iPlay 20 unbricking

iPlay 20 unbricking

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums General Discussion iPlay 20 unbricking

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gary Ruben
    Participant

I bought the iPlay 20 based on Chris’s review. Thanks Chris! I’ve had it a few days now. It locked up once but has been great otherwise. Because of the lockup I tried updating the firmware to a more recent one from the Alldocube site, missed a step in the procedure and managed to hard brick it; pressing and holding all button combinations did nothing. There are some online guides on unbricking. It requires disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, which obviously requires opening the tablet. It opens easily with a little patience and care, and a guitar pick. I did it with just a fingernail. To open, take out the SIM tray first. Start at the bottom between the USB-C and screen and work you way around and it opens cleanly. The only loose piece that will fall out is the power + volume buttons piece. I snapped a photo of the internals (attached). I followed this guide to reflashing: https://youtu.be/sEPILDoP2qQ which worked. First disconnect the battery. Then with the flashing software primed and the USB cable attached, hold down the volume down and reconnect the battery. You should see the flashing software progress bar start and then you can release the button and let it finish; easy. Knowing I can recover it has given me the confidence to try out one of the Project Treble ROMs at a later date.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    HarimaKun
    Participant

Thank you so much, I was about to asking for a refund on my purchase, because the app stop during the flashing process resulting in hard brick.

You are my personal hero without a cape. 😛

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password