My solution to a stable SD card

My solution to a stable SD card

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate My solution to a stable SD card

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jim 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

link2sd

How did you create the partitions? I used Windows manager to create a 45gb exFAT primary, than used

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

to create a second 16gb ext3 primary of the last available space.

Windows partition works fine, but Android doesn’t find any sd/card says it’s blank or using unsupported file system. Not really sure why this didn’t work, it should, no?

Siu Lay
    Participant

I use mini tools.
    IIRC any ext3 part > 7G will result is android not able to read it. Not sure was it a problem with my tablet of their android in general.

Serge
    Participant

I’m using a SanDisk microSDXC Card 64GB Extreme. I’ve formated it fat32 on my personal computer (just with regular windows formatting). Inserted it in the tablet and it worked ever since (for like the past 2 months) on Android and Windows. Haven’t had any issues so far. From what I’ve read it also depends a lot on the SD card. I’ve read a lot that people have problems with 128gb cards, that’s why I only bought a 64gb. I don’t know, maybe I just got lucky.

J
    Participant

I formatted the fat32 using some free fat 32 formatter tool for Windows (as Windows own tool doesn’t let you create large fat32 partitions). I resized the partition using gparted on Linux and created ext4. Initially for some reason, Windows refused to mount the fat32 partition after this, so i had to format that partition again using the same tool

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

the slot is now dead under windows, doesn’t recognize the card anymore even if I stick it out and back in…

ShootsWithFilm
    Participant

I’m using a SanDisk microSDXC Card 64GB Extreme. I’ve formated it fat32 on my personal computer (just with regular windows formatting). Inserted it in the tablet and it worked ever since (for like the past 2 months) on Android and Windows. Haven’t had any issues so far. From what I’ve read it also depends a lot on the SD card. I’ve read a lot that people have problems with 128gb cards, that’s why I only bought a 64gb. I don’t know, maybe I just got lucky.

Hi,

What version of the iWork10 do you have?  Is it the C type?  Are you cards still working fine?

Cheers

Pedro Quaresma
    Participant

I am not sure will this works 100% but mine seems to be stable for the last 48 hrs. You need a sperate PC with some partition management tool install to get this to works.

Any recommendation of a Windows tool (free, preferably) to do this?

brainvision
    Participant

do you still have issues Siu Lay?

Jim
    Participant

I am not sure will this works 100% but mine seems to be stable for the last 48 hrs. You need a sperate PC with some partition management tool install to get this to works. 1. Any micro sd with higher than 70MB/s read and 20MB/s write will not works. I use a Patriot 128G, and it seems to be ok. 2. Create 2 partitions. 1 FAT32 and the other one ext3. Put the FAT32 at the front follow with the ext3. The ext3 can’t be larger than 7G, and Link2SD uses it in Android. All other FS means unstable sd card independent of speed. 3. Both need to be primary and make sure you assign a drive letter to the FAT32. If you don’t, it will mess up once you get into Andriod. 4. Put the card into iWork10 and power up into Windows 10, 5. Test the card in Windows for a while and make sure you don’t get any disconnect. If everything checks out then turn on the SD card write caching. Reset and make sure window still handle the card fine. 6. Boot into android and install link2sd, create a mount script to the ext3. The card should work fine after this point (at least no disconnect problem for me in the last 48 hrs+). I still would not recommend you to link any primary Android app to the SD card until you test it out for a while.

i follow all this prosedure with no luck!

Just throw 7 euros in nothing, once again one try to work with sd card does not work.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password