How to delete Android and merge partitions in Windows for more space

How to delete Android and merge partitions in Windows for more space

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion How to delete Android and merge partitions in Windows for more space

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

This is from Koko Pudja who had issues posting this after he edited it.

Hi all,

I just want to share that i found a way to resize partition in Windows. Personally i don’t have reason to keep my android in my Chuwi Vi10, so i decide to delete Android partition and merging the unused disk space for Windows system without reinstalling whole operating system. i thought it was easy at first, but then it is not as easy as it should be.

I will describe step by step, but firstly what you need is to download EASEUS Partition Master 10.5 first. This program have more abilities than Windows built-in disk management. Trial version won’t work, so here is a link to download it : Chuwi Vi10 partition tools
    You must learn how to use EASEUS, because any changes you want to make (such as deleting, merging, creating partition) is NOT performed real time. First you choose what you want to do with a partition, and click ’Apply’ button in the left top toolbar, otherwise the changes will not be made. Now please make sure you click that button in every step.

1. From windows, press ’Windows+R’, type compmgmt.msc and Enter. At the left handside, click Disk Management. You will now see many partition. Please pay attention to EFI system partition and Recovery (OEM). STRICTLY DO NOT TOUCH THIS TWO important partition. This contain your EFI bios and recovery image of Windows in case you screwed up your system.

Now after you notice that two important partition, DELETE all RAW partition, EXCEPT those aforementioned EFI and Recovery (OEM) partition (Warning!!! This step will lose ability to use Android in Vi10). These RAW partition is consist of several small 16,32,64 MB, one 7 GB and two 1GB partition. After deleting it, you will have a 9.2 GB un-allocated space now.

2. CREATE new NTFS partition from aforementioned un-allocated space, the result should be around 9.2 GB. Click ’Apply’

3. The new partition will be positioned in the left of Windows partition (C:), with a small 128 MB partition in between them. Restart your computer now.

4. DELETE that small 128MB partition and CREATE new NTFS partition from unallocated space. Do not click Apply yet, we will apply step 4-6 all at once.

5. MERGE the 128 MB and 9.2 GB in order to make a new partition which located side by side with the Windows system partition. You will now have a new 9.3 GB NTFS continuous partition.

6. Merge the 9.3 GB to Windows partition. ALL operations in step 4-6 will be executed all at once by EASEUS, and since these operation involving pre-boot formatting things, it will be done not in Windows, but after POST (Chuwi Chinese writing logo) and just before log into Windows. This required multiple reboots so please make sure your battery is above 75%

7. The final result will be like this:

Disclaimer: This method works for me. I will not be responsible for any data loss, corruption, damage, world war or apocalypse caused by said method. Always backup your important data before doing this. Even better if you can view this method in different PC so you can concentrate in re-partitioning your tablet.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Henrik Nordström
    Participant

Excellent guide!

Do you think this could apply to other Chuwi tablets? I’m thinking of doing this with my Hi8.

The guide specifically warns about touching the recovery partition but could it not be mentioned that those actually can be deleted to save an additional ~ 6GB of space but *ONLY* if you have done the steps to move the recovery data and created a bootable recovery USB.

That could be the second guide to follow after removing Android from your tablet to maximize space for Windows.

Nathan
    Participant

Everything was going well until I finally merged the 9.3GB part to the Windows drive. Now it only boots to the “Attempting Repairs” screen. And I can’t recover it, for some reason it can’t find the recovery drive even though I didn’t touch it. And I don’t own a physical copy of Windows 8. What should I do?.. I’m really depressed.

Nathan
    Participant

I’m the dumbest person on Earth. I really should have created a recovery USB.

Koko
    Participant

Excellent guide! Do you think this could apply to other Chuwi tablets? I’m thinking of doing this with my Hi8. The guide specifically warns about touching the recovery partition but could it not be mentioned that those actually can be deleted to save an additional ~ 6GB of space but *ONLY* if you have done the steps to move the recovery data and created a bootable recovery USB. That could be the second guide to follow after removing Android from your tablet to maximize space for Windows.

yes sir, the 6GB recovery partition is also able to be deleted but i suggest to keep it unless you really know what are you doing. i haven’t try in anoter tablet but Chris say it might be work.

I’m the dumbest person on Earth. I really should have created a recovery USB.

