iWork 10 Dual Boot to Single Boot Windows

iWork 10 Dual Boot to Single Boot Windows

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate iWork 10 Dual Boot to Single Boot Windows

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Martin Gorbush
    Participant

Well, I dont know what I did wrong, but it works now …

Thanks for reconfirmation.

Jason
    Participant

Anyone managed to do this? I only want Win10 on there and extra space.

Abady
    Participant

Yes, I tied a couple of days ago with a windows image that I have. Just removed all the partitions and formatted the drive, then installed windows using the whole drive capacity.

Just use a windows installation disk or use any bootable drive management software like GParted to remove the android partitions and expand windows partition.

However you’ll still get the boot selection screen and if you choose android it just keeps rebooting, not sure exactly how you can disable the boot selection screen.

Flubski
    Participant

So which partitions do I have to delete? Can I delete all partitions and then just let the windows bootable drive generate the 100mb system partition + another partition for Windows with the entire capacity, that´s left? Or delete the android partitions only, format the windows partition + system and resize the main windows partition?

Jason
    Participant

Any guides about to make it single boot? I’m pretty good with pcs in general but never done it on a tablet, is the windows key stored in the bios like a computer? I could possibly download a Win 10 Pro image and start fresh.

Laura
    Participant

it IS a computer. the key, if legit, should be in the bios.

Jason
    Participant

it IS a computer. the key, if legit, should be in the bios.

How do I find out if the key is legit? Shouldn’t all these tablets have a legit key though ?

dlink377
    Participant

Yes, I tied a couple of days ago with a windows image that I have. Just removed all the partitions and formatted the drive, then installed windows using the whole drive capacity. Just use a windows installation disk or use any bootable drive management software like GParted to remove the android partitions and expand windows partition. However you’ll still get the boot selection screen and if you choose android it just keeps rebooting, not sure exactly how you can disable the boot selection screen.

I think you can modify the bootscreen on the SwitchNow app on the Windows (available on desktop). Never really tried it since I still need the Android and I don’t want to make additional problem.

Marco Pederzoli
    Participant

EDIT: I removed all “unused” partitions and the huge 17GB one containing Android using Aesus Partition Manager. I kept all the smaller partition labelled as EFI or “reserved” or “recovery” (this one is almost 500mb) then I formatted the unused space and mounted a folder inside my documents in Windows.

It’s not as nice as merging C with the now free partition (and have it expanded by 17GB) but I’d say it’s a decent result. I installed my Dropbox there so now I don’t have to worry to run out of space.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password