Onda V10 4G Android 7.0 Tablet Mini Review

Onda V10 4G Android 7.0 Tablet Mini Review

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda V10 4G Android 7.0 Tablet Mini Review

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mathias
    Participant

Thank you for the detailed directions. I appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get my tablet to update. After the “Press ‘Download’” step and connecting the powered-off tablet with the USB cable, the tablet would show the battery charging screen, and then nothing else would happen. I tried several different USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports without success. Everything up to that point was successful, so perhaps my computer setup just doesn’t work with the BeTools software correctly Oh well, the tablet seems to be running just fine as is. But thank you again for posting the instructions!

Too bad. Did you install the driver correctly?

Seems like there a new update released today 🙂 Downloading right now and going to flash later.

Mathias
    Participant

After flashing the latest update, Google Chrome now installs perfectly from Play Store and works 🙂

Terrence G F
    Participant

The driver had installed just fine.

I have an older laptop that I can try instead of my desktop PC.

Where did you find the latest update? I’m interested in getting (non-beta) Chrome working.

Mathias
    Participant

The driver had installed just fine. I have an older laptop that I can try instead of my desktop PC. Where did you find the latest update? I’m interested in getting (non-beta) Chrome working.

I experienced the same problem flashing the latest upgrade. The solution was: Removing the cable from the tablet, pressed download again and then re-connect the cable to the tablet again.

Official firmware can be found here: http://onda.cn/Tablet_Supports.aspx?id=368

Direct link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1miJurMS#list/path=%2F

You need the Chrome extension ‘baidudl’ in order to download without having a user on Baidu.

Henrik
    Participant

I have the same tablet but it didn’t work from the start. When I turned the WiFi on it went into a reboot loop.

So I tried to flash it with the firmware in this thread. First using SP flash tools and managed to brick it, maybe after incorrectly formatting it?

Then successfully flashing using BeToolS but now it doesn’t boot with the error message “uninit failed”.

I’m totally new to this so it has taken me ages to get this “far”.

Please help! Thanks.

Mathias
    Participant

I have the same tablet but it didn’t work from the start. When I turned the WiFi on it went into a reboot loop. So I tried to flash it with the firmware in this thread. First using SP flash tools and managed to brick it, maybe after incorrectly formatting it? Then successfully flashing using BeToolS but now it doesn’t boot with the error message “uninit failed”. I’m totally new to this so it has taken me ages to get this “far”. Please help! Thanks.

Did it not work after unboxing the tablet? If that was the case, you should have applied for a refund.

Terrence G F
    Participant

Thanks again for your help @mathiastt . I finally found a laptop that worked with the firmware update software. And I was able to download the latest firmware version using the link you provided. So now the tablet is upgraded, and regular Chrome works just fine.

I suspect that we won’t see any additional firmware updates after this.

Mathias
    Participant

Thanks again for your help @mathiastt . I finally found a laptop that worked with the firmware update software. And I was able to download the latest firmware version using the link you provided. So now the tablet is upgraded, and regular Chrome works just fine. I suspect that we won’t see any additional firmware updates after this.

No problem. Happy to help 🙂 TWRP 3.1.1-0 has been released at 4pda (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=834355&). I haven’t tried flashing it though, but it’s good news that we’re able to root the tablet.

Henrik
    Participant

Did it not work after unboxing the tablet? If that was the case, you should have applied for a refund.

It didnt work at first boot but did so after resetting it. But only to fail at the next boot and haven’t worked since.
    I’ve applied for a refund but my best option was to keep it and get another one sent. I’m still waiting for it but it’s on it’s way.
    I like to get the first one working. Can the new one be of any help?
    Any ideas?

Patechtab
    Participant

Hello,

I own a few tablets and, among them, this Onda V10 4G.

It is a good tablet, powerful and cheap and I updated the software following Mathias method.

After 2 tries without success, I unchecked the “quick boot” option and the upgrade went through easily.

I do not see any improvement of this V1.03 vs. the  V1.01 but the “quick boot” option disappeared in V1.03.

Too bad, I liked it very much !

I did not see also in both versions the voice input capability so no possibility to dictate a text.

Is there any new version and, if not, how can I return to V1.01 for the “quick boot” option ?

Thank you.

Uros
    Participant

Hello

I have a problem with downloading the ‘ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ19.key’. Could someone give me some direct link for this key.

Thanks.

Terrence G F
    Participant

I did not see also in both versions the voice input capability so no possibility to dictate a text.

What app are you using to dictate a text? I’m using Gboard (Google Keyboard) to do speech-to-text in any app. I also tried the Google app and it works with “Ok Google”. Note that I had to allow Google to record audio first before speech-to-text worked as expected.

I agree that Quick Boot appears to have been removed, even though using Search to find it shows it should be in Accessibility.

The main improvement for me was the ability to install regular Chrome.

Patechtab
    Participant

Hello Uros and Terrence,

Uros, you can download the last version of the firmware – which includes the  ‘ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ19.key’ at :

http://onda.cn/Tablet_Supports.aspx?id=368

be sure to take the version which correspond to your tablet.

The latest software for V7 – V8 can also be found at :

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7ssF/ZGy7GVyo4

Note that V7 and V8 seems the same except that V7 has 2GB memory and V8 3 GB

Terrence, I would like to use the possibility to dictate text within the AOSP keyboard – in mails, for example – just like for my other tablets.

What do you mean by “allow Google to record audio first before speech-to-text worked as expected” ?

Does the option will be reenacted then in the settings ?

Also, Is there a way of reinstalling the Quickboot option ?

Note that the Russian site http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=834355 is very useful and well done.

You can use the translate option of Chrome for English.

Thank you.

Terrence G F
    Participant

I would like to use the possibility to dictate text within the AOSP keyboard – in mails, for example – just like for my other tablets. What do you mean by “allow Google to record audio first before speech-to-text worked as expected” ? Does the option will be reenacted then in the settings ? Also, Is there a way of reinstalling the Quickboot option ?

I don’t use the AOSP keyboard, so maybe it is not possible to dictate text with it. I prefer GBoard (the Google Keyboard) which works fine for text dictation. The first time I clicked the microphone button within GBoard, I got a pop up box asking for Google to allow access to the microphone similar to this.

As for quick boot, I never used it, so I don’t know anything about it. I rarely turn the tablet off.

Patechtab
    Participant

Hello Terrence,

Thanks for the information. I will give a try to GBoard.

If you know of any new firmware, please inform us here and I will do the same.

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password