Open X98 Plus A5C8

Open X98 Plus A5C8

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Open X98 Plus A5C8

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

Anyone who have opened their X98 Plus?

I have a “minor” problem with mine, that if I touch anywhere near the part where the volume buttons are, it lowers the volume. The whole area is sensitive, which makes thing like pressing power and volume up or volume up plus volume down during boot for fastboot or bios a bit tricky(though not totally impossible). I assume that the button might sit a bit off, so thought that if I managed to open it, I could check. I’ve tried all kinds of pry tools, I find no good place to try to pry it in. I assume it is between the white border and the silver side, but no luck, and I don’t wanna use too much force in case I’m wrong.

So, anyone who have done it or got some link to some page explaining it. I found nothing on youtube, only about the x98 pro, which got a different design.

Thanks for any help.

// D.

Oracle_ed
    Participant

Pry it open starting at the end opposite the white plastic piece. I use hard guitar picks. They have a nice sharp edge and you can open a tablet without creating any marks that show it has ever been opened.

Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

Thank you. So that would be the “bottom” side if holding it in portrait mode, where the headphone jack is? Sorry for super late reply…

Oracle_ed
    Participant

Thank you. So that would be the “bottom” side if holding it in portrait mode, where the headphone jack is? Sorry for super late reply…

Start prying at the end opposite the jacks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar