Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Rac4 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Rac4
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I was performing a few readings on my EZbook 3 pro battery, because of the frequent battery problem a lot of Jumper buyers seem to get. The power adapter was plugged in, the battery was plugged in and the computer was running. I was taking a voltage reading at the battery connector of the motherboard, I accidently created a short circuit with my multimeter reading sticks and everything shut down. The spark lasted for less than a second but it was enough. I cannot boot my computer anymore, it is dead.

I tried to power it back but no success. When I plug the power adapter, the side red charging led goes on and off repeatedly. Then, when I press power once, nothing happens : black screen. When I press power a second time, the blue led in front of the keyboard light up for a fraction of a second and then turn off. Nothing happens after that.

I own a Jumper EZbook 3 Pro. 6gb of ram. Emmc 64gb. I don’t think I have the V4 since I can’t (and didn’t) play with the BIOS (it is locked).

Here’s what I tried so far:

– I disconnected the battery and the power adapter for a whole night, in order to reset the BIOS. It didn’t work.

– I hold the power button for more than 30 seconds, then release it for 5 seconds, then press the power button for another 5 seconds. It does exactly what it did before : when I press power a second time, the blue led in front of the keyboard light up for a second and then turn off.

– I tested the power adapter. It still delivers a 12.20V tension and amps (I was able to light up a bunch of 12V leds (2.5A consumption)).

– I took no chance and tried with a different 12V (3A) power adapter. It didn’t work.

– I took a good look at the motherboard and nothing seems cooked.

– I unsoldered the battery plug from the battery. I created a 8.7V power adapter and soldered it to the battery plug and plugged it in the battery input of the motherboard. It didn’t work.

Does anyone have any clue about what I should try to make it works?

Many thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password