Jumper Ezbook X4

Jumper Ezbook X4

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper Ezbook X4

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

Dumb Ideas part ???
    Seeing the keyboard it looks white print on silver keys.
    Had this once with a HP, went back to the dealer after trying to use at home in relaxed on lap position.
    The print became invisible in certain angles.
    Why not make it black?
    On my Asus they have black on silver and it is visible under every angle, with or without backlit.

The power plug next to the 3.5 mm audio plug makes no sense, but is accompanied by a big sticker, where to plug – brilliant design choice.
    The power plug looks smaller than 3.5mm so it will be even easier to break off by accident.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Alex
    Participant

Don’t forget it uses TN screen too, I thought by now they would have upgraded to a IPS screen.

Chupa
    Participant

even if they write IPS. you still can end up with a TN.
    It happened to me with my 3S, every youtube review spoke from an anti reflective screen, mine is like a mirror and TN.
    There is no guarantee what you end up with and the Jumper 3 pro track record of always having some major faults in every new version  (number 4 had just minor problems) this concludes my experiment with cheap Chinese computers.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Giovanni
    Participant

Really sucks TN+glossy..
    I really hope for a N4100 with IPS+matte screen

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

G
    Participant

I’ve been relatively happy with my v4 EZBook 3 Pro, but then again that does seem to be the best version (when running Windows from an SSD).

I don’t think I’ll risk it again in future though, I’ll just wait for Acer to put something similar like the Swift 1 onto the market.

Chupa
    Participant

I concur, the V4 was the best so far

Need Help?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I got mine and it’s good so far. I like it more than the EZBook 3 Pro and my Teclast F7. If Jumper wises up and swap the TN for an IPS and add an 8GB option it will be the best so far. Power limits are unlocked in the bios on this V1 model. Hopefully, they aren’t stupid enough to later disable it like the V5+ of the EZBook 3 Pro.

TN panel it has as bad vertical viewing angles as expected. But also not as bad as I thought, sure its bad compared to an IPS, but for a TN the colours and blacks etc aren’t half bad. I look at my panels front on so the TN panel isn’t a deal breaker for me. At this point it will replace my Teclast F7.

The N4100 is much quicker, it can still be bogged down of course but even with the 9W stock TDP it feels quick.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Claudio
    Participant

On GearBest I read ram of this laptop can be upgraded from 4gb to 8gb: is that really feasible

Mr X
    Participant

No it’s soldered.

Rohan Lorange
    Participant

anyone breaks theirs screen Im interested in buying the motherboards my USB ports are dead

Ageatis
    Participant

Hi guys, I have to buy a new cheap pc. Now I have a 3 pro which is good for my use but I had to change it (broken case cause car crash) and I would like to know from you if is still a best buying or I should lookk for something else (like the x4). ATM my budget is around 300€ and I almost surf the web, watch movies in streaming and play emulated android games (lineage II).

Chris G
    Keymaster

It is or the Teclast F7. And for more, you get the faster EZBook X4. But the screen isn’t as good, however, it does have a backlit keyboard. Thermals on mine weren’t good, but I fixed that and will have a video on it soon.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Ageatis
    Participant

Thank you @Chris for your answere.

I’ll wait some more days/week for an eventual new version of the x4 otherwise I’ll buy again the 3 pro (btw I’ll wait for your videos 😉 )

Rohan Lorange
    Participant

is this thing ever brakes are you break the screen I’ll happily so it’s the mother board because mine came with dead USB ports otherwise the thing is perfect. Oh no not working now because I can’t use my recovery USB

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar