Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Rac4
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I was performing a few readings on my EZbook 3 pro battery, because of the frequent battery problem a lot of Jumper buyers seem to get. The power adapter was plugged in, the battery was plugged in and the computer was running. I was taking a voltage reading at the battery connector of the motherboard, I accidently created a short circuit with my multimeter reading sticks and everything shut down. The spark lasted for less than a second but it was enough. I cannot boot my computer anymore, it is dead.

I tried to power it back but no success. When I plug the power adapter, the side red charging led goes on and off repeatedly. Then, when I press power once, nothing happens : black screen. When I press power a second time, the blue led in front of the keyboard light up for a fraction of a second and then turn off. Nothing happens after that.

I own a Jumper EZbook 3 Pro. 6gb of ram. Emmc 64gb. I don’t think I have the V4 since I can’t (and didn’t) play with the BIOS (it is locked).

Here’s what I tried so far:

– I disconnected the battery and the power adapter for a whole night, in order to reset the BIOS. It didn’t work.

– I hold the power button for more than 30 seconds, then release it for 5 seconds, then press the power button for another 5 seconds. It does exactly what it did before : when I press power a second time, the blue led in front of the keyboard light up for a second and then turn off.

– I tested the power adapter. It still delivers a 12.20V tension and amps (I was able to light up a bunch of 12V leds (2.5A consumption)).

– I took no chance and tried with a different 12V (3A) power adapter. It didn’t work.

– I took a good look at the motherboard and nothing seems cooked.

– I unsoldered the battery plug from the battery. I created a 8.7V power adapter and soldered it to the battery plug and plugged it in the battery input of the motherboard. It didn’t work.

Does anyone have any clue about what I should try to make it works?

Many thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Vassilis
    Participant

AfuEfix64.efi jumper.rom /P /B /N /reboot

I run this command and my YEPO is dead

Help meeee

is there anything to do to recover bios?

Sergey N.
    Participant

Hello there guys!!
    I do have the similar problem with my Jumber EzBook 3 Pro rev2.
    I eman it doesn’t turn on, battery doesn’t charge up too.
    When I plug in the power supply orange led just start to blink after ever 3-5 seconds.
    When I try to turn laptop on, the blue led just blinking and nothing happens. Same with battery connected or disconnected.
    Power supply is 100 percent workable. I do not understand what is going on.
    Sorry if my English is not that good.
    And I would be very grateful for any hints or advices.
    So far I tried to de-attach battery, connect laptop to my TV, reconnected all connectors.
    What else can I do?

Sergey N.
    Participant

Does anyone have any clue about what I should try to make it works?

Hello! I have an exactly the same problem right now with the same symptoms

Have you managed to fix your jumper?

Juan
    Participant

Hello,

@Rac4

I own a Jumper EZbook 3 Pro. 6gb of ram. Emmc 64gb. I don’t think I have the V4 since I can’t (and didn’t) play with the BIOS (it is locked).

Here’s what I tried so far:

– I disconnected the battery and the power adapter for a whole night, in order to reset the BIOS. It didn’t work.

– I hold the power button for more than 30 seconds, then release it for 5 seconds, then press the power button for another 5 seconds. It does exactly what it did before: when I press power a second time, the blue led in front of the keyboard light up for a second and then turn off.

I have the same model and I tried the same as above and not a success.

Somebody suggested in one of these threads to disconnect also the Keyboard to reset the BIOS but I don’t know how to do it, really which is the right connector as I follow the instructions on the thread to the letter.

Can anybody please show how to do it safely?. I think it is my last resort to find the solution.

Cheers

Juan

Greg Hicks
    Participant

Same problem here, except the battery drained down and died while in use, now it won’t respond to charging other than the amber charge port light comes on, and the power light display blinks every 7 seconds or so otherwise, nada. I’ve done the method of depressing the power button 30 seconds, etc, as mentioned in this thread (thanks!) …also tried leaving it unplugged for a while, even changed power source, all to no avail. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

zopa
    Participant

mine works but powering on from 3-50 time of swithing on-off cycle

With new battery or without it don’t want to run

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar