Keyboard not working anymore on BIOS after OS Type change in Chipset setup (v4)

Keyboard not working anymore on BIOS after OS Type change in Chipset setup (v4)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Keyboard not working anymore on BIOS after OS Type change in Chipset setup (v4)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marioXD
    Participant

Hi,

after install linux as second OS on my Jumper EzBook 3 PRO (v4), i’ve switched OS TYPE in CHIPSET SETTINGS to LINUX and after reboot grub start working, but i don’t have access to BIOS anymore and boot screen is dimmed out (minimum brightness).

I can’t enter setup by pressing esc or del. Keyboard not working during boot and also in GRUB. I have access to linux and i’ve tried to reboot to BIOS by command :
    systemctl reboot --firmware-setup and it works, bu still i can’t use keyboard and reset BIOS settings 🙁

Any idea how to deal with it ?

I’m thinking to clear NVRAM by dd, but i’m not what will happened ?

modprobe nvram
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/nvram

maybe someone tried this method before ?

Garga Mel
    Participant

Same issue here. Plug a USB keyboard and you’ll gain control of the bios again. I think this Bios is crippled on this setting.</p>
    I’m actually thinking of doing this to install manjaro and Refind and switch back to regular “Windows” bios setting. It is the only way I managed to get a Manjaro USB stick to boot.

Edit : I confirm this works. I installed manjaro and switched the setting back in the Bios.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar