iWork 10 Dual Boot to Single Boot Windows

iWork 10 Dual Boot to Single Boot Windows

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate iWork 10 Dual Boot to Single Boot Windows

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Flubski
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    Is it possible to delete all the partitions and only install windows? I would have normally bought the Windows 10 only version, but they didnt have it in stock. I don´t need Android, so it´s a waste of memory capacity for me.
    Thx in advance 😀

Laura
    Participant

yes, really easy. just delete all the partitions (dunno if you can from windows setup, if not you must boot with a linux usb drive or winpe and wipe them) and reinstall windows

do a backup of the drivers first btw, and a full image backup of the whole disk, you’ll probably need to recover some files later

oh bear in mind that if your windows is the 10pro with MAK activation it won’t be that easy. you can’t reinstall that and keep activation. you’ll have to fiddle with partitions, delete the android ones and resize/reposition the windows ones

Flubski
    Participant

yes, really easy. just delete all the partitions (dunno if you can from windows setup, if not you must boot with a linux usb drive or winpe and wipe them) and reinstall windows

do a backup of the drivers first btw, and a full image backup of the whole disk, you’ll probably need to recover some files later

oh bear in mind that if your windows is the 10pro with MAK activation it won’t be that easy. you can’t reinstall that and keep activation. you’ll have to fiddle with partitions, delete the android ones and resize/reposition the windows ones

Thank you! I´ve got a lot of unused Win 7 and Win 8 licenses laying around at home. Can I use them to install the normal Windows 10 without resizing and stuff?

Laura
    Participant

yep you can

Flubski
    Participant

After I deleted everything, how do I boot from my USB-Stick?

Laura
    Participant

the dual boot screen should pop up with a W instead of the windows logo, select that and it should boot from the usb drive (assuming that’s a winpe usb drive)

if not, go into bios and select the usb drive in the last tab under boot override

Abady
    Participant

After I deleted everything, how do I boot from my USB-Stick?

Press F7 repeatedly while booting until you get to the boot menu

Laura
    Participant

oh so that’s F7 the key for boot menu, good to know

Abady
    Participant

Yes.

For some reason changing the boot order in the BIOS doesn’t change anything for me, so I only use F7. In the BIOS there are two menus for boot order, the first one I can’t modify, the second I can modify but it doesn’t help!

Laura
    Participant

yes it doesn’t matter but the boot override thing is basically a boot menu integrated into bios

Flubski
    Participant

@lalla521 @abdullah-f-alromaih
    The problem is that I don´t have the CDK05 keyboard yet and my normal cherry keyboard doesnt seem to be working at the beginning of the boot, so I don´t achieve to enter neither the bios nor the boot menu :((

Martin Gorbush
    Participant

@lalla521 @abdullah-f-alromaih The problem is that I don´t have the CDK05 keyboard yet and my normal cherry keyboard doesnt seem to be working at the beginning of the boot, so I don´t achieve to enter neither the bios nor the boot menu :((

That’s bad news.

I didn’t order Cube CKD05 keyboard yet because I want to check tablet first and not pay another 1/3 of its value for keyboard which can be used only with this equipement. Not to menation that I would like to have a battery in this dock. Why they didn’t work out some standard for similar screen size and proportions :(.

Laura
    Participant

@lalla521 @abdullah-f-alromaih The problem is that I don´t have the CDK05 keyboard yet and my normal cherry keyboard doesnt seem to be working at the beginning of the boot, so I don´t achieve to enter neither the bios nor the boot menu :((

that’s weird. my usb keyboard works when connected directly to the tablet, even in bios. are you spamming that ESC key enough?

Abady
    Participant

that’s weird. my usb keyboard works when connected directly to the tablet, even in bios. are you spamming that ESC key enough?

Me too, I use a keyboard that I have lying around plugged in to a USB hub.

Flubski
    Participant

That’s bad news.

I didn’t order Cube CKD05 keyboard yet because I want to check tablet first and not pay another 1/3 of its value for keyboard which can be used only with this equipement. Not to menation that I would like to have a battery in this dock. Why they didn’t work out some standard for similar screen size and proportions :(.

Well, I dont know what I did wrong, but it works now …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password