I cannot enter bios

I cannot enter bios

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops I cannot enter bios

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Joey
    Participant

Hi,

Actually, I was able to enter bios once by hitting Esc. Saw an option something like boot order, there was an option Intel Linux, along with Windos, etc. So I selected that, I wanted to see if the system came with built in Linux system.

But it still boots up in Windows. Now I try to enter bios again, when I press Esc, I just face a blank black screen, tried other keys, but the same behaviour.

So now my problem is how to (re)enter bios. Googled around for suggestions nothing worked.

Any ideas please?

TiA!

Chupa
    Participant

disconnect battery for a while for a bios reset

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Joey
    Participant

So much bad luck with this laptop. 🙁

Unfortunately, I cannot remove one of the screws. Brought the laptop in a shop just to remove one of the pesky screws, but they said had to drill just to get the tiny screw.

Still stocked with how to enter/reset the bios. 🙁

Chupa
    Participant

bullshit. these are philips head screws what you can open with every little cross screwdriver.
    There is only to drill if somebody messed up the head. Often it still can be removed by a little hexagon or spiky hexagon screwdriver.

And if it is from a shop they messed it up and should fix it.

show picture of screw

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Joey
    Participant

hi,

it does look like the head is messed up. it was from factory for sure, because it wouldn’t already budge the first time i tried to unscrew it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chupa
    Participant

use one of these like the blue torx one NOT cheap China crap (too soft).
    Stick in, apply pressure (more than you would use with the normal screwdriver) and twist slowly. when it turns, lower pressure.

The head needs to be smaller than the philips head because it has to go halfway in.

If you can not get a new screw, carefully tighten again with the torx

Attachments:

Need Help?

Joey
    Participant

Hi,

Finally able to open the laptop. Where is the bioa battery at?

Attachments:
    Chupa
    Participant

the black yellow and red cable from the main battery.

remove the black sticky tape what sits on the copper cooling tin so you can get on the battery plug.

remove for 10 min

plug back and repaste the black tape

the main battery is the cmos battery also

Need Help?

Joey
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your patience.

I haven’t opened a laptop before, I still cannot find anything that resembles a battery, in a regular computer’s motherboard, it’s easy to spot that circular battery.

I’ve attached pic where there are tapes and highlighted the sections where I peeled the tape.

Thank you again.

Attachments:
    Chupa
    Participant

look at the picture than my post above make sense
    and with uplug this cable I mean all cables not only the yellow one (since the arrow is just pointing direct at the yellow cable)

picture 2 shows a disconnected cable.

use a plastic pry tool or carefully a small flat screwdriver, wiggle at both ends of the plug too loosen and gently pull on the cable

Attachments:

Need Help?

Joey
    Participant

thank you! thank you!

this worked well.

Chupa
    Participant

well, we came a loooong way, glad I could help you

Need Help?

pepemopap
    Participant

I have the same issue. With refind boot loader there are one option to reboot and enter bios and works in our teclasts. (yellow chip icon)

Attachments:
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar