How to update Windows 10? 1511 or better: 1607

How to update Windows 10? 1511 or better: 1607

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion How to update Windows 10? 1511 or better: 1607

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andreas
    Participant

I have problems to update my X98 Plus 3G (A6C9): it is not possible to 1511 or the newest one, Anniversary 1607.

There ist always the hint of limited disk space. The Windows system ist fresh. But update fails because of lack of 10 GB. Thats a lot and I cannot free enough disk space – there is not enough disk space, if there is an installed windows.

Am I wrong: Update of Windows 10 is not possible because of limited disk space. Only fresh install works? Any hints?

Alain
    Participant

I tried with m’y x98 plus, with enough espace, using Microsoft download  tool, but it Stuart updating, but dosen’t seem to update …

Gal
    Participant

Just install from USB stick.

polocanada
    Participant

What worked for me in the past upgrading win 8.1 to 10 on a 16gb tablet:

That also required  about 10gb free space. As you can imagine 16gb drive doesn’t give you much space, with Win8 factory reset I barely had about 8gb which was not enough.

I done a few things but most gain was by setting the SWAP file to 100mb temporarily. After upgrade set t back to automatic. That frees some space. Also check if you don’t have hibernation file, run clean disk app to remove unnecessary files (confirm clean – check manualally with treesize) and also check if you don’t have system restore turned on. You can also try to compress as much as possible on the drive, this could take even a day or two to complete and may drain your battery while you charging tablet, so don’t compress everything on C: drive, just make a note of what you compress and do it folder by folder. Last solution is to use autoruns and disable all that starts, then move your programs out temporarily to free space and try upgrade again.

Andreas
    Participant

@Gal:

Thankyou for the advice. I could Update by USB. Works fine.

BTW: no problem with touchscreen

B
    Participant

Just install from USB stick.

How exactly do you do that?

mooms
    Participant
    polocanada
    Participant

I tried from regular USB created using Windows ISO but got same message telling me I don’t have enough space. YMMV.. following the suggestions and freeing space will work for sure

Brian Miller
    Participant

There is an all-in-one solution for creating USB from MS directly https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True

Have not tried myself yet as I could not activate installed windows due to product key already being in use 🙁 Waiting on response from Banggood.

Brian Miller
    Participant

Couldn’t you just move swap file to an SD card?

Nicola
    Participant

I just managed to update my X98 Plus (A5C6) Windows 10 only (no android).

I downloaded the Media Creation Tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It will take about 2 hours or even more.

NOTE: if you experienced SD card problems, you should remove SD card before start the update. After the process is finished, reinstall old Windows 8 drivers, like explained here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/reading-sdxc-card/

Hope it helps.

Nicola

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar