How to delete Android and merge partitions in Windows for more space

How to delete Android and merge partitions in Windows for more space

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion How to delete Android and merge partitions in Windows for more space

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    josef
    Participant

How do I delete the Windows and remains only Android?

All
    Participant

thank you for your information

Von Solis
    Participant

Does this work for other tablets such as O+ DUO? windows 10 and android 5.1

im noob in technology sorry

Jason
    Participant

I got to the Merge Part, but It won’t let me merge with the C: Drive – it’s grayed out.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Gollum
    Participant

Hello,

i have deleted my android partition successfully but have the problem that the new F partition of left side of C drive cannot be merged. Please advise

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kshitij Joshi
    Participant

I have a Chuwi Hi10 pro.
    There is no OEM partition in my Tab. But there are 2 EFI partitions. Please help me with which partitions to keep and which to delete.
    Thank You.

Attachments:
    Gollum
    Participant

It is better to make clean install. But you need before the drivers. It is too important.

iain
    Participant

Hello, i have deleted my android partition successfully but have the problem that the new F partition of left side of C drive cannot be merged. Please advise

Did you solve this. My Cube iwork8 air is exactly the same. I cant merge the partitions because they are not adjacent. I have tried using gParted from a live USB, but this wont boot because of some error.

Gollum
    Participant

hi,

the only way is clean install, but dot forget to save serial number for widows & drivers. very very important are drivers.

you need them after installing of widows

good luck

Lasantha
    Participant

Hi! Koko, It’s a very useful guide. You have nicely explained the entire procedure.

I have a big issue. My tablet is CHUWI Hi8 Pro. I did all what you have mentioned from downloading and installing the software from the link you have given Chuwi Vi10 partition tools . I deleted all partitions other than the C: Drive, EFI Partition and Recovery Partition. But the problem is that when I delete the partitions my tablet shows three unallocated spaces. It is not possible to merge the unallocated spaces. So, I cannot expand my C: Drive. The reason is that the EFI Partition and the Recovery Partition are located in between other partitions. C: Drive and the unallocated spaces are not adjacent partitions. I have attached the screen print of EaseUS.

I cannot install any software or even Windows 10 cannot be updated because C: Drive is full with Windows 10.  Could you please tell me how to expand my C: Drive.

Attachments:
    Lasantha
    Participant

I somehow managed on my own to merge partitions and expand my C: drive.

I used MINI TOOL PARTITION WIZARD. Its a very good partition management software. EASEUS Partition Master could not do the work. I created a small partition from the Unallocated space and copied the contents of the EFI System Partition to that small partition and then changed the type of partition to EFI SYSTEM PARTITION. Then I deleted the previous EFI System Partition. I then Resized the C: drive taking the whole of the Unallocated space. I downloaded the Windows update and updated the Windows 10 to the latest.

Todd Scott
    Participant

Ugh! I followed the instructions and all seemed fine until I merged the new partition with the Windows partition now my Hi10 Pro only boots directly into the BIOS screen….ready to just toss it in the trash:-(

Dejan
    Participant

Hi, I also have Hi10 Pro and I have the same problem with two EFI partitions. I beg you for help. which partition to delete?

krob
    Participant

Im able to merge the unallocated space with C with Minitool Partition Wizard Free Ver too.  The different is that i do merge the unallocated space with Win10 EFI System Partition, then resize it back to 300mb (it wont allow me to resize it to 100mb). after that resize C partition adding the balance of unallocated space. Now my local C drive is  14.7gb free of total 27.6gb. 🙂

Larry Meilack
    Participant

I hope that you don’t mind me replying to this old post of yours but I’m seeking assistance and hope that you might be able to help me.

I decided to remove Android from my Chuwi Hi 10 Pro and started following your instructions but may well have gone wrong somewhere 🙂  All’s fine, in that Windows 10 is still working but I’ve not managed to sort the partitions properly so I haven’t been able to reclaim the disk space.  I’ve attached a screen shot of my partitions, appreciate any help that you might be able to give me as regards what steps I need to take.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar