lap-tablets vs desk-tablets (Chris this needs your input)

lap-tablets vs desk-tablets (Chris this needs your input)

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion lap-tablets vs desk-tablets (Chris this needs your input)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

as a lap laptop user I am shopping now for a lap tablet.
    what is the difference you might ask?
    the kickstand  tablets are good for the table / desk but not usable for the lap so I coined them desk-tablets, like the old desktop computers.
    a lap-tablet has a sturdy mounted adjustable and detachable keyboard with touchpad like the Chuwi Hi12 or Hi13
    the keyboard is the only support the tablet has.

I am looking for a modern (no atom) windows lap-tablet with a larger than 13″ screen and if possible 3:2 ratio.
    Is there really only the dated hi13 and nothing else on the market?
    It does not even needs to have a detachable keyboard but should have all the warm parts in the screen (like a tablet)

right now there is none of the 4 official sellers carrying the hi13 anymore. So is there a new model coming or just the phasing out of this model?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chris G
    Keymaster

Really only the Hi13 now, but also the Cube Thinker. Yes, but it’s a touch laptop which is not what you’re after. I know what you mean about being able to use them on your lap. I sat in a chair to use my Surface Pro 4 on my lap, things were fine then suddenly it fell out of the type-cover keyboard that I was holding and fell straight on the ground. Lucky for me I was over some carpet.

I’m still waiting for the new Core M3-8100Y and that 13/5″ Surface book screen fully laminated in a nice body with a hard style keyboard. But nothing yet. I’m hoping they will return, maybe in 2018. But since tablet sales are down and cheap laptops up I’m not sure we will see a Hi13 refresh.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chupa
    Participant

thanks, I feared you were saying that.
    If you know of a source where I still could get one, it would be appreciated.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chris G
    Keymaster

Banggood don’t have it in stock?

Edit: restocking will have stock soon. But they have the keyboard.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chupa
    Participant

no they are of the market from all 4 official resellers

even the manufacturer deleted the hi13 from the website

Need Help?

airbites
    Participant

Because it will be Core M3 8 generation and AMD mobile. I have a laptop with Intel Pentrium and I will say that it is worse than Intel Atom X5 or X7 because they are weak in games. And the Intel Core 3M is better. He advises better than intel i3 in naïve tests.

Chupa
    Participant

and this has to do with my question what?

Need Help?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar