Onda Xiaoma 21

Onda Xiaoma 21

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda Xiaoma 21

This topic contains 45 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  xiaomei 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Andrez
    Participant

Hello Internet
    I was about to pull the trigger on the Jumper 3 Pro when I stumbled upon this very promising notebook. Since there wasn’t a thread on this model I thought I’d share my findings:

At first glance I thought this seemed near perfect (for a budget machine): similar build quality and look to the Jumper 3 Pro, but with addition of USB-C!
    A closer look revealed the following differences: (Specs omitted below are identical on both models.)

Onda
    ++ USB Type C (charging + audio)
    ++ WiFi 802.11 AC
    ++ Fingerprint reader
    — 4GB RAM
    — No 3.5mm headphone jack

Jumper
    ++ 6GB RAM
    ++ 3.5mm headphone jack
    — “Proprietary” DC jack

@chris, I cant speak on behalf of the rest of your readers but I would be thrilled if you were able to review this model.

Links:
    Official product page:
    http://www.onda.cn/Laptop_Designs.aspx?id=9
    Official Specs (translated to English)
    http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.onda.cn%2FLaptop_Specifications.aspx%3Fid%3D9&edit-text=
    Buy: (Seems the rest of the usual reseller stores are currently out of stock)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Onda-Xiaoma-21-Notebook-12-5-Windows-10-Intel-Apollo-Lake-Celeron-N3450-4GB-RAM-64GB/2792012_32812893548.html
    Unboxing: (unfortunately in Vietnamese, with no google-subs)

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve just got hold my Civil Top Air. It’s this laptop with only a 3.5mm jack and type-c USB 3.1. Everything else is the same, 12.5″ metal build.

Looks okay this Onda, but I couldn’t get hold of one (No stock) Now I see it’s onAliexpress. Came too late for me so I got the Civiltop Air.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Andrez
    Participant

Yeah you’re right, the Civiltop air and Onda xiaoma 21 do appear very very similar. I’ll hold out for your review of the Civiltop then before I make my decision.
    Thanks man

sportnok
    Participant

Think this is my favourite, shame it only has 4gb ram. But again, like the Chuwi 12.3, makes the ezbook pro at $220 from gearbest(HK) at the moment a bargain.

sportnok
    Participant

http://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_640657.html

This is the same machine, the T-Bao Tbook Air.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Looks like it exactly the same. Even the bios boot screen says Tbao on the Civiltop Air.

Here’s my unboxing and first look.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

A., Nick
    Participant

anyone know where to download driver for this device? after I re-install windows on to m2 SSD – it’s missing sound driver, and I can not find it anywhere.

T-T

Thomas
    Participant

search on the driver ID.  You’ll find it that way.

Thomas
    Participant

the review confirms in vietnamese that the battery life is ony 5-6 hours 🙁

Chris G
    Keymaster

I should have my Onda Xiaoma 21 next week. 5-6 hours just like the CivilTop. So that also means I hope the faster RAM which is eating up a good hour or so of the battery.

I’ll upload drivers once I have it.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Thomas
    Participant

Is it much faster running from SSD. I mean is general windows use much faster?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes, I can tell the difference going from eMMC to SSD.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Thomas
    Participant

Sweet news on the SSD speed improvements I will certainly be going that route.

My Onda 21 is on its way from china as we speak if Chris hasn’t already then I will post a review.

Btw gearbest has it in a flash sale.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Mine just arrived look out for the unboxing of it soon. I hope it’s just like the Civiltop Air but with the ports and just as fast. (Fastest Apollo Lake reviewed yet)

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Thomas
    Participant

bring on the unboxing review.

Can you believe I sold my MacBook 12″ retina to get one of these, hehehe.  The single USB-C port miffed me so much and the cost of it.  I sold my MacBook on ebay for £650 (after feeses) and got an Onda  Xioma 21 with addtional 128Gb SDD and had £350 left for a cheap holiday.

Yeah the processor and battery will be no where near that of the MacBooks but as I will only use this laptop once or twice a week I can live those issues.

Should be here next week.

When is the full review coming and some comparison to the Jumper 3 Pro would be nice because at the moment the Jumper is the segment leader .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password