Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro-dead, power light and screen don't work,charging light work

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    szymonambrooziak
    Participant

Hi guys. My Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro died. It does not respond to the power button, the lights that indicate that the computer is turned on do not illuminate in any case. Only the side-loading lamp works which lights up when connected to the charger in green. I turned on the laptop and disconnected the batteries, but it did not help. It happened so, the computer was in EFI Shell, I went out with the command “exit”, the Jumper logo appeared and Windows 10 was launched. I clicked the power button, under which the system hibernation was set. After switching to hibernation mode, the lights started to flash / blink. After that I held down the power button for a few seconds and the computer no longer responded. He died.

Chupa
    Participant

Welcome to the long line of dead Jumpers you will find here.

We hold memorial services weekly.

Sometimes it helps to put a big hammer next to the Jumper. open it up, disconnect the battery for the day tell him if he does not boot the hammer awaits him.

Next day plug in battery, plug in power, turn on.

Use hammer at your discretion.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

I Hard
    Participant

Did you mess with BIOS? It comes with a generic bios so you must not touch any settings.

To reset bios, remove batteries, wait for 1 hour, press power button a few times, then reinsert batteries

szymonambrooziak
    Participant

Do you think that this is a BIOS problem? The computer does not start up or respond to anything except the charging light on the side of the housing when the cable is connected. I removed the batteries for 15-20 minutes but nothing helped. I have seen posts before, that there is no image displayed, but the computer was on and the computer’s light was on, and nothing at all. It does not react to anything except the landing lights.

G
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Sounds like the motherboard has died :(</p>

Chupa
    Participant

for some reason after reading of the lemming like deaths of the Jumpers, Freddie Mercury comes to mind.

https://youtu.be/NVIbCvfkO3E

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

szymonambrooziak
    Participant

Guys, an ezbook after a few days of restoring. I do not know how this happened. On Wednesday I unplugged the batteries and on Thursday I plugged in but it still did not work. Today it still did not work, but after knocking it down from the bottom it suddenly turned on. As it happened, I do not know. Maybe you have any ideas?

szymonambrooziak
    Participant

Pic

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chupa
    Participant

reminds me of the old tv´s what when not worked always got a smack on some corner until they worked again.

Only one thing to do, open carefully and start wiggling cable by cable and see when it turns off again. might be a contact problem I would carefully  and with a magnifying glass check  the way from the plug to the battery and then check the keyboard cable, because this is where you on off switch is.

Mine is only an on switch, after the 2nd time pressing delete and hitting power off I disabled it in the power settings.

Need Help?

Jango
    Participant

Is there any solution already? I have a completely new Jumper EZBook 3 and managed to power it on once or twice already, but now it doesnt work again. I press on-button and just blue light blinks for a second. Any ideas how to get it running?

Chupa
    Participant
    1. if it is new, talk to the dealer, shoot a video of the not working pc and ask for a solution.
    2. If it is new and you did not mess with it, it might be a defective unit, send it back.
    3. open up, disconnect all cables and then carefully reconnect.
    4. blame chris for showing you  working unit in his test and yours behaves not the same way
    5. blame yourself for not checking the forum before buying and noticing that the new jumpers are having a ton of problems. (see my post about stop buying jumpers (link below)

I would go with 1-2 first and then if no sticker blocks the screws with option 3

jumper has changed the 3 pro 7 times in less than a year while the 3s what works well is still unchanged

Need Help?

Jango
    Participant

Hi Chupa,

thanks for your reply. I did not mess with the laptop, in fact I didnt do anything with it so far, not even installed Skype or something. Was in contact with Gearbest already, they only could offer me to send it back to China or Spain on my own shipping costs (not that cheap). There is no sticker on the back, but I dont really wanna touch the inside parts and/or cables. I will try to get some help at a computer repairshop back in Austria. Do you have any idea what might be the standard cause of these problems? Really just weak cablework, or a defective power unit or so?

Regards, Jango

Chupa
    Participant

no, but Jumper quality is getting really bad now.

they are dropping like flies.

Send back try Teclast maybe it is better.
    if you used paypal with gearbest the you get some money for return shipping from paypal.

Need Help?

rajko
    Participant

<span class=”goog-text-highlight”>Tražim pomoć ako mi neko može pomoći. </span><span>Nakon što sam zamenio bateriju, moj ebook 3 pro nije želio puniti akumulator dobro, pokušao sam da resetujem bateriju tri puta, napunio sam ga do maksimuma, a zatim isprazni do nekih 5%, a potom i moj ezbook 3 pro nije želeo ni sa punjačem. </span><span>Nastavljam pritiskom na dugme za napajanje 15 sekundi, plavo svetlo samo treperi i postoji kraj. </span><span>Da li mi neko može pomoći na bilo koji način?</span>

Chupa
    Participant

<span id=”result_box” class=”” lang=”en”><span class=””>I’m looking for help if someone can help me.</span> <span class=””>After I replaced the battery, my ebook 3 pro did not want to charge the battery well, I tried to reset the battery three times, I filled it up to the maximum, then empty up to some 5%, and then my ezbook 3 pro did not even want with a charger</span> <span class=””>.</span>
    <span class=””>I continue pressing the power button for 15 seconds, the blue light only flashes and there is a end.</span>
    <span class=””>Can someone help me in any way?</span></span>

<span id=”result_box” class=”” lang=”bs”>kako i sa čime ste zamenili bateriju?
    Slike?
    <span class=””>Mislim da ste uradili nešto pogrešno, ali morate nam reći šta ste uradili tačno.</span></span>

how and with what did you replace the battery?
    Pictures?
    I think you did something wrong, but you need to tell us what you did exactly.

Need Help?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar