I bought chuwi hi8 pro and the resuts

I bought chuwi hi8 pro and the resuts

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion I bought chuwi hi8 pro and the resuts

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Майк Тош 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Майк Тош
    Participant

I bought it few weeks back. I am still waiting. I bought it for 140 $. Now I received a massage saying :

” Hello friend, thank you for your order at first. Actually the factory were ready to send the Hi8 Pro Cherry Trail to us these two days, but when they tested the tablets before sent, they found that the software of the tablet is not stable, so they have to stop and improve it. So we are not able to send the Cherry Trail with problem now. after discuss,our company offer two option for you.
    1.We have a Hi8 Z3736F and it is Dual OS Windows 10 + Android 4.4, so do you mind change your order to this? We can ship it out within 24hours. And please help extend 20days more for your order. Here is the link of the Hi8 Z3736F, you can check.
    2.If you still want to wait the Cherry Trail, need to wait about 20 days more. And please help extend 20 days shipping days more.
    Really sorry for all the inconvenience to you, please understand that it is really not our expect, we also very hurt about it. The new chip tablets always have kinds of problem. We are just the seller, it is without our control. Hope understanding and confirm the issue to me, so that I can arrange your order asap. Waiting for your confirm friend.

What do you think should I change the seller 😕 and buy the tablet know for 105 $ or should I wait. I wont buy the older model, I am interested in the cherry trail ! And also which should you say is a better place to shop aliexpress or banggood or tinydeals ? thanks I hope you post gays !!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi I have the same issue, it seems all the CHuwi Cherry Trails are delayed 1-2 weeks more, my Vi10. Hi10 and Hi8 Pro all delayed with messages like that one from sellers. I’m highly pissed off as I ordered all these machines over a month ago and I plan to be on Holiday on the 8th until the 6th Jan, so none of these tablets will arrive in time it seems! Arghhh….

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Mark
    Participant

If you look at the chuwi Hi8 Pro on Gearbest or Aliexpress You’ll find that it’s now a windows only tablet. Chances are the problem related to Android and not the hardware itself as the email says.

Until they get it sorted out i would cancel your order and wait to see when and if they get the bugs sorted. I did.

I wouldn’t blame the sellers, it’s clearly further up the chain.

Dan
    Participant

That’s weird, I ordered mine a few weeks ago on gearbest and it was delayed once from the 14th to the 20th. A few hours ago my order actually changed to processing and I have received no message about a further delay.

Mark
    Participant

Did you order a dual boot or Windows only version?

Anonymous

As far as I know there is not a Hi8 Pro tablet with dual OS (Windows 10 and Android), only Hi8 Pro tablet with Windows 10 are on sale at the moment.

Chris G
    Keymaster

No the sellers aren’t really to blame, apart from them all giving me fake tracking numbers so the order didn’t auto cancel and refund me. Clearly the delay is coming from Chuwi, Teclast and others.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Mark
    Participant

The one I ordered off Aliexpress was definitively marketed as dual boot, Windows 10 and Android 5.1.  Screen captures even showed android screens, but they were clearly 4.x so undoubtedly only simulated screens.

This was the original link, which is no longer up, but look at the url:

http://id.aliexpress.com/item/Chuwi-Hi8-Pro-Dual-Boot-Android-5-1-windows-10-Tablet-PC-Intel-Cherry-Trail-Z8300/32468358205.html

Also the original text from this site:

Another AliExpress seller leak that was pulled, but later reappeared. The Chuwi Hi8 Pro is an updated Chuwi Hi8. Gone is the Bay Trail Z3736F, replaced by a Cherry Trail X5 Z8300 and 2GB of RAM. There is also a micro HDMI port and what looks to be a USB Type C plug shown in one image? Dual boot, Android 5.1 and Windows 10. Everything else is the same as the Hi8.

From memory, the images on Gearbest still show android screens, so there’s no doubt it was supposed to be dual boot, but somehow got sidelined.

My suggestion to anyone lookng for dual boot, I wouldn’t purchase yet.  It will probably come, but there’s no guarantee, and there’s no guarantee that the firmware will load on the original versions.

Dan
    Participant

I put in a ticket with gearbest, they replied not saying anything about a delay and that my product would ship within 3-5 days of changing to “processing”. We shall see.

Майк Тош
    Participant

Well I lost the timer and can not cancel the order :{ angry, now I will have to wait 10 days to open a Open Dispute: ohhhhhhhhhh

Майк Тош
    Participant

I put in a ticket with gearbest, they replied not saying anything about a delay and that my product would ship within 3-5 days of changing to “processing”. We shall see.

Dan should i go to grearbest or it is the same bullsht?

10 you

Dan
    Participant

Same bullshit for me, no real answers from gearbest told me it would ship in 3 days, its been a week. The site now says they are on preorder again until December the 10th. Don’t really feel like waiting that long.

Anonymous

It seems the shipping date has been delayed again, shipping is now 20 or 21 December. Who knows if the shipping date will be delayed again.

Dan
    Participant

Yeah they replied to my message saying 15 days. What a joke…should probably cancel my order soon.

John
    Participant

I bought mine off of ebay in November.  It was a bit more expensive there than off of banggood or aliexpress, but I was wary of those sites after hearing all the complaints.  The delivery date window is scheduled between Dec. 2 and Dec. 17 so hopefully it gets here soon.  The seller gave me a tracking number that showed up as invalid on chinapost, and I messaged them, but they told me that it was definitely on the way.  I’ll let you know if I receive it soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password