How to completely disable or replace integrated camera on EZBook 3 Plus

How to completely disable or replace integrated camera on EZBook 3 Plus

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series How to completely disable or replace integrated camera on EZBook 3 Plus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bloodr0se
    Participant

I have an EZBook 3 Plus that is approximately 18 months old and recently it has developed an error with the integrated webcam.

Sometimes when the laptop is cold booted the camera works normally however 70-80% of the time Windows throws a descriptor failed error repeatedly and the camera doesn’t appear in Device Manager. I have tried clean reinstalling the webcam drivers and even clean reinstalled the latest version of Windows 10 entirely but nothing fixed it.

I don’t really use the camera on it however this is a problem because disabling the camera in DM doesn’t work. PnP routinely tries to detect it as a USB device and fails so there are frequent and highly annoying “device malfunctioned” notifications. There doesn’t seem to be a way to disable the integrated camera from BIOS either.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this?

Ricardo fg
    Participant

<pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-medium” dir=”ltr” data-placeholder=”Tradução”><span lang=”en” tabindex=”0″>which model of ezbook 3 plus motherboard</span>

Bloodr0se
    Participant

I didn’t know there were different versions of it to be honest. It’s an M3-7y30 if that helps at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar