K9C3 Teclast X98 Pro

K9C3 Teclast X98 Pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum K9C3 Teclast X98 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Its just one of the really cheap ones,

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1xPQnHFXXXXX.XVXXq6xXFXXXL/1pc-High-Quality-4-Port-Micro-USB-Power-Charging-OTG-Hub-Cable-Connector-Spliter-for-Android.jpg

Appears to work perfectly. will do more testing. I also ordered a USB Vollmer and ammeter with an oled screen to keep track of the charging rate.

Have you had the WiFi drives crash? its happened to me a couple of times where no network devices are available. A reboot always fixes it. but wow I love this tablet. Its soooooo nice to use. And that charging hub which arrived today has made it a whole heap more useful!!!

Oh those ones, but hang on they don’t offer charging and OTA at the same time do they? I’m sure someone will make one for the X98 Pro soon.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

rich t
    Participant

Its just one of the really cheap ones, http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1xPQnHFXXXXX.XVXXq6xXFXXXL/1pc-High-Quality-4-Port-Micro-USB-Power-Charging-OTG-Hub-Cable-Connector-Spliter-for-Android.jpg Appears to work perfectly. will do more testing. I also ordered a USB Vollmer and ammeter with an oled screen to keep track of the charging rate. Have you had the WiFi drives crash? its happened to me a couple of times where no network devices are available. A reboot always fixes it. but wow I love this tablet. Its soooooo nice to use. And that charging hub which arrived today has made it a whole heap more useful!!!

Oh those ones, but hang on they don’t offer charging and OTA at the same time do they? I’m sure someone will make one for the X98 Pro soon.

Strange, I haven’t had one crash in 2 weeks. Sure it gets hot, but that’s my only complaint with the tab. Wondering what’s up with the display crashes some are having??

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not sure, no crashes here either. Mines running great after the mod I did.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Ilya
    Participant

Got mine few days ago. Mic problem persists. All other things seems to work well, but there’s big problem with Firefox. Whenever I launch it my CPU boosts to 2.2GHz and won’t go down even afterI close Firefox. Only reboot helps.

Got OTG same as picrured. Seems that it offers OTG with charging, bute mine won’t charge at all. Battery says it charging, but still discharging even in sleep with no devices in hub.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@hrodriger Try reinstalling the sound drivers, the mic was bad on my first model. But good on the Int’l version. In regards to the CPU clocks, something isn’t right, which is why I think that maybe all that’s required is a simple bios update to fix the clocks and heat issue. I know the Core M’s only allow 28 seconds of top boost, then clock down to stop overheating. But my X98 Pro can hold 2.24 on all four cores for hours, which of course is causing the overheating.

Teclast have stating they are working on a bios update. Maybe the next release will have the fix.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Dirkblaster
    Participant

Tried out the DFX audio enhancer, it works but has some of the worst nagware I’ve seen in ages. Every single button or slider prompts you to buy the full version. Found Viper4Windows but had to use this guide for Win10:

http://eazydb.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/vipers-audio-for-windows-81.html

Volume has been boosted dramatically!

Only con so far, the volume buttons no longer drive the volume, I have to use the software sliders for the speakers.

William
    Participant

The one I have works fine.  its one of the cheapest ones on eBay.  will charge at 9 watts when plugged into the power supply.  or 2.5 if plugged into a USB port, which means that it wont actually charge, just expend the life.

It needs to be plugged in while no USB devices are attached, preferably with a USB ammeter as well, as sometimes I’ve had to unplug and pug it back in to get the faster charging speeds. but k can reliably get 9w of charging, with the ability to use 3 USB ports at the same time.  which is fantastic.  I’ve been testing it out for a couple of days and it works really well.   even had a usb3 USB plugged in at the same time as a wireless keyboard and mouse, and the tablet still charges at a decent rate. It actually pulls more power from the USB charger as you add more USB devices.

Dfx audio enhancer works wonders, improves the sound quality by 100%. There is also a setting in the speakers properties, which is an Intel enchantment, that degrades the quality quite a bit I have found. So I disabled that as well.  there speakers don’t appear to start clipping or distorting even at these higher volumes….. so I’m not sure why they have been limited sooo much.

JAMALX
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    This week, I knew Teclast has a new X98 PRO international version different to the sold one from China. They closed a new International version for EU specially. So, it looks like, they will have 2 international versions. They will launch the new one on Sept 27Th and this new version has not Chinese apks, it has new apks, several new free accesories what I do not know yet, European warranty,…. I work in a media in EU and we received it. They will sell from Spain to EU (www.teclast.es) as I can see on http://www.teclast.com. Upon my point of view, this step from Teclast is very, very interesting for EU people. I will pay attention to teclast.es in order to see the new presale.

kuko61
    Participant

They will sell from Spain to EU (www.teclast.es)

They will be sell really to the whole Europe? But their website is only in Spanish and preorder form is not adapted for other countries – missing the possibility to write country and must be entered DNI/NIF :-/

kuko61
    Participant

Answer from teclast.es facebook site:

Thanks for your question. Actually, like the first step, we are focused in Spain and Portugal. Later, as you say, we will adapt our site for the rest of EU countries in a shor time.

TuBBe
    Participant

Any firefox users here? Does your on-screen keyboard pop out at all while using firefox, tablet mode or normal? I have enabled the options in W10, and it works in windows screens and such, but pretty much nowhere else. It really takes alot away from using tablet without keyboard when the only keyboard doesnt even work properly!

Firefox is also terribly laggy, the integrated adobe reader is total shit, and i get really envious of my fellow students when they have really fast and snappy Windows RT tablets or something, and my Cherry trail cant even view .pdf properly. Twitch is out of the question, FPS rarely hits 20. Edge works fine, but i can hardly do the transition when i have many other PC’s running firefox…

Chris G
    Keymaster

Chrome is about the same, total crap. It’s a Windows 10 issue I think. Chrome loads the CPU at 100% streaming 4K, but Edge does it with about 40% cpu load. Is it MS’s way to force us to use Edge?

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Milosz
    Participant

On Windows 10 good browser no exists ….. fluently  scroll only on edge but still this browser had a lot of issues …my can’t  play wideo correctly (visible digitaizer line)…. very often when scroll pages going to different link… not responsible for touch ….same with virtual keyboard  U typing and keyboard disappear and loading  some website (example  link under keyboard layout) basically  touch is crape compare to android and specially IOS ….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

@wiskas I don’t have those lines, but it looks like a flash or display driver issue. If it was hardware it wouldn’t show in the screen dump.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Milosz
    Participant

flash player is integrated with Microsoft  edge …is “on” rest of browser play video fine… I had this before driver update and after….I did manual Intel driver update because intel tool “failure” update…. since 2 days I haven’t see driver crushes.. …hope  to stay like that

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar