Keyboard damage: anybody dismantled EZBP?

Keyboard damage: anybody dismantled EZBP?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Keyboard damage: anybody dismantled EZBP?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Participant

I stupidly spilt beer over my V3 and now the entire “qwerty” row on the keyboard dosnt work.. I have done my best to clean and dry it out over the last 3 days but its still not working.

I had already ordered a v4 before the accident, but that is still looking like a month for delivery.

So… I’m contemplating dismantling the whole unit to try and clean it (keyboard and ribbon connectors, prob with distilled water). Has anybody done a “tear down”of the unit? Any youtube guides? I havent even taken the back off yet, but from the pics on this site it looks quite sparse inside. I’m assuming the keyboard part can be separated from the main board?

Thanks in advance

sportnok
    Participant

Bit of a deafening silence, looks like you’re the guinea pig!!!

Sx C
    Participant

Does the non working keys sometimes type letters by itself?

For one you can just pry out the keys and see if there are any oxidation, just search for cleaning scissors keys on youtube.

Dan
    Participant

The fact that its a whole row somehow implies that it might be more likely to be a ribbon or some other connector, so not sure cleaning individual keys will work.

Its going to be in use (with a wired keyboard!) by someone else forĀ  a few days, will update on progress when I get on to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password