Onda Xiaoma 21

Onda Xiaoma 21

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda Xiaoma 21

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Gianluca Cucchietti
    Participant

Fleebay? Put the link please, i can’t find it

Gianluca Cucchietti
    Participant

Try to reinstall Windows 10 if you notice some freeze and let me know

Pablo
    Participant

my onda 21 can charge and has sound out via the built in speakers both at the same time there is no speaker hiss from built in speaker. Chris has a lemon me thinks eMMC speed hack has been applied and makes some a little difference.  

I think it’s just a settings thing. Just disable auto mute on headphones connection (that includes a USB type C with audio) too. 🙂

sportnok
    Participant

You could well be right. It’s obvious if you think about it, the speakers always go off when you plug in headphones…

G
    Participant

OK so my Onda Xiaoma 21 has arrived! What a cute little device. First impressions – beautiful screen, lovely build, weird colour 😀

Anyway, a couple of things. I really needed to slow down the speed of the pointer, as I found the touchad way too sensitive. I’m also struggling a little with the tiny keyboard – more so than I thought. Perhaps I just need more practice!

My main concern is a few blue screens I’ve had on bootup…after the blue screen the laptop boots into the BIOS and won’t come out until the settings are saved and device ‘reset’ within the bios. I need to investigate further but I’m wondering if there’s an EMMC issue perhaps. SSD should be here next week to test further. For now, it seems to be working well and the fingerprint reader is very impressive!

Chris
    Participant

Hi guys I got my Onda Xiaoma 21 in March of this year, unfortunately, the built in wifi (Intel 3165) has quit working about 1.5 months back. I’m wondering if any one else is facing this problem? The retailer I bought it from (China-based) provided a few suggestions to see if the device was disabled but I did everything he said and it still does not work. After that he just stopped responding to my request for return for servicing.

The wifi chip is built in and cannot be replaced. Under “Network Properties” in Win 10 the WiFi shows up as “Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless – AC 3165” and the status is “Not Present”. I suspect the root cause is that one time I shut the lid and put it in my laptop bag, but on taking it out a couple of hours later found that it had not hibernated as it should and was quite warm to the touch.

The  I’ve tried the following to no avail;

1.  Services.msc > Wired Config + WLAN Autoconfig — Both running
    2. Installing the Intel drivers direct from the Intel website
    3. Restoring to an earlier restore point
    4. Resetting Win 10 (OS only) but this did not succeed there was an issue preventing it from completing (issue unknown)
    5. Looking for the Wifi setting on UEFI but I can’t seem to find it.

I’m at my wit’s end and currently am using a USB Wifi adaptor but it’s not ideal because of the slower speed and lack of dual band (5GHz not available). I’m pretty sure it is draining my battery faster than the on-board wifi too.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Any help will be much appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Device manager doesn’t list anything else with issues? I’ve never had in all my years with PC’s (Since 1995 basically) a wireless card or even the onboard one fail. It’s always drivers or a Windows issue. Try booting to a Linus live image CD. Try Linx Mint or a new Windows 10 install and see then if the card is working on not.

But booting to a USB pen drive with Linux will be the easier way to check. Linux Manjaro and Mint latest images all support this chipset.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris
    Participant

Hi Chris, sorry for the delay, work got the better of me.

Thanks for your suggestions, I booted from a Linux Mint distro as you suggested, and WiFi did not show up (although Bluetooth did). I guess this means that my Intel 3165 is well and truly dead (a moment of silence please). I guess that I’ll just have to bring this little Frankenmonster to work though, since everything else works fine. You should see how ridiculous it looks with an USB hub, wireless presenter, wireless mouse, WiFi dongle, Micro HDMI, and USB-C charger connected all at once — like it’s on life support.

About the WiFi cards, you’ve been very fortunate — I’ve been tinkering with PCs and laptops since the 90s too and have had 2 fail on me. One network card in a Lenovo laptop after 4 years of service which I replaced with little trouble (although I had to get someone to whitelist the card into the firmware), and this Onda’s Intel 3165 with only 3 month’s service.

Brad
    Participant

Post your problem in the WiFi/networking section of the LinuxMint forums. There is a guy on there names Jeremy who is an awesome Linux network debugging guy and he very often walks people through resolving their problems with Mint.  At the least he, or someone else, will give you the terminal commands to diagnose if your WiFi NIC is functioning or not.  Does your ‘dmesg‘ output show any obvious errors? Good luck!  Edit: sorry, I just read that it’s not working in Windows as well, so prob you will not have any luck with Mint but hey, you never know, right?  Maybe Linux commands can give you some extra debugging info.  Btw, I’m pretty sure that the 3165 has both the bluetooth and wifi on one chip so it’s a good sign your BT is still alive.

Chris
    Participant

Thanks Brad I’ll give that a try.

Chris
    Participant

UPDATE 4 OCT 2018

This pic provides more detail to the issue, on he Win 10 settings, the Intel 3165 is registered as “Not Present” however in the Win 10 System Information app it registers as “Installed Yes”. Why are these 2 showing conflicting information? Also I’ve already installed the Intel 3165 drivers several times fro the Intel website direct. Also one screen shows that a MAC address has been assigned but the other show that it hasn’t. This is driving me nuts!

Attachments:
    Brad
    Participant

UPDATE 4 OCT 2018 This pic provides more detail to the issue, on he Win 10 settings, the Intel 3165 is registered as “Not Present” however in the Win 10 System Information app it registers as “Installed Yes”. Why are these 2 showing conflicting information? Also I’ve already installed the Intel 3165 drivers several times fro the Intel website direct. Also one screen shows that a MAC address has been assigned but the other show that it hasn’t. This is driving me nuts!

First I noticed the MAC address on the left does not match either the Bluetooth or WiFi MAC address on the right. So that seemed odd.
    Then searching for the driver being used… “tap-tb-0901.sys“.  It’s related to VPN networking and could be the problem – ie, your system is not using the correct driver.  Did you ever install VPN software?  If not could be your system was infected by malware. But maybe you monkeyed with the Windows network setting and did this somehow.  Dunno.
    [edit]: I think your driver should be something like this “C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Netwtw04.sys“.
    Try reinstalling it.  Download the driver for your Intel Wireless-AC 3165 adapter using your wired network or with another computer:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=89450
    Then delete your WiFi network entry and reboot.  Then install the new Intel driver.
    If you have problems installing go here: https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/

Michael
    Participant

Hi, does anyone know if the Type-C port supports DP alt mode?  I would like to buy a laptop that can connect to 4K 60hz display.  Thanks!

xiangqin
    Participant

I know only 31.41 notebook, I did not expect the 21 series.

xiangqin
    Participant

Hey, you mentioned that you will have a new Onda Xiaoma 21 . I am also helping my clients find out, can you help me? This is its picture

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar