MiPad 2 Windows volume issue

MiPad 2 Windows volume issue

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series MiPad 2 Windows volume issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Garry Westwell
    Participant

Hi All, I just had the MiPad 2 Windows 10 version a couple of days now and overall the device is amazing in every way, beautiful crisp clear display, excellent build, runs nice and smoothly and just a joy to use…. Eat your heart out iPad Mini!!!

My only issue at the moment is with the volume.

I have noriced while watching YouTube for example, or listening to music with Groove Music that the volume keeps going up and down and I can’t figure out a way to resolve this.

Anyone any ideas?

ReyMatt
    Participant

Seems like there’s nobody else that has the Mi Pad 2 in hand. Where did you buy yours? I ordered mine early December at Everbuying, it’s still “processing” now their preselling period is up to the end of March. I’m thinking of cancelling it and order from Geekbuying instead.

Does the Mi Pad 2 Windows tablet have  Start button in the bezel?

Garry Westwell
    Participant

Hi there, seems that way doesn’t it?  I looked at all the usual sites and they were all on pre order so took the plunge and ordered off this eBay guy from China.  Anyway, I got the item in 3 days by DHL and he even lowered the price on the invoice so I paid hardly any customs tax which was great.  I got the MiPad 2 that is a kind of dark silver and honestly I have not seem a tablet device that looks as premium and smart as this does.  It looks amazing, the build quality TOP notice and the display amazing.  Yes it does have a start button on the bezel, it’s a capitative one and is build into the software so only shows up when you put your finer on the display….

I can’t stop using it it is that good 🙂

Orlando Bloom
    Participant

Can you comment on the thermals? That’s my biggest concern.

Aldo
    Participant

Mind sharing the seller? How’s the battery life?

Thanks!

Garry Westwell
    Participant

Battery life is ok, I think you just need to remember that it is powering a lot of pixels in that display but I have no concerns.  There’s no heat issues that I have noticed.  But, I have learned, do not let the battery drain all the way down and when you use the device for the first time charge it up for an hour.  This device seriously does not like having a low battery level.

Below is the link to the seller that I used.  Great seller, got the item shipped by DHL in three days:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windows-10-Xiaomi-MiPad2-Mi-Pad-2-64GB-Intel-Atom-X5-Z8500-metal-OTG-7-9-/272117223545?hash=item3f5b735079:g:-x4AAOSwxN5WVJn3

Matt
    Participant

Hi Garry thanks for posting hope you get the volume sorted out.

I don’t suppose you’ve tried game streaming with this at all either from an xbox or steam?

Also what sort of battery life are you getting just streaming vids/browsing?

I’d happily buy from the ebay seller you listed (I’m in UK too) but £250 inc. postage + any tax/vat seems quite a bit so think I’ll wait.

Thanks for your help 🙂

-Matt

Matt
    Participant

Gary,

P.S sorry I forgot to ask but how much customs tax did it cost you presuming you are in the UK?

-Matt

Garry Westwell
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I don’t really do any sort of gaming so no idea on that one sorry.

Regarding general video streaming, browsing the battery is not too bad, I probably charge it up every other day and I do use it quite a lot.  One thing I did notice though, never let the battery completely drain as it does not like that at all.  I had problems getting it to boot up until I had fully charged it up.

I think that guy from eBay was selling at £240 including DHL shipping unless he increased the price.  He also put a lower sale price on the invoice so I only paid £16 custom tax

ReyMatt
    Participant

I just got my own Windows Mi Pad 2 from a local seller. There’s no problem with the volume playing YouTube videos.  My main issue is that TouchMe Gesture Studios does not work on it. It’s a great app for simplifying things with my own custom touch screen gestures that makes the user interface much better than any IOS or Android tablet.

Another pet peeve is that they didn’t change the apearance of the bezel button to something similar to the Windows Start icon.  But that is just a minor cosmetic thing…

ReyMatt
    Participant

I bought a USB-C to HDMI/USB/Charger adapter from Aliexpress.  I could read flash drives with it but not while charging the battery at the same time.

Garry Westwell
    Participant

That sounds handy do you have a link to it?

Where are you based?

I tried using the USB – USB C charger that I have with my MacBook but that doesn’t work at all 🙁

ReyMatt
    Participant

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CY-Chenyang-Silver-USB-C-USB-3-1-Type-C-to-HDMI-Digital-AV-USB-OTG/32465258315.html

HDMI doesn’t work also.

I’m in the Philippines. Some guy imports Mi Pad 2 from China and sells it online here

ReyMatt
    Participant

BTW, I only have 57gb of total storage space, less than 50gb initially. Even looking at all the partitions on the Disk Management tool, it still is less than 60gb total capacity

Garry Westwell
    Participant

That’s not good, and you checked for any hidden partitions?  TBH, I haven’t checked mine but I know after installing all the Apps that I use I have around 39GB left so maybe you got a device with a dodgy storage drive….I would email your seller and see what they say and I will look at mine tonight…  I am just also about the order the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, have you seen them, beautiful phones 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar