Need Help with Dead F6 Pro

Need Help with Dead F6 Pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Need Help with Dead F6 Pro

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  niknah 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Winston
    Participant

Went on vacation for 2 weeks and left my F6 Pro plugged in during that time . Came back today to find the F6 not powering up  at all . No charging light when AC plugged or SSD drive light .

Laptop is unresponsive to the power button, no screen light or any other light . The battery is charging since I was able to fully charge up my tablet and cellphones.

I completely discharged the battery,  plugged the AC power and again, no SSD no AC lights and no signs of life from the screen .

Any ideas on how to get the laptop going again would be appreciated. I bought the laptop from Gearbest 18 months ago, so it’s out of warranty .

Winston
    Participant

**UPDATE****

It seems the laptop is completely dead! I disconnected the battery and plugged in the AC directly and nothing!! No LED status lights, screen did not wake-up, no boot up, NADA!!!!

I’m pissed and concerned at the same time, considering that I have an X6 pro as well and wondering if it will suffer the same fate after 18months!!

I contacted Gearbest support/customer service, but I don’t expect them to do much . They are asking me to send them pictures to diagnose the problem!! Pictures of a dead laptop that doesn’t power up to help diagnose a hardware issue left me dumbfounded !!!

Tim
    Participant

Hey, I have had the exact same problem with this machine this week, it’s less than 6 months old and is actually a replacement model that I received due to the first one I bought having the faulty battery levels that others on this forum have reported.

I left it overnight switched off and charging to find it completely dead the following morning.

I followed the rather nonsensical instructions from Gearbest of sending a video of it not turning on, and they have offered me a partial refund of 120USD (I’m not happy considering I paid over 300 for it and it’s had pretty glaring technical issues). PayPal aren’t interested in helping either due to the amount of time that’s elapsed since I bought it.

Are you going to try and repair it or cut your losses? It looks like there’s batteries out there that could work as a replacement (if it’s the battery that’s causing this issue..?)

xiangqin
    Participant

The computer should still be fine. You can try to replace the power supply. There may be a problem with the battery. This is the best advice I can give. Hope it helps you

xiangqin
    Participant

You can do it at aliexpress, eBay.   Search: F6 Pro Battery

Then there will be something you want

Winston
    Participant

I’m not sure whether it’s the battery or power supply .As mentioned in my original post, when the laptop first went dead, there was enough juice to charge my tablet, than my phone, which leads me to believe battery is good! Never had an issue with battery not fully charging or discharging abnormally. So I’m assuming the battery is not the cause . The power supply could be the culprit, so now got to research to find out how to change it this laptop .

Tim
    Participant

I’ve tried multiple chargers (USB-C and DC ones) it’s definitely not a faulty power supply in my case, possibly a dud battery.

How did you get on Winston?

felince
    Participant

What’s the fault rate of this computer?

Last year I bought one only to start failing after six months of use, charging problems, ssd not being recognized etc. Returned it for a free repair and they say they couldn’t repair it. Did they return it to me? of course not, because they “lost it”. Super angry I asked for a full refund because regardless it was my laptop and they lost it. After fighting for about two weeks they agreed to send me a new one for 100 USD, which I reluctantly accepted. Three months later the new laptop failed as well, it won’t charge with USB type C and it will take me some days to be able to use the charger that came with the laptop since I didn’t bring it with me.

I am afraid that even with that cable it will not power on, so already thinking what to say to these people of Gearbest.

What a headache.

xiangqin
    Participant

These problems may really be the flaws of this laptop itself. Therefore, we should promptly discover these issues. Avoid repeating these problems. Sure enough, there is a saying that the price determines the quality.

niknah
    Participant

I’ve had this laptop for 7 months. Here’re the faults so far…
    * The keyboard tilde ~ key repeats itself non-stop some times, randomly.
    * HDMI plug stopped working today. Nothing’s wrong with the cable, it works with my camera.

Same problems in both linux and windows so it’s not a software problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password