Is my Teclast X98 Air 3G C5J5 dead?

Is my Teclast X98 Air 3G C5J5 dead?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Is my Teclast X98 Air 3G C5J5 dead?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carlos Martinez
    Participant

Today I could open my X98 Air 3G at last, that has been unresponsive for a few days, to check on the battery.

To my dismay the battery seems to be fine. I unsoldered the black and red terminals from the board, then soldered them again, to do a reset, and nothing happened. I did not unsolder the white cable, as apparently it’s just a thermal sensor. Should I unsolder it too?

I don’t have any other 3.8v battery around to see if the tablet is alright, neither do I have an external adjustable supply that might also allow me to check that.

Are there any other tests I can do before I declare the Teclast officially dead?

Clark
    Participant

You’ve likely tried connecting power and walking away for 24 hours. That amazingly worked for me when I was sure mine was all the way dead. (Same model)

Carlos Martinez
    Participant

Will try that. Thanks!

Oracle_ed
    Participant

Today I could open my X98 Air 3G at last, that has been unresponsive for a few days, to check on the battery. To my dismay the battery seems to be fine. I unsoldered the black and red terminals from the board, then soldered them again, to do a reset, and nothing happened. I did not unsolder the white cable, as apparently it’s just a thermal sensor. Should I unsolder it too? I don’t have any other 3.8v battery around to see if the tablet is alright, neither do I have an external adjustable supply that might also allow me to check that. Are there any other tests I can do before I declare the Teclast officially dead?

Did you measure the battery voltage before trying to turn it on and also while it was booting up?

The thermal sensor doesn’t need to be unsoldered to perform a ‘reset’.

Carlos Martinez
    Participant

I didn’t measure while it was booting, I still can do that. But before that, yes, to check on the voltage. It was 3,8v, as it should.

No, I didn’t unsolder the thermal sensor. That only works for when you are charging the battery, not when running.

Carlos Martinez
    Participant

The battery now seems to be empty, so the problem might be the battery.

Pity I don’t have any 3.8v battery around with capacity to power the tablet.

On the external AC supplies, which I will provide one, one did not handle the current and the other, that would, seems to have a defective regulator.

I have a few of those external round 3.7v li-ion 3Ah batteries, but I don’t have a battery holder with terminal cables to use. I’m not sure what the Teclast current needs are.

Perhaps there’s some battery holder where you can series or parallel those 3.7v batteries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password