August 12, 2017 at 11:58 am #70498
I think I did something really REALLY stupid. I made one change in the BIOS settings which was to switch the RAM from Single channel to Dual channel. I then used the “Save and Exit” option to save the change and exit the BIOS. Now the device is completely dead… Simply won’t turn on. At the time I made the change, the battery was completely charged. Tried holding the Power-button etc but no luck. Someone has a idea?
Thank you for you assistance!
RonaldAugust 13, 2017 at 7:40 pm #70525CristianParticipant
- Posts: 18
Check Sebs video, settings must be the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Qrt2IOuaY&feature=youtu.beAugust 14, 2017 at 7:51 am #70552
Hi! Thx for the reply. Unfortunately the Tbook simply won’t turn on at all. It is therefore impossible to check settings or to revert back the initial setting of single channel RAM…August 14, 2017 at 1:31 pm #70555ToanParticipant
- Posts: 17
I think you need to open your tablet and remove battery of bios for reset bios to default setting.August 14, 2017 at 3:53 pm #70563Chris GKeymaster
- Posts: 2672
Have you tried powering it on holding the ESC button and tapping it at the same time when booting? On the EZbook 2 and others, it would reset the bios to defaults.
Chris | Admin
Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
Next up for review:
Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30August 15, 2017 at 10:11 am #70615
Thank you for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but without success. Nothing happens… 🙁
RonaldAugust 22, 2017 at 4:00 pm #70867Danny BeavenParticipant
- Posts: 1
Does anyone have the official M5F8 bios file available. I need to flash mine as its got this issue.
DannyNovember 18, 2017 at 1:05 am #74972knudParticipant
- Posts: 2
Did you solve the problem?
KnudNovember 23, 2017 at 10:54 am #75239JorgeParticipant
- Posts: 10
I also did the same and I stayed the same, I can not light in any way.
I also look for the bios file for M5F8
I offer a reward if someone helps me and I can solve it.
Yo también hice lo mismo y me quede igual, no puedo encender de ninguna manera.
También busco el archivo de la bios para M5F8
Ofrezco recompensa si alguien me ayuda y consigo solucionarlo.
Gracias.December 19, 2017 at 10:16 pm #76005JorgeParticipant
- Posts: 10
lo he solucionado, reinstalando la bios.January 3, 2018 at 9:32 pm #76412January 7, 2019 at 4:56 pm #149852
Yesterday I was able to fix my tablet! My steps:
- Open device, very simple: just remove the mini torx-screws en use a flat object (I used a spatula) to gently loosen the back. It may take some force.
- Locate Eeprom. It is under the metal shield. Mine was a Gigadevice 25LQ64CVIG
- I purchased a cheap 4 USD USB programmer on AliExpress: CH341A Mini Programmer (Black Edition). Pay some attention to the jumper setting and correct drivers. I did a Youtube-search on the CH341A and this will provide you with all the necessary info en howTo’s. Programming Software was version 126.96.36.199. and did it on a Windows10 64bit OS
- I was unsuccessful using a standard EPROM Clip: tries two different models and both failed to stay attached to the chip. The best solution was using Micro TSOP clips. They are a bit more expensive but they worked 🙂 (example: HERE)
- I used the following BIOS: TbooK-16-Power-M5F8-Android6.0Win10-V3.14_20170209_BIOS_SKU
- NOTE: I was UNABLE to flash the EPROM UNTIL I desoldered the Batteries + (red wire) and – (black wire). This is very easy to do, no skills required just use a hot soldering iron.
- NOTE2: Although I was able to flash and verify the EPROM succesfully, the tablet refused to boot. I had to charge the device. Luckelly, I soon gave a low battery image on screen. Tablet was able to boot when charged above 30%.
Hope this helps!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.February 18, 2020 at 8:46 pm #182733HenryParticipant
- Posts: 3
i don’t find the eeprom with ch341A
what the type ? manu ? name ?
pleaseFebruary 18, 2020 at 9:13 pm #182734
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.