Oh i am sorry to hear that! I wonder what is wrong. Did you follow step no.3 correctly? have you restart your computer after creating 9.2GB partition?

Koko
    Participant

By the way, here is the link to my post in XDA thread. Same tutorial. It is easier to read, with some picture to help:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61774590&postcount=140

Kenneth Southern
    Participant

on my  cube i6 all the partitions are nameless and this is super scary i need a video help lol please and i dont like android or use it i am windows all the way

Koko
    Participant

I can’t make a video because this process is irreversible. I forgot to make a video at that time. Maybe you can see my post with the picture in xda thread

Yaranzo
    Participant

Hopefully someone can help me. I removed android successfully, but I accidently switched back to it and now the device is stuck in DnX mode. Is there any way to go back to windows without android? If not, what should I do now?

Edit: Somehow figured out how to fix my issue in a few minutes. If this happens to you, hold volume – while booting the tablet, than switch the OS with the volume buttons and select with the power button.

Tomas Lindqvist
    Participant

Can I use this guide after I updated to Windows 10?

Michał Chrząszcz
    Participant

Hello There !
    I was trying to do this but i have a small problem with Merge the 128 mb partition with windows partition.
    After I delete the 128 mb partition, and make a new one NTFS from this space its ok, than i merge it to the  9 gb New Volume is also ok
    but than i cant merge it to the windows space ( partition )  There is nothing to choose from options, i click right mouse button and menu appears 😮
    Some solutions for this ?
    At least I Have partition, but i cant merge it ;D

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Koko
    Participant

Hello There ! I was trying to do this but i have a small problem with Merge the 128 mb partition with windows partition. After I delete the 128 mb partition, and make a new one NTFS from this space its ok, than i merge it to the 9 gb New Volume is also ok but than i cant merge it to the windows space ( partition ) There is nothing to choose from options, i click right mouse button and menu appears ? Some solutions for this ? At least I Have partition, but i cant merge it ;D

Your problem is you are not using full version of software, trial version won’t work. See first post

Anonymous
    Inactive

First of all sorry my poor English.

Last week i delete all partitions with my chuwi vi10 32gb.
    Now, I want to restore factory default (android+win 8.1)

I can’t use Manucfactoring flash tool, because every time 5% IFW flash failed.

This is my problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mnp7leb6cmodc6/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2018.22.47.png?dl=0

I installed all programs (intel android setup 1.5.0, IsocUSBDriver_1.2.0)

I try 3 different computers, 3 differenc usb cable.

The guide:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/diwrmohdrowrjgx/Reinstalar%20android%20y%20windows%20en%20chuwi%20vi10.pdf?dl=0

Please help me!

Gnomi
    Participant

Hello There ! I was trying to do this but i have a small problem with Merge the 128 mb partition with windows partition. After I delete the 128 mb partition, and make a new one NTFS from this space its ok, than i merge it to the 9 gb New Volume is also ok but than i cant merge it to the windows space ( partition ) There is nothing to choose from options, i click right mouse button and menu appears ?<noscript>?</noscript>Some solutions for this ? At least I Have partition, but i cant merge it ;D

Your problem is you are not using full version of software, trial version won’t work. See first post

Hello !

Thank you for this tutorial !

I have the exact same problem of him, but I don’t understand why because i’m running the full version… To have the full version of it, are we agree you just have to double click on “Professionnal Key x86” and thats all ?

Thank you very much !

Edit : I just added the screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    yonkex
    Participant

Hi

Sorry for my english.

I remove the recovery partition plus the android partitions, i only have now UEFI partition + windows partition. What I have done is to reinstall Windows 8.1 from a clean original windows 8.1 32 bits ISO, NO CHUWI ISOs, with rufus i prepared the iso to boot from USB. During installation i removed all partitions except the UEFI partition , and I select all the UNALLOCATED (important UNALLOCATED, don,t create manually a partition, let windows create the partitions that need for boot) space for the installation of windows. It worked in my case without problems (you must reinstall the drivers later of install windows). Later i updated to windows 10, once it was autimatically activated i generated a clean ISO with the microsoft media creation, prepared the iso file with rufus to boot form USB, and done a clean install of windows 10 in the same way, reinstall chuwi drivers and all perfect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar