missing CE certificate – life long EU customs risk, a pretty expensive one

missing CE certificate – life long EU customs risk, a pretty expensive one

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series missing CE certificate – life long EU customs risk, a pretty expensive one

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wolf
    Participant

The EZ Book 3 Pro has no CE certificate and that would mean that no european customs is allowed to let it cross european borders.

If you are lucky and get your EZ Book 3 Pro by post be aware to avoid travelling with the 3 Pro by plane in your luggage / backpack.

If you get into a customs control at any european union airport the customs is allowed to take it away and to destroy it cause it does not have CE certification and you won’t be able to deliver proper CE certificates.

Just keep in mind this risk before departure cause you can avoid any huge surprise at arrival by simply not flying with an EZ Book 3 Pro in your backpack. In a german customs control your device will be taken away and destroyed – of cause on your cost.

At least my last 2 V3 and V4 had no CE on the box, laptop and power adapter and no CE certificate paper.

I had the trouble with another product missing all the CE stuff, a drone. At the end you will loose it and you’ll have to pay for it – no paypal insurance will compensate that loss cause you have to make sure before ordering that the item is allowed to import and use inside the EU. You won’t even be a ble to make a data copy or take a micro sd out of the slot.

I can tell you that the frustration and stress level gets really high if you realize that your bucks/€, pounds and files are gone – forever.

Good luck - WOLF

Akx
    Participant

ort the customs is allowed to take it away and to destroy it cause it does not have CE certification and you won’t be able to deliver proper CE certificates.

I really doubt this, surely there are millions of tablets, phones and what not from china used by EU travellers that go through in and out of Airports every day? anyway CE certification is usually found on batteries, and i am sure there wont be many tablets / phones opened up. One option is to ensure that you buy an EU charger with CE certification. So less red flags.

The product does have the following certificates as per this website . Certification: CE, FCC, RoHS

But would still wait for Chris / other users to comment.

This would be a shame as i brought this laptop predominantly to carry it as a portable laptop.

Wolf
    Participant

akx: there are these regulations inside the EU for all eu countries.

If the EU regulations wouldn’t apply to all countries we would not have a EU. If you have doubts call your local customs and ask what happens to items With no CE vor search the national tax web site. Here is the regulation in german

http://www.zoll.de/DE/Fachthemen/Verbote-Beschraenkungen/Schutz-der-menschlichen-Gesundheit/Produktsicherheit/marginalspalte_faq.html?nn=100394

the last paragraph describes that you can only get an item which fullfills the EU product safety policies according to the CE policies

“Die Überlassung von eingeführten Waren zum zollrechtlich freien Verkehr ist nur zulässig, wenn …”

Therefore each item / component I had mentioned above needs its own CE: laptop, charger, box and certificate paper inside in national language, so a german one.
    If you have nothing your device has to be destroyed. If you get into a german customs control be prepared to say goodbye as I had to say while loosing a 450€ drone.

And they check it very carefully before they take it away and ask for the destroying fee cause if the customs makes a mistake you would have to get a full cash compensation. You will see that they try to avoid mistakes cause the checking procedure took about 90 minutes.

These is no doubt that this item is not allowed to use inside the EU and not to sell cause it fullfills not the mandatory regulation.
    Would I have taken my Drone with me if I had known these CE risks?

No, of cause not. It is your property you will be loosing so do not complain later.

Good luck - WOLF

nmzs
    Participant

It certainly is a real risk, although I’d imagine a drone being a bigger one than a laptop just because taking a laptop with you is much more common.

One idea I had was using a skin, because it’s unlikely anyone would bother peeling that off just to check a harmless-looking laptop. But I couldn’t find any, which is a bummer.

Akx
    Participant

akx: there are these regulations inside the EU for all eu countries. If the EU regulations wouldn’t apply to all countries we would not have a EU. If you have doubts call your local customs and ask what happens to items With no CE vor search the national tax web site. Here is the regulation in german http://www.zoll.de/DE/Fachthemen/Verbote-Beschraenkungen/Schutz-der-menschlichen-Gesundheit/Produktsicherheit/marginalspalte_faq.html?nn=100394 the last paragraph describes that you can only get an item which fullfills the EU product safety policies according to the CE policies “Die Überlassung von eingeführten Waren zum zollrechtlich freien Verkehr ist nur zulässig, wenn …” Therefore ea<span style=”font-size: 16px;”>ch item / component I had mentioned above needs its own CE:</span> laptop, charger, box and certificate paper inside in national language, so a german one <span style=”font-size: 16px;”>If you have nothing your device has to be destroyed. If you get into a german customs control be prepared to say goodbye as I had to say loosing a 450€ drone.</span> And they check it very carefully before they take it away and ask for the destroying fee cause if the customs makes a mistake you would have to get a full cash compensation. You will see that they try to avoid mistakes cause the checking procedure took about 90 minutes. These is no doubt that this item is not allowed to use inside the EU and not to sell cause it fullfills not the mandatory regulation. Would I have taken my Drone with me if I had known these CE risks? No, of cause not. It is your property you will be loosing so do not complain later.

Feel sad about your Drone, but other than Germany is there any case of any device being confiscated in any other country? Spain, UK?

Wolf
    Participant

Well, things like regulations are very easy to understand: you follow – or loose

If you get into any customs they always try to find things where you have to pay taxes for. That is their job.
    Therefore they will check all of your items and every customs in europe should be and has to be trained to avoid any import / usage of non CE certificated items, used or new, for product safety reasons.

It is a very important point especially as a foreigner arriving in any foreign EU country.
    Do I want any discussion with a spanish custom officer in spanish or english?

No. And I am pretty sure that Chris must have some of these conversations in the past to get his items from the mail service or customs.
    That is why I remember everyone to avoid any cross border flights with non CE certificated items of value like this. The customs are not searching for an USB charger with no CE or fake CE, but for items with value. And if you have to discuss with a foreign customs officer you are most likely the one who is loosing much easier cause for a foreign customs officer it is much easier to confisciate your item which is missing the EU regulations.

The customs might sell it somewhere out of the EU where no one cares like africa. And believe me they will make more money from a Jumper V4 than their costs are and therefore they make profits and fullfill there job and have a proove for their existence, also may even reach goals they have to fullfill each quarter. So don`t expect as a foreigner that the customs of any other EU country are the nicest guy with any mercy for you if they have found something wrong. And do not forget that the laptop quality and first impression looks far better than a 200€ modell so they may assume a far higher net worth like the 400€ of a xiaomi air and that raises the likelyhood that you may loose you jumper EZB.

I lost the drone because I was not aware that it did not have a CE certificate while I left the Jumper EZBook 3 Pro V4 at home knowing that it has no CE certificate. Many chinese companies also tend to exchange their suppliers so I previously also got a different laptop with CE but the charger was changed by the manuufacturer and had no longer a CE. But a charger is easy and cheap to replace cause they only can take away the charger. Thast is not most likely cause due the far too low value of a charger compared to the expected paper work they have to do.
    No CE certificate is just something to consider before an international departure because shit happens – when you are not expecting it but it in this case you can avoid it easily by being aware and taking counter actions like using another laptop for that journey/ flight.

I will continue buying that chinese stuff but will be far more carefull what I will take with me on the plane.
    Nothing else than a serious advice due my latest experiences – otherwise have a happy and lucky preparation of conversations and negotiations with customs in foreign languages.

Good luck - WOLF

G
    Participant

Um, I’ve flown in and out of EU airports a fair few time and never had my laptop checked. They just want to know one exists in my experience.

nmzs
    Participant

Yeah, it’s fairly unlike to happen with a regular laptop compared to, say, a drone, like in OP’s case. But it’s still something one should keep in mind. It can happen, after all.

Wolf
    Participant

It is only a question of time since you will get in a custom control. This is what I am talking about, nothing else, not the normal checkin procedures.

It can only happen while entering european border and therefore and then it is a custom task to make sure that none of these NON CE items can enter the EU ! That is the law you should keep in mind otherwise you risk everything: your laptop and your data

This one is illegal at every european union customs otherwise the customs makes a mistakes or ignores the EU rules.
    If they do not check you it is only a question of time  when they will check you and then you Jumper will be gone cause it is not a question of fees or customs you had not paid when imported: the item is illegal and has to be destroyed or sold outside the EU !

This will happen regardless your complains.
    If it happens while importing you have another option: to reject acceptance

Then the item will be shipped back to China and you will get your money back – but that took for me nearly 6 month.
    And do not buy at ali express cause I had to use  the power of paypal buyer protection to get my money back … after several attempts, mails, and month without any progress. And if you are clever you do not complain when the customs send it back. Be silent and wait until you get a message from banggood or gearbest that they received the money back.

Otherwise you could sit in a trap when the reseller states that he did not get back the shipping. As long as they do not mail that the item has arrived the full risk is on you side if you do not have paid for an insurance that also covers the return to sender path.

Good luck - WOLF

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar