New X98 Plus System Installation Files (Dec 15/2015)

New X98 Plus System Installation Files (Dec 15/2015)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion New X98 Plus System Installation Files (Dec 15/2015)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just scanning the Teclast bbs and I see that they have posted two new system installation folders for the X98 Plus.

One is a Win 10 Multi-language for model A5C6 (the one I have)
    The second folder is a Win 10 Single-language for model A5C7. Not sure but my guess would be Chinese only?? for the domestic market??

I have an account on the bbs and downloaded the install PDF for my model but the larger files require you install a Chinese download manager exe. I will set up an old desktop I have and rarely use to set up my Teclast info translation, file downloads etc. on in the next few days.

I would like to get a peek at the new firmware to see if Teclast has tweaked any of the device specific drivers for wifi, BT, SD cards, touch, etc.

I will update in a few days after I set up my Teclast Chinese translation station desktop…lol.

Here is a link to the new firmwares:

http://bbs.teclast.com/thread-525670-1-1.html

I have attached the PDF and the translated text.

Max

Peter
    Participant

Nice.Thnx for the update.

Janx
    Participant

So any performance improvements when using this firmware?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t had time to set up the computer for it. It is in a cold room…lol. I might go at it tonight and post back after I compare driver versions to what my tablet is running now.

Max

Janx
    Participant

I tried to grab the files from baidu, but couldn’t figure anything out =(

Keep us posted and thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t download the download manager, it hangs after a few hundred kb. You are basically opening up your computer by running that exe anyway, the temp file has full system access! That’s why I am on a computer now that has a fresh install and no personal info or passwords on it. Maybe someone who has an account can download it for us and upload to google drive??

I will try again tomorrow, but it just looks like it is a system image with the November update and the new Intel drivers. I was hoping there might be some new device drivers. Someone on the Teclast bbs might upload just the drivers sometime in the future, they do that sometimes it seems.

Cheers and Merry Christmas all!

Max

Hualalai
    Participant
    Janx
    Participant

The freezing rain kept me indoors today, so I decided to download these files. (Hint: you can use this chrome addon Baidu Exporter along with aria2 to bypass the baidu downloader)

Anyways, I threw the files up on my mega account in case anyone wants to download them (i removed the chinese characters from the file names).

mega.nz link (6 gigs)

Looks like it’s a complete windows 10 build. Haven’t had the chance yet to compare it to the current build on my x98 plus.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for downloading the Image Janx. We now have a backup restore image with the November update on it.

The main “guts” of the image is in two swm files which when extracted are just hundreds of numbered files which I can’t mount. It looks to me that the only way we can see if any of the device drivers have been updated is to use this thing to do a full restore of the tablet from this image.

I have my tablet set up the way I like it now, and running smoothly, so I am going to pass on that. I am going to wait until they post the new Dual Boot Bios and matching firmware image and then I might take the plunge!

Take Care. The Plus resources are increasing!!

Max

Andrujka
    Participant

Thanks!

Is there any way to perform a “normal” windows install with those files? somehow to get the install wizard… I don’t have a powered USB hub at hand…

Tried a clean install – no go, cannot install a bunch of devices. Slipstreamed the drivers in the official Microsoft ISO and i got almost everything working(except g sensor, even with latest drivers and the reg file). Used doubledriver to restore all drivers but the performance is visible lower than with the original windows that was with the tablet, hence my question about installing from provided files…

Anonymous
    Inactive

You need the powered hub, for sure. Also another computer, usb flash drive, and a keyboard/mouse. Maybe you can beg, borrow, or steal a hub from somewhere!

Max

Andrujka
    Participant

I’ll try tomorrow with a regular HDD, via an USB enclosure.

It’s weird though that the performance it’s not the same with official MS ISO and all drivers, i doubt Teclast did any other optimizations to ISO…

Peter
    Participant

Just to make it clearer: this image is a Windows 10.0.10240. Once installed, Windows update will have to install the update to 10.0.10586

Janx, Thank you very much for uploading the image to mega.

Alex
    Participant

Hey guys,

ive got my new X98 Plus but the starting process pauses at 5% (like here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/accidentally-reset-the-windows-x98-pro-k9c6/) Can i simple flash the firmware of this thread to solve this Problem?

Greetings from Germany 🙂

Edit: It worked. After flashing this update, windows installed again and is running now 🙂

Downus
    Participant
    1. The freezing rain kept me indoors today, so I decided to download these files. (Hint: you can use this chrome addon Baidu Exporter along with aria2 to bypass the baidu downloader) Anyways, I threw the files up on my mega account in case anyone wants to download them (i removed the chinese characters from the file names). mega.nz link (6 gigs) Looks like it’s a complete windows 10 build. Haven’t had the chance yet to compare it to the current build on my x98 plus.

Janx thank you for uploading the files to mega! You just saved me and my x98 plus. I was having problems with drivers after a clean install, and the only way to solve the problem was with the Teclast system files that you provided in your mega account. Again, thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar