Overclocking after thermal mod

Overclocking after thermal mod

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Overclocking after thermal mod

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  stajerc 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

stajerc
    Participant

so i just reopened the new tablet, replaced the 0,5 mm plate between the cpu and the original heatsink with a 0,8mm one and the 0,5mm one between the heatsink and the big copper plate to 0,7mm, the cooling is slightly better, but still not as good as the first mod i did on the first tablet, still occt can only run good 4 minutes before it reaches 87 degrees, while the old one still can do almost 6 minutes. im not sure where this comes from, as now the new one has almost 2 times the copper in it as the old one (still without the screen getting bent).

The microprocessors are not 100% identical. Each microprocessor could be overcklocked with different results, even if they are te same. One of them has better thermal characteristics, thats all. It is also possible that the first copper plate do a better contact with the microprocessor or even you have applied the thermal paste you are using in a better manner. There are a lot of small things which all together could perform a really different behaviour.

Yeah i  know that, but i find it weird, cuz the second SoC can work at lower voltages, which would imply that it should heat up less. Naturally my thermal paste is rather old and suboptimal, probably with new paste i could get even more out of it. but i think its ok. i can set it to 22W TDP and play at least lol with medium settings without fps drops.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password