Playing Games in Windows

Playing Games in Windows

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Playing Games in Windows

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Paulchen Panther
    Participant

Hey,

i bought me this tablet, because i want to play games in windows, like industry giant 2, hotel manager 2, football manager 13 from ea sports, transport giant and open ttd.

when i start industry giant, and i change the resolution it would be unplayable, when i change the resolution to smaller reso, i get only a small window. How can i set this to full screen with lower resolution?

Or are this games unplayable on this tablet?

Is there any tablet on that i can play this games?

mfg

Chris
    Participant

In general old games play amazingly well on this tablet. Sometime I get black screen or something but that is 99% fixed by setting compatibility to windows 95/98/xp etc. Most old games were designed for 1024×768 which is exactly 1/4 the resolution of this tablet so they generally work great when set to that fullscreen (even older games are 640×480 which also works well on the 4:3 ration screen). Usually in game there will be a full screen option. If not try pressing alt+enter

EDIT: if that fails this might help http://slashgenie.com/how-to-run-games-in-full-screen-mode-on-windows-10/

Paulchen Panther
    Participant

What games have you tested  and run great on this tablet?

i think that is a setting thing on my tablet, that it dont run the games.

mfg

Chris
    Participant

A whole load some downloaded from gog (older games like fallout, cannon fodder, point and click games) and then a lot of newer stuff from steam, mainly indie games and oldish ones like half life 2. Had no problems playing any after maybe a little setup. I don’t play a lot of strategy games like you seem to prefer but I did download OpenRA which is a port of red alert 2 and dune 2000 and that works perfect for me.

Paulchen Panther
    Participant

you get half life 2 working? how??

Paulchen Panther
    Participant

OpenRa is working on the tablet very well almost by me.

Half Life 2 I will test after downloading.

mfg

Chris
    Participant

you get half life 2 working? how??

No special settings, it even seems to run okay at full resolution. I have it installed to an sd card though so loading times are not great but once loaded its perfect.

Paulchen Panther
    Participant

mmhmh… half life 2 start without any problems.

My other games dont start from steam, click on play, a black small (dos)window appear and it closes very fast and that was all. Nothing happen more.

what could this be?

mfg

Chris
    Participant

mmhmh… half life 2 start without any problems. My other games dont start from steam, click on play, a black small (dos)window appear and it closes very fast and that was all. Nothing happen more. what could this be? mfg

Any game that does that is a problem with windows 10 not this tablet. Find the exe (from steam you right click, properties, manage local files (or something similar)  )  right click the exe and go to compatability, try selecting a version of windows most relevant to the game, if its very old choose windows 95/98 if its newer xp or windows 7. Then try again. Should work. Some games have a launcher and a game exe, to be safe just apply the compatibility option to all exe files in the game folder

Paulchen Panther
    Participant

no the compatability would not change anything. the window appears for 1/4 second and then away… you cant read the dos window…

Chris
    Participant

no the compatability would not change anything. the window appears for 1/4 second and then away… you cant read the dos window…

hmm in that case I’d search for “[game name] windows 10” in google. most likely other will have had the same problem and will have a fix. Every problem I have had with a game has been because of windows 10 not the tablet. most of the time compatability mode fixes the problem but I know there have been problems with some other games with windows 10.

Saz
    Participant

Hey, I have install multiple games on my tablet and it plays well , albeit with low settings, resolution and disable turbo. These are the games I’m playing. Hope this helps

1. Hearthstone
    2. Dead space
    3. left 4 dead 2
    4. Orc must die
    5. Dark souls 2
    6. Sacrifice (do have fps problem but love this classic to let go)
    7. Homeworld Cataclysm

Chris
    Participant

Hey, I have install multiple games on my tablet and it plays well , albeit with low settings, resolution and disable turbo. These are the games I’m playing. Hope this helps

1. Hearthstone
    2. Dead space
    3. left 4 dead 2
    4. Orc must die
    5. Dark souls 2
    7. Homeworld Cataclysm

wtf dead space, l4d2 and dark souls work? What sort of fps do you get? Installed to sd card I assume? I use mine as a retro game machine but maybe I will try some more demanding games. I’ve not turned turbo off myself. How did you do that on yours?

Milosz
    Participant

I tested this one…all playable

1. Batman Arkham Assault (640×480 working well)
    2. Ultra Street Fighter (640×480@60fps)
    3. Titan Quest
    4. Stronghold series ( Crusaders 2 unfortunate to slow during battle)
    5. Portal/HL2
    6. PES 2015 (640×480@60fps)
    7. Fifa 2014 aprox 50-60fps low resolution…fifa15-16 to slow
    8. Heroes 2 🙂 (full screen no problem)
    9. Heroes 3 HD
    10. FlatOut 2 (hi resolution 60fps)
    11.  ……something El’s don’t remember ;);)
    Saz
    Participant

1. Hearthstone
    2. Dead space
    3. left 4 dead 2
    4. Orc must die
    5. Dark souls 2
    7. Homeworld Cataclysm

wtf dead space, l4d2 and dark souls work? What sort of fps do you get? Installed to sd card I assume? I use mine as a retro game machine but maybe I will try some more demanding games. I’ve not turned turbo off myself. How did you do that on yours?

getting mostly 30fps on on most, 22-25 on dark souls, sacrifice was really stuttering;needs to have patch 3, homeworld didn’t check but was smooth.

All installed on main drive, only sacrifice and homeworld on sd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar