K9C3 Teclast X98 Pro

K9C3 Teclast X98 Pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum K9C3 Teclast X98 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    rich t
    Participant

4 watts? This processor will use up to 8 watts at full turbo. which is why we have issues. because it shouldn’t be able to turbo 24/7. not even the Microsoft surface turbos 24/7

I couldn’t find the Cherry Trail TDP, so I estimated it (wrong). :-( Anyway, we need some far better cooling and maybe BIOS changes re: turbo modes. Oh, Chris, maybe use some modeling clay to see what thickness the sink should be and keep the number of junctions to a minimum. I tried to open the case, like I have several times with my Air II using a guitar pick. Boy, is it tight. I don’t want to mess it up, as mine has really bad speakers, I may decide to return it.

If we could fit a ram heatsink on, I think heat issues would be gone.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Next one I open up I will tackle it in a different way, if the bios update doesn’t fix it. But I’m sure that if the turbo boost clocks/limits or boost items are lowered it might fix the issue completely without the need for opening them up. It should also give us a nice battery boost.

What I see on many of these tablets from Chinese is first batches can often have minor issues like this, normally they have various revisions to fix minor problems. Just look at how many revisions the X98 Air 3G has had, most are just eMMC changes and dual boot, or non-dual boot. But many were fixes to the cameras and screen inverted issues. There was also a batch with faulty intel GFX that would cause freezing.

Nice of OKQI to post that, so at least Teclast are aware of the issue and a bios update is imbound. I will keep an eye on the Teclast forums for a download.

@yamvmax
    I’m not sure the ram needs it, I used a better thermal pad there to at least help.

Once we get the bios update all we need to do is find a way to charge and use the tablet at the same time. Unfortunately, my charging USB Hub that works on the X98 Air series and Chuwi tablets will not work here. It will stop charging after a few minutes no matter what I do. There must be a way to wire up a hub to charge and give data. If only we had a D/C power jack in.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

rich t
    Participant

Next one I open up I will tackle it in a different way, if the bios update doesn’t fix it. But I’m sure that if the turbo boost clocks/limits or boost items are lowered it might fix the issue completely without the need for opening them up. It should also give us a nice battery boost. What I see on many of these tablets from Chinese is first batches can often have minor issues like this, normally they have various revisions to fix minor problems. Just look at how many revisions the X98 Air 3G has had, most are just eMMC changes and dual boot, or non-dual boot. But many were fixes to the cameras and screen inverted issues. There was also a batch with faulty intel GFX that would cause freezing. Nice of OKQI to post that, so at least Teclast are aware of the issue and a bios update is imbound. I will keep an eye on the Teclast forums for a download. @yamvmax I’m not sure the ram needs it, I used a better thermal pad there to at least help. Once we get the bios update all we need to do is find a way to charge and use the tablet at the same time. Unfortunately, my charging USB Hub that works on the X98 Air series and Chuwi tablets will not work here. It will stop charging after a few minutes no matter what I do. There must be a way to wire up a hub to charge and give data. If only we had a D/C power jack in.

I meant big ram heatsink on the cpu

Milosz
    Participant

Hi Guys…. My copper plate has been order…..All tougether I’m disapointed… My model x98pro -Horrible temps + throtting, quiet speaker, poor battery life,blue screen. I’m thinking to back to windows 8 …switch tablet mode on/off is painfull….no IExplorer on UI …microsoft edge during wideo play give me visable digitaizer line (red coulor specialy)  in classic IE and chrome is fine ….   I was expect better preformance compare to my  Lenovo miix 2 8″ on windows 8 (z3470,2Gb RAM) and honestly i think my lenovo is faster 😀 I have couple question…

1. Its possible to activate windows 8 using windows 10 key?
    2. Will be avilable android for this device? and any guide hot to install for dual boot?

I would like to say big THX for Chris and his great JOB…great website …carry on

sorry for my poor english

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    rich t
    Participant

Hi Guys…. My copper plate has been order…..All tougether I’m disapointed… My model x98pro -Horrible temps + throtting, quiet speaker, poor battery life,blue screen. I’m thinking to back to windows 8 …switch tablet mode on/off is painfull….no IExplorer on UI …microsoft edge during wideo play give me visable digitaizer line (red coulor specialy) in classic IE and chrome is fine …. I was expect better preformance compare to my Lenovo miix 2 8″ on windows 8 (z3470,2Gb RAM) and honestly i think my lenovo is faster ? I have couple question…

1. Its possible to activate windows 8 using windows 10 key?
    2. Will be avilable android for this device? and any guide hot to install for dual boot?

I would like to say big THX for Chris and his great JOB…great website …carry on sorry for my poor english

Sounds like you have a defective tab. Even with the heat issues, this thing flies. No lag, great screen, quicker than my i3 laptop.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@wiskas If your Lenovo miix z3470 & 2Gb RAM is faster then there must be something wrong with your X98 Pro or you have a very slow eMMC?. Like Rich T says, my X98 Pro is fast, even with the throttling it’s twice as fast as my old X98 Air 3G Z3536F and feels very snappy. Even runs my 2560 x 1440 monitor great. Hell with my copper heat sink mod it even plays BF4 which is amazing. BF4 on that Lenovo would be a 10fps slide show at best if it can even run on 2GB of ram.

A Windows 10 key will not activate Windows 8. There is a dual boot model now out, but no Rom and dual boot bios yet for us Single OS users. It should be coming soon. Once released I will post a guide.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Bill B
    Participant

I see another report of weak speakers.  In my case they are far weaker than in my Air II, even though they are the same speakers.  I can’t find a setting that is able to raise the output within Windows.  BUT, it’s not the speaker itself.  I boosted the volume inside KODI and the sound is great.  I installed an app called DFX Audio Enhancer and the sound boost in all apps makes the speakers sound like they should.  So, that’s workable for those affected.  I gather not everyone has observed the ridiculously low max volume of the Pro speakers.

Milosz
    Participant

Thx for this information…i will try to fix sound volume… My model also have problemy with display driver(crash)…screen lock sometimes not responding but tablet is not freeze…just not responding for touch but clock and background photo they change. During play (batman arkham assylum) fps drop from 40 to 10 and game freez for 1-2 second…. But the most funny is very viable digitaizer lines during use Microsoft Edge (video only-red color specialy) any other browser is fine.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@wiskas Have you tried running Intel driver update utility? That will give you the latest Intel GFX driver and hopefully fix your issues. I did experience one driver crash. A tray pop up saying the Intel graphics driver has crashed etc, but I haven’t seen it again since updating the driver.

@bill-b
    Yes I reported this in my review, I’ll try your fix. I was looking for a loudness boost in the realtek drivers, but nothing. My Air 3G sounds louder and my $139 Chuwi Vi10 is even better again.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Milosz
    Participant

@Chris i i try to use Intel tool to driver update…is downloading/install/ and fail…great Intel tool can’t upgrade driver 🙂 I going for 2 weeks of Holiday right now and x98pro going with me….I will try to uninstall driver and install newest. I gona hardly test this device and after holiday definitely install Windows 8 ….perhaps some problems will be resolved on win8…. about sound I can only say that my iPad 3 volume is approximately 3 times louder…. 🙂

Bill B
    Participant

Chris – Thanks for clarifying that the speaker volume was an issue you identified as well.  I hope Teclast can address it or that we can find a free solution, like Mirek190 has done for the Air II and 3G low volume under Android with Viper.

William
    Participant

i still havent had another crash since doing the driver update.

also i was able to use a otg charging hub, and the tablet didn’t only charge, but it charged at 9 watts!!!!! which is quite nice.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@willba4 Hi William, yes 100% no crashes here either since the Intel driver update. So at least that was an Intel issue. Please do share with us the OTG charging hub you use, mine is not working on my X98 Pro, well it will work and charge for about 1-2 minutes then stop. If I can have OTG and charge this tablet will be so much better!

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

William
    Participant

Its just one of the really cheap ones,

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1xPQnHFXXXXX.XVXXq6xXFXXXL/1pc-High-Quality-4-Port-Micro-USB-Power-Charging-OTG-Hub-Cable-Connector-Spliter-for-Android.jpg

Appears to work perfectly.  will do more testing.  I also ordered a USB Vollmer and ammeter with an oled screen to keep track of the charging rate.

Have you had the WiFi drives crash?  its happened to me a couple of times where no network devices are available. A reboot always fixes it.  but wow I love this tablet. Its soooooo nice to use. And that charging hub which arrived today has made it a whole heap more useful!!!

Sam Parr
    Participant

Hey guys,

Just wanted to have my say, International Version here, have had it 6 days now and used it non-stop (when it isn’t crashing).

Straight from the beginning I’ve been having the display driver crash and the tablet not waking from being locked. I’ve made sure everything is up to date, including the Intel Driver, but no such luck.

I updated to the latest Insider Preview last night in hopes that it might help cure these issues, but nope, if anything it is worse, I had a blue screen!

The Heat too is annoying, you can tell after 5-10 minutes of gaming that the FPS drops quite badly, I want to do the thermal mod, but don’t want to risk voiding any warranty taking the thing apart as I have been considering sending it back.

Cheers,

Sam

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar