Lapbook Pro Charger

Lapbook Pro Charger

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Lapbook Pro Charger

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jorge Aparicio
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck finding another charger that is compatible with the lapbook pro. I have tried a couple such as this one from dell https://www.amazon.com/Dell-HA30NM150-DA30NM150-Adapter-Original/dp/B01FI8J71Q/ref=sr_1_3?crid=35GY9JH7AM7G1&keywords=12v+2a+usb+c+charger&qid=1559000499&s=gateway&sprefix=12v+2a+usb+%2Caps%2C205&sr=8-3 

It’s supposed to support 12v 2a output but it didn’t do a thing when I plugged it in. I haven’t been able to find a usb c charger that only outputs 12v 2a either. I’m getting worried I may have a brick if my current charger stops working for any reason.

Sx C
    Participant

the charger you have bought is a PD smart charger and the lapbook pro will not be able to establish a ‘handshake’ and request for the required 12v.

what you need is a 12v dumb charger and a adapter like this.

afterwards just use any type-a to type-c cable and it will work. if you want to play it safe can use a usb tester just to be absolutely sure that the output is 12v.

Jorge Aparicio
    Participant

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/8hRcouu

I ordered this charger from Ali Express I’m going to give it a try. I’m hoping it’s a dumb charger like you stated since there is no mention of PD. If it does work I will update this thread. If not I’ll look more into your solution. Thanks Sx C

Chelis
    Participant

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/8hRcouu

Hello Jorge, did you get the charger? Does it work?

xiaomei
    Participant

You can try searching for the model you need on AliExpress.

Jorge Aparicio
    Participant

Hi sorry for the delay I didnt have access to the machine for a couple of months. The charger did work though!

Justinkeyback
    Participant

I hope anyone is kind enough to let me know if I could possibly charge my Lapbook Plus with a powerbank over usb-A port? I have battery’s left from a broken tablet and a laptop and like to connect them. But there is no use if the lapbook can’t be charged with such a contraption.

Many thanks!

Hilus
    Participant

I’ve tried several usb-c chargers. And sadly, no, it doesn’t work. You can only use the charger supplied with the laptop.

Justinkeyback
    Participant

Thanks Hilus, in the mean time I have found out that that is the purpose or advantage of the new usb-c type, didn’t know that before. Just the same, thanks for your reply.

Have a good one!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password