Jumper EZbook S4 – Seller sent me an eMMC instead of SSD

Jumper EZbook S4 – Seller sent me an eMMC instead of SSD

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper EZbook S4 – Seller sent me an eMMC instead of SSD

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Shahmatt
    Participant

The seller advertised 8GB/128GB SSD, but I received a 128GB Samsung DJNB4R eMMC instead.

I guess they thought I wouldn’t notice. Crystalmark speeds are dismal anyway.

Everything else looks ok. So now I have a choice ahead of me.

At around 310USD this thing was a steal.

I could return it and get all my money back or I could request a discount and keep what I have.

Should I choose to keep it would it be difficult for me to replace the eMMC with a SSD? Switching out drives on a desktop build is no problem for me but I have little experience with laptops. What would be the cost of a decent SSD?

Should I open up the laptop to find out the port? Is there any seal I need to be aware of when opening it?

Francesco
    Participant

The emmc may be soldered on the board itself, i’m not sure if you’ll be able to swap it out

Super
    Participant

ask for a partial refund, ask for 27$ to buy a 128gb ssd and u will have both.

by the way , does it have tn or ips.

Shahmatt
    Participant

Shouldn’t there be a slot to install something additional?

It was advertised as TN. Looks like a pretty good TN actually.

Chupa
    Participant

if you see no sealed screw, then there is no seal.
    open up,  post a photo and we take it from there.
    what was the cristalmark in R/W?

load a page with color and white and black parts, flip screen towards you so far that you can barely make it out.

If the colors do not change you got a IPS, if the colors shift and change you got a TN

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

filn
    Participant

Is the keyboard ok?

This should be like the Jumper EZbook 3 Plus that is selling for $380 the main difference is the Core M and 128 ssd

Shahmatt
    Participant

if you see no sealed screw, then there is no seal. open up, post a photo and we take it from there. what was the cristalmark in R/W? load a page with color and white and black parts, flip screen towards you so far that you can barely make it out. If the colors do not change you got a IPS, if the colors shift and change you got a TN

Tilting the screen does not perceptibly alter colors though they do get a tad darker. Actually viewing angles seem to be as good as my IPS desktop display. So if it’s TN I guess it has really good viewing angles.

There is a seal on one screw. Seller is not responding and forcing me to either return or keep it. I guess I’ll keep it as truly everything else seems really nice. In comparison with the Teclast F7 (owned by my father in law) I feel the overall quality is at least a match

Crystaldiskmark results are attached.

Will post an image of internals later.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Shahmatt
    Participant

@filn

The keyboard is comfortable to use – the keys are widely spaced out. They make a bit of a clickety sound which could be annoying for some. Otherwise no complaints.

filn
    Participant

@Shahmatt

Thanks for your answer! I hope the problem is solved with your seller. <!–more–>

Shahmatt
    Participant

Images of the internals and what I guess looks like the m.2 port (can anyone confirm?)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes, I just posted my review of this laptop. sadly I got the eMMC as well, seems all the first batch is like this. Not exactly what I paid for, I order an SSD model like you. It’s a 2280 SATA3 slot. My Sandisk M.2 2260 works fine and my aData 2280 and Transend 2242.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Shahmatt
    Participant

Thanks for the review. Nice to see that Linux works. May try that sooner or later.

Chupa
    Participant

look on the bright side, you have a free m.2 slot
    Choose the m.2  you like when memory gets low and use emmc as backup or for things you do not need speedy.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password