Reading SDXC Card. (Solved – Drives Fix Inside)

Reading SDXC Card. (Solved – Drives Fix Inside)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Reading SDXC Card. (Solved – Drives Fix Inside)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 372 total)
  • Author
    Samuel Hart
    Participant

I cannot get my x98 Plus to read a Sandisk 64gb SDXC card I just bought, tried wiping it to a 64gb fat32 partition ntfs and exFat, just not having it.

Device Manager just shows “Device cannot start” whenever I use it, my 32gb card did work but I think I just broke the damn thing… I’ve another spare 32gb but I would rather setup using the 64gb as it’s a better balance of speed/size.

Any ideas/what driver update I need to fix this?

Menelo Torres
    Participant

Hi, try to format with “EasyUS Partition manager” not with windows format utility.

I purchase this 64GB one:

http://www.banggood.com/Remax-Original-64GB-TF-Micro-SD-Class10-High-speed-Flash-Memory-Card-p-1007023.html”

It is SDHC not SDXC, in ntsc format work ok.

But maybe the problem is the compatibility with the host device, sdxc model is not supported….  I am learning about this. Take a view to wiki about SD cards “https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital”.

Good luck, and tell us your progress. (sorry for my english)

Samuel Hart
    Participant

No, still same issue using an NTFS format:

View post on imgur.com

I thought any 64gb card was actually an sdxc card? The only 2 64gb cards I have are Sandisk SDXC, pretty good cards with high speeds. I had a spare 32gb Lexar that did work but I fragged it somehow with swapping it around a lot, now it’s just got a readable boot partition and is right protected.

I need some cards, so just ordered: http://i.imgur.com/ny5ONTs.png

We’ll see if either of those work, might pickup a Samsung 64gb SDXC if they’re cheap in town tomorrow as well. Can always give the 2 cheap chinese cards to my nieces.

/edit

Seems a lot of people with the X98 Pro had issues with Sandisk cards as well, think I’ll deff buy a Samsung if it’s cheap in town, if not I’ll wait for the aliexpress ones to arrive.

Gal
    Participant

That’s disappointing..  I have a new Sandisk 128GB card waiting for the X98 Plus.. :\

Samuel Hart
    Participant

So the Sandisk suddenly started working, happy with glee I was … apart from the fact I was currently formating a 64gb PNY I just bought, waste of cash…

However the Sandisk unmounted (crash error 43) within 20 minutes and now won’t restart no matter what I try. Seems this is an issue on the Atom version of the MS Surface also. And my PNY card seems fragged completly now too, somehow it’s gone the same as my Lexar I tried, both cards no longer get picked up in any device from my Xperia, laptop, usb reader or Telcast x98 now :/.

Samuel Hart
    Participant

FINALLY!

Now let’s hope the stupid thing stays mounted. I replaced all 3 SD Host Adapter drivers with the windows 8.1 versions and it now runs fine, mounted 3 of my sdxc cards all running 64gb ntfs partitions.

Sandisk

OV

PTLD

All 3 working fine, now I’ve 2 spare cards but im pretty sure i can find a use for them. I can’t test the PNY sdxc as i returned that for a refund this morning.

Now I just gotta wait for Banggood to get back to me, my device arrived with a broken touchscreen – hardware damage.

Samuel Hart
    Participant

Oh right, guess I should be helpful. If anyone else has the issue these are the drivers I used to fix it:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Menelo Torres
    Participant

Good !!!  😉

Šarūnas Sabaliauskas
    Participant

Thanks Samuel, it really works. We need a sticky thread for tips and tweaks.

Samuel Hart
    Participant

The drivers where sourced from http://www.driversfordownload.com/microsoft-drivers-for-download/sdbus.inf_amd64_509acf961ce0c619.zip-driver-file-download-57048 in case anyone didn’t want to trust my attachment, and yes they’re unsigned so have fun with that.

mp
    Participant

I have problem with  micro SD Card storage .

I have attempted to use a different SD cards, but after a short time it will simply vanish from the file explorer.

I check the device manager and it shows a problem with the SD Storage Class Controller, Code 43, Windows has stopped the device because Windows has detected a problem. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver a couple of time and gotten it to return, with all data intact, but after a while it’ll drop off again. I’ve also occasionally seen a Code 10 error after trying to reinstall the driver.

I have tried 3 separate MicroSD cards. So far I have tried:SDHC- 16GB Kingstone Class 10 – 64GB KingStone SD XC and 128GB KingStone SDHC Class 10.

I would help me from your.

Samuel Hart
    Participant

The driver I posted above should fix thisissue.

You have to open widnows Device Manager and manually update all 3 of these:

http://i.imgur.com/TP2HnCc.png%5D/img#

With the driver posted above, you’ll need to turn off windows driver signature to do this. If you’re unsure how just google it, but hold shift while going windows – restart and it should offer you advanced startup options, after that it’s option 7,

v

Atesz
    Participant

Please write step by step how uninstall the win10 driver and how install the win 8 driver ,whith working the 64gb sdxc card , thanks

mp
    Participant

Samuel Hart
    Thank you for your advice.
    I made changes to device drivers, the situation improved for a while but just had to do data transfer again the SD card is lost.
    I believe then problem are at Storage Controllers. At one from the SD Storage Class Controllers show, Code 43.

mp
    Participant

I have write two mails at Teclast, for this problem but do not have sent any response.
    Pity I would expect from such a company to have a serious support. Let’s hope we will not have other technical problems with the device.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 372 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar