New drivers for v919 core M 28/01/2016

New drivers for v919 core M 28/01/2016

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums v919 3G Core M Discussion New drivers for v919 core M 28/01/2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Glatt
    Participant

Hi guy,

i just see there are several updates ( release date 28/01/2016) for this tablet on the official onda web site (driver, win10 image, android5 image). Have anyone tried them? They may fix al the problems.

best regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

I hope they do, pity as I didn’t stick around to see if they did fix all the issues. Mine had so many problems…

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Glatt
    Participant

Hi Chris,

thanks for the answer. Anyway if someone wants to try I have the new drivers pack. Please let me know.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@francescozanghetta Could you please upload them to google drive or mega.co.nz and I can mirror them here.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Glatt
    Participant

Hi @chris,

here we are;)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByCYIozjsUzray1ab2xDdDlyQzg

To everyone will use them: please let me know if they fix some issues because I am really interested in buying this tablet.

Glatt
    Participant

@mrdasher could you please give them a try if you have spare time? With your experience that could be great

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mrdasher could you please give them a try if you have spare time? With your experience that could be great

Hey Glatt,

Those drivers have been out for a while.  I  based my modified Android install on V13 which I released in December.

If you don’t want to install my rooted version of Android and want to keep your Android setup as is than you have to use the OTA V13.

Those Window drivers are the same drivers that were released last Summer. I find with Windows drivers that you don’t have to keep up with the latest drivers because Windows update will do that for you.

D

Anonymous
    Inactive

@francescozanghetta Could you please upload them to google drive or mega.co.nz and I can mirror them here.

Hey Chris,

Feel free to add the Android V13 I modified (root, Google Services, debloated) to the TechTablets down load section.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/firmware-v919-core-m-v13-debloated-root-google-services/

After the initial hiccups (we both had) with this tablet I am loving it. So much so  I currently own two.  It’s the fastest 9.7 available.

If there is one thing that I have learnt from my experiences with Chinese tablets is to never buy the first release. V1 of this Core M was a pain to get working but the next one I bought (v3) was perfect out of the box.

D

Glatt
    Participant

@mrdasher

so finally is it worth to buy? I am very interested in it but I have some doubts because of many issues. Could you please tell me from which supplier you bought v3?

many thanks

Glatt
    Participant

@mrdasher waiting for your precious advices;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Glatt,

That’s a really tough question. I am not sure if you have read this forum post but have a look. It will tell you the pro’s and con’s of this tablet.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/plan-to-buy-a-onda-v919-core-m/

As much as I love my V919 Core M I have a problem recommending any Chinese tablet. This is based on the fact that it doesn’t matter how thoroughly you research a tablet you can still receive a dud then service becomes a real pain in the ass.  This goes for all Chinese tablets.

If you just want to surf the Web and answer emails, etc then this tabet is cover kill. But if you don’t mind the chances you taken when you buy a tablet directly from China ( quality issues, unlicensed Windows, etc. ) and the higher price then this tablet is just as good as any other 9.7″ tablet …. just faster.    :0) Just remember to get a version 3 or above and you will definitely need to purchase a tempered screen protector from Aliexpress.

But…. unless you are in a huge rush ….. I would hold off buying any tablet. You might be able to purchase a newer version  Core M for the same price or get this Core M cheaper.

D

Glatt
    Participant

Hi @mrdasher,

I saw your answer just now. Finally I bought it and after a deep cleaning of all chinese sfuff I must say it is working like a charm. Your android rom is working well, I need just to fix the market compatibility issue via editing build.pro and I will do in the week end. I will report back later. I also found the switcher app so now everything is great. I think this tablet need another chance.

Many thanks for your advice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad you like your tablet. I am still loving mine. I put a 256g ssd in one of mine and use it as my desktop replacement.  Did you get the tempered screen protector I suggested?

Take care,

D

Glatt
    Participant

Hi @mrdasher,

I love it very much. I am trying to fix all the small problem which I have with it. this morning I fixed screen rotation problem after windows update of accelerometer driver.

Could you please give me a link where to buy the tempered screen protector?

Also I am interested in buy a new ssd, could you give some advice (where to buy, how to install)?

Many thanks for your help 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Here is were I got my tempered glass screen protector.  It’s Aliexpress so you always take a chance but I have ordered a number of screen protectors and haven’t had a problem.   The fit of the glass is tight so take your time applying.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-For-Onda-V989-Air-Octa-V919-3G-V975S-Tablet/32301589585.html

In regards to SSD, I went for  cheap not fast.  I think the chinese company is called Forsee (?).  You need an M.2 version. Installation is easy because the tablet back is easy to take off. Of course you still need to be gentle.

D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password