Lapbook SE – how to remove the touchpad

Lapbook SE – how to remove the touchpad

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Lapbook SE – how to remove the touchpad

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hoang
    Participant

Hi everybody,

It’s my mistake, I spilled the coffee on my lapbook SE while using it, and the coffee (hot, densed, with milk) now end up in the inner space below the touchpad. Now I can not click anymore, just gesture on the surface of touchpad.

Is it possible to open the touchpad to clean it up? Anybody know how, please advise me ­čÖü

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

HI, that’s not good!

Okay, you can remove all the screws on the bottom. Two hidden under the rubber feet at the back. Then remove the rear metal lid. See my unboxing video.

Unplug the battery and remove it, the touchpad is behind it. Use a contact cleaner spray to clean it up with paper towels. There is a video here in fact two of them that might help. The unboxing video shows the internals and the heatsink mod video where to unplug the battery. This might reset the bios. But best to do it anyway to stop shorts as the touchpad could be the last of your worries if you short something.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

Hoang
    Participant

I openned the laptop and removed the battery, it seems we can not reach the touchpad without breaking the lapbook into pieces.

I gave up, damn it’s very fine laptop.

Chupa
    Participant

you could try to rinse the pad with cleaning alcohol but if it is just the clicks…

• you can use just one and 2 finger taps
    • you can reassign an unused or seldom used key via AutoHotkey┬á to use as a physical mouse button (use shift for right click)

I always do this when the track pad buttons no longer work properly since several years.

I even have done that with my Jumper just to have a more precise click without mouse movement.
    It looks something like this:

; this is for a american apple style keyboard with spanish  keyboard stickers
    #InstallMouseHook
    ; maps the key next to the 1 as the left mouse button, with shift it is the right mouse button
    ; with a normal Spanish keyboard I use the < and > keys
    ┬║::LButton
    ª::RButton
    ^┬║::Send ┬║

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password