August 30, 2015 at 4:17 am #10569
There have been requests for installing (Update) Windows 10 on the Chuwi Vi8. Here is how I did it.
Note: I have the Chuwi Vi8 dual boot that came with Android and Windows 8.1
August 30, 2015 at 11:19 am #10577KevParticipant
- Download the ISO for Windows 10 from Microsoft. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
- Download Rufus from here https://rufus.akeo.ie/
- You will also need: a) 32Gig USB drive. b) OTG adapter with power. Something like this is suitable:http://miniimg.rightinthebox.com/images/384×384/201407/vkbvti1405692421115.jpg
- Keyboard and mouse which can be plugged into the OTG. Try and get a OTG with 4+1 ports or use a WIFI mouse+keyboard.
- Download the Latest Chuwi drivers from here(Thanks to user ibrahim on this forum):http://www.mediafire.com/download/jejnn0bnoonv0aw/Vi8_Win10_10240_X86_Drivers_Update_Sorted_By_Junnie_V150806.rar
- Use Rufus to make the USB drive bootable using the Windows 10 ISO (1)
- On the USB drive make a folder and extract the drivers (5) into it.
- Download this file (This is the switcher used to switch OS) and copy it into the drivers folder you created in (6) http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/9Ha3I389/file.html
- Plug in your OTG and make sure the power is plugged in and working. There will be a switch on the OTG for this.
- Plug in your USB drive and in Windows, open File Explorer, navigate to the USB drive and run setup.exe
- Windows 10 Upgrade will start. Follow the prompts on screen and choose to download upgrades.
- Important: After a while Win 10 will report that there is not enough space on the Chuwi to install the upgrade and you will be offered an alternative location to use. Choose your USB drive. https://www.thurrott.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/mo-space-needed.jpg
- Also see here https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4547/upgrade-a-small-tablet-or-laptop-to-windows-10
- Windows will now continue and will finally reboot into Windows 10. The touch driver installed by Win 10 is wrong. So first thing you do, after logging in, is using your mouse, open explorer and navigate to the Drivers\Touch_PG folder on your USB, right click on SileadTouch.inf and select Install. Now your touch will work properly.
- Install all the other drivers one by one a) if there is a EXE file, run that or else look for the .INF file, right click and select install.
- Finally install the file downloaded (8) and create a shortcut to it on your desktop for easy access.
- You have now successfully updated to Windows 10 on your Chuwi.
- Posts: 4
Grgreat straight forward tutorial. I upupgraded to windows 10 through win 8 free upgrade and everything went fine touchscreen was working, OS switcher was working but it took up a lot of memory so I decided to do a clean install which you can do inside win 10. That’s when I had problems the touchscreen wasnt working, the OS switcher had gone and the free years office had gone. His there anyway to get a fresh reset of win 8.1 bing as it was out of the box. Does this install of win 10 give you back some of your memory? ThanksAugust 30, 2015 at 3:28 pm #10585
His there anyway to get a fresh reset of win 8.1 bing as it was out of the box. Does this install of win 10 give you back some of your memory? Thanks
If you used a USB as extra storage as I detailed in my tut, then the upgrade will save a copy of your old OS on it in case you need to go back. So a restore to Windows 8.1 will be possible provided you have the USB stick used in the upgrade. But since you did a clean install, there is no way to go back from what you have.
There are some sites that detail how you can do a re-install of windows 8.1 and provide the files but I have never tried it. Mostly Non English – French, Russian and Chinese sites. See if this helps (use Google Translation if needed)
After upgrading to Wind0ws 10 I did get an increase of memory. The Windows drive now shows 18 gigs FREE.
Also check here. I have not Downloaded but it may be the files you are looking for to re-install windows 8.1?September 13, 2015 at 5:24 am #11339hafiqParticipant
- Posts: 1
I’ve downloaded the driver from the link you give but I can’t seem to extract it. Double Driver also can’t recognize it. Is the archive broken?September 14, 2015 at 4:14 am #11385
I’ve downloaded the driver from the link you give but I can’t seem to extract it. Double Driver also can’t recognize it. Is the archive broken?
Nope. Not corrupt. You need to download and use the LATEST version of Winrar. You are using an old version.December 17, 2015 at 5:50 pm #18982Georgi MarkovParticipant
- Posts: 1
i did my upgrade through the get windows 10 app that poped up in the taskbar some time ago. everything went good and i fixed the touch with that driver but when i tried to install the msi file from the link provided it asks for “InsydeQ2S disk or I-NET_x86.msi”.What is that disk or where should i find the “I-NET_x86.msi” file
help me pls…
thanks!January 9, 2016 at 5:17 am #21626amnonParticipant
- Posts: 2
gee thanks you saved my tablet
is there a way to get my android back . i deleted the raw partions containng it by mistake from within windowsJanuary 14, 2016 at 11:46 pm #22382DarrellParticipant
- Posts: 2
I have tried everything on this site to get my touch screen working again for the past week and still no luck. None of the various driver packages on this site seem to make any difference, and the Cuwi website, as everyone knows, has zero support or drivers available. (They shouldn’t be allowed to sell these!)
Chuwi Vi8 Plus/Windows 10/Received January 4th/Signed up for the windows insider program on January 18th/after first update to technical preview build, touch screen didn’t work/tried to reset using windows recovery, didn’t work/did a clean install with windows 10 ISO/still no touch screen and other drivers missing or not working/tablet is currently running fine otherwise, with mouse and keyboard attached, but power options are in basic mode and battery is not detected in Device Manager.
Any new thoughts or suggestions appreciated very much. I would class myself as medium to high tech ability, but this has me stumped.
Thanks in advance,
Darrell, USAMarch 29, 2016 at 8:42 pm #31305Lucien J BourqueParticipant
- Posts: 5
Justin, this is one great piece of work. Thank you very very much for a remarkable step-by-step. I was able to follow it easily from the first to the last step. However, my problem isn’t resolved. I think I did something foolish when I played with the bios several months ago while trying to get the table to boot. It’s been a while now, so I don’t frankly remember. I believe I need to flash the bios before I can flash anything else. Any help would be more than welcomed. Thanks again for the tutorial.
LouApril 24, 2016 at 6:52 pm #34920John JensenParticipant
April 25, 2016 at 9:44 am #34974AnonymousInactive
- Posts: 1
- Posts: 1
I’ve same problem with Darrell. I have tried everything on this site to get my touch screen working again for the past week and still no luck. It make me crazy.May 31, 2016 at 11:58 am #39324MikeParticipant
- Posts: 1
Thank you so much for this post, made my tablet work again after installing the drivers you linked!
And if anyone still has the problem of Darrell or Isron, for me it worked by using a keyboard and mouse, to just open the device manager, uninstall the touch driver, and then install the driver in the Drivers\Touch_PG folder which Justin shared in his first post.July 21, 2016 at 4:39 am #44058Muhammad Firdaus ZuliartoParticipant
- Posts: 1
after i upgraded my chuwi vi8, it’s work and tousch problem is solved. but, it’s feel laggy…
when used, all activity was heavy and slow running.. how to fix it?
btw, my graphic driver is microsoft basic display. is that wrong? i think chuwi vi8 is use Intel HDOctober 26, 2016 at 6:40 am #55682RETTA NETParticipant
- Posts: 1
the drivers link is not working… any mirror or repair the link please…
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.February 23, 2017 at 8:15 am #62614asadParticipant
- Posts: 1
how can install android on chuwi vi8….plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.