I bricked my Tbook16 Power (BIOS change Single to Dual RAM Channel) ???

I bricked my Tbook16 Power (BIOS change Single to Dual RAM Channel) ???

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series I bricked my Tbook16 Power (BIOS change Single to Dual RAM Channel) ???

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ronald
    Participant

Dear all,

I think I did something really REALLY stupid. I made one change in the BIOS settings which was to switch the RAM from Single channel to Dual channel. I then used the “Save and Exit” option to save the change and exit the BIOS. Now the device is completely dead… Simply won’t turn on. At the time I made the change, the battery was completely charged. Tried holding the Power-button etc but no luck.  Someone has a idea?

Thank you for you assistance!

Best regards,

Ronald

Cristian
    Participant

Check Sebs video, settings must be the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Qrt2IOuaY&feature=youtu.be

Ronald
    Participant

Hi! Thx for the reply. Unfortunately the Tbook simply won’t turn on at all. It is therefore impossible to check settings or to revert back the initial setting of single channel RAM…

Toan
    Participant

I think you need to open your tablet and remove battery of bios for reset bios to default setting.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Have you tried powering it on holding the ESC button and tapping it at the same time when booting? On the EZbook 2 and others, it would reset the bios to defaults.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Ronald
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but without success. Nothing happens… 🙁

Best regards,
    Ronald

Danny Beaven
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone have the official M5F8 bios file available. I need to flash mine as its got this issue.

Thanks

Danny

knud
    Participant

Hi

Did you solve the problem?

Thanks

Knud

Jorge
    Participant

Hello,

I also did the same and I stayed the same, I can not light in any way.

I also look for the bios file for M5F8

I offer a reward if someone helps me and I can solve it.

Thank you.

———————————————————

Hola,

Yo también hice lo mismo y me quede igual, no puedo encender de ninguna manera.

También busco el archivo de la bios para M5F8

Ofrezco recompensa si alguien me ayuda y consigo solucionarlo.

Gracias.

Jorge
    Participant

lo he solucionado, reinstalando la bios.

Goran Sevo
    Participant

Hope this helps a bit (post 10, Jorge)

Tbook 16 Power bios

Ronald
    Participant

<h1>FIXED</h1>

Dear all,

Yesterday I was able to fix my tablet!  My steps:

• Open device, very simple: just remove the mini torx-screws en use a flat object (I used a spatula) to gently loosen the back. It may take some force.
    • Locate Eeprom. It is under the metal shield. Mine was a Gigadevice 25LQ64CVIG
    • I purchased a cheap 4 USD USB programmer on AliExpress: CH341A Mini Programmer (Black Edition). Pay some attention to the jumper setting and correct drivers. I did a Youtube-search on the CH341A and this will provide you with all the necessary info en howTo’s. Programming Software was version 1.18.0.0. and did it on a Windows10 64bit OS
    • I was unsuccessful using a standard EPROM Clip: tries two different models and both failed to stay attached to the chip. The best solution was using Micro TSOP clips. They are a bit more expensive but they worked 🙂  (example: HERE)
    • I used the following BIOS: TbooK-16-Power-M5F8-Android6.0Win10-V3.14_20170209_BIOS_SKU
    • NOTE: I was UNABLE to flash the EPROM UNTIL I desoldered the Batteries + (red wire) and – (black wire). This is very easy to do, no skills required just use a hot soldering iron.
    • NOTE2: Although I was able to flash and verify the EPROM succesfully, the tablet refused to boot. I had to charge the device. Luckelly, I soon gave a low battery image on screen. Tablet was able to boot when charged above 30%.

Hope this helps!

Ronald

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Henry
    Participant

i don’t find the eeprom with ch341A

what the type ? manu ? name ?

please

Henry
    Participant

i find but is not to find to ch341A

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar