Laggy Performance – Downgrade to 8.1?

Laggy Performance – Downgrade to 8.1?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Laggy Performance – Downgrade to 8.1?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    COASTER19
    Participant

It’s the last bit of that link. The website won’t work for me on my computers now so I’m using my phone data. Uploading screenshot of what I’m getting.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I downloaded last night, no problem. The link still looks good now.

Thanks again for the files, I had a quick look and the drivers on my plus after the November windows update TH2, seem to be the same as these.

Max

David
    Participant

Hi, in a Spanish forum we have discovered how to solve the “lag” without reducing battery life.

In power options, change advanced settings, and the Intel Platform and Dynamic Thermal Setting Framework chage the values to 5 level.

Janx
    Participant

Thanks for the tip David, did you guys do any readings to see what CPU temp went to when Dynamic Thermal Setting Framework was set at 5?

Peter
    Participant

David, under Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal framework setting you have three sub tree options – do i need to change settings only for Power limit or also for Acoustics limit. Thnx by the way.

Janx
    Participant

David, under Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal framework setting you have three sub tree options – do i need to change settings only for Power limit or also for Acoustics limit. Thnx by the way.

Hey Peter,

The acoustic limit is for the fan speed (higher level, higher allowed fan speed, higher noise). So not relevant to the 98 plus.

cheers

(edit) I should note that I edited my Thermal Framework Settings (power to 5) and chrome/firefox lag seems to have almost disappeared.

TAEL
    Participant

Hey Peter, The acoustic limit is for the fan speed (higher level, higher allowed fan speed, higher noise). So not relevant to the 98 plus. cheers (edit) I should note that I edited my Thermal Framework Settings (power to 5) and chrome/firefox lag seems to have almost disappeared.

Does it have any effects on battery life? or on stability and maybe throttling?

Peter
    Participant

Thnx Janx for info and clarification. That is why i love this forum – no matter how “stupid” question it may be you always get turned into right direction. Thnx guys!

Janx
    Participant

Hey Peter, The acoustic limit is for the fan speed (higher level, higher allowed fan speed, higher noise). So not relevant to the 98 plus. cheers (edit) I should note that I edited my Thermal Framework Settings (power to 5) and chrome/firefox lag seems to have almost disappeared.

Does it have any effects on battery life? or on stability and maybe throttling?

Not that I noticed, however I assumed it would have to decrease battery life somewhat. The setting allows for higher core voltage and higher operating clock rate… theoretically.

COASTER19
    Participant

I’m pretty sure changing it to level 5 helped performance a little for me.  Some things do feel faster now, although the animations still aren’t super smooth.  It hasn’t gotten significantly warmer since changing it.  I do feel like battery life has decreased a little, but I haven’t done any formal tests.

Binary Jay
    Participant

8.1 isn’t going to perform any differently than 10, they are basically the same OS.

You can’t expect a lot out of the Z8300… I think the performance is more than adequate for a tablet of this price.  Of course it sucks in comparison to my i7-5500 Spectre X360 but the devices are in totally different leagues altogether.   For doing tabletey tasks I think it does just fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar