers and batteries, its a very fuzzy thing to me.

Frank Wenzel
    Participant

Hello what a charger have you used. LG Frank

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar