Problems with your internal eMMC / M.2? Here Is The Solution

Problems with your internal eMMC / M.2? Here Is The Solution

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Problems with your internal eMMC / M.2? Here Is The Solution

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

As answered here a gazillion times before, there is also the “have your SSD outside” solution.
    Today I can show you just how well the different solutions will work.

Near all computers from this Millennium can boot from USB.
    You can have the complete installed and with all drivers working OS (Windows, Linux or Whatnix) including all programs running external. Check out my other posts here in the Jumper section. Even windows since 8.1 offers this option (not in your cheap home edition, you have to go up higher)

And Yes it works, I booted windows 8.1 what I cloned from a HP Stream13 and put on a Sandisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB3 micro stick.
    Stuck it in the Jumper 3S and selected boot from USB in the BIOS.
    It booted quite fast and came up with a nice blue frowny face screen what told me it could fix the problem by rebooting. And it actually worked. Without me doing anything it fixed whatever it needed to boot and there it was. My HP Stream13 8.1 image with all its programs and working on my Jumper 3S!
    WOW
    100% ? NO – as usual, different hardware different drivers, but I had video in full HD, touch pad was working, I think there even was sound. Then I put another USB stick with all my portable programs (the only way to go) in the second slot and used my programs from that stick. WORKS!

Now imagine the following scenario as shown in the usb hub picture.
    You have win 10, win 8 and when I get it to work win 7 and Linux on 4 different USB sticks with all the programs you like to use in the different OS.
    You switch the OS your choice on and boot.
    BAM
    and all from the same tiny computer.

OK end of dream, it is already part reality and the rest is just work.

So what is the fastest way to have a tiny external SDD M.2 like solution.
    Look at the results first with the internal vs external M.2

jumper-3s-crystaldiskmark-2 is the real speed from the foresee inside the jumper compare that to the results (m2viausb3 and m2in ub3 case) when she is external on USB3 and inside the red case.

Than other alternatives on the usb 3 port or sd port. See compare molare where the inside disk is in yellow for easier eye flipping.
    Please also have a look at my old post here where I already made a major comparison. Note that in the new test there is a 16GB Ultra Fit while in the old test is a 64GB Ultra Fit. The 64GB is much faster in writing.

I think with the speed of an external m.2 on USB3 there will be no more problem if the inside m.2 port or your eMMC gives you problems.
    And if you really want the M.2 inside, use an angular USB plug as shown on my photo, make a little U shaped hole in the side of you case slide the cable with the M.2 inside, use tape to fix it and there you go.

Don´t get angry, get creative.

you just enjoyed another quality post from uncle Chupa

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Ageatis
    Participant

Nice job @chupa

Now why don’t you find a way to boot from SD Card (<span id=”result_box” class=”short_text” lang=”en”><span class=””>completely disinterested request</span></span> ghghgh)

Chupa
    Participant

because sd card works on Jumpers on a reduced speed usb2 bus. it would take 4e4 (very log). and the write speed is so abysmal that working with it after a 10 min boot would taken even longer….
    if you ever seen a computer work from floppies you get the idea

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

indigoash
    Participant

Chupa…thanks…this was the first useful post I’ve seen after all night working on this.  EZ book jumper 3 pro m2 slot doesn’t work worth a damn on the one I got.   Your benchmarks make it pretty clear how close ssd in external usb 3.0 are. Only problem is that its for my wife and not sure shes gonna like the extra appendage.  We will see.  Appreciate it, bro.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar