PSA The knote 5 tablet could possibly have a non laminated display

PSA The knote 5 tablet could possibly have a non laminated display

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums General Discussion PSA The knote 5 tablet could possibly have a non laminated display

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Sx C
    Participant

was really interested in this tablet because of its rather attractive price, and so i compared it with the knote and realised that it is 1mm thicker despite being similar in all aspect down to the battery size.

emailed some of the sellers on aliexpress and half of them confirmed that it is not laminated and the other half responds that they do not know(probably just lying).

so yeah its probably a good idea to wait for a review, good thing my skepticism of the the chinese manufacturers has been turned to 11 since getting burned by the TN panel in the ezbook 3 plus

Xfade
    Participant

The same is the case with the new M5 android tablet. 1mm thicker than it’s direct competitors with the same specs. Marketing material for both also do not mention anything about ogs. usually when they have it, they proudly show it off. Bit of a shame for Alldocube, as it’s rated highly in the Recommended Tablet manufacturer list here.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I hope it’s fully laminated. I will find out of course as I have both ordered. Knote5 to ship soon. But very true, if it’s not mentioned expect the worst.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Chuwi Hi9 Plus + Keyboard, Mi Mix 3

Sx C
    Participant

maybe im just a tad cynical but these reviews smells like it was seeded by gearbest themselves LOL – https://www.gearbest.com/computer/pp_009800832331.html?wid=1433363#anchorGoodsReviews

Chris G
    Keymaster

maybe im just a tad cynical but these reviews smells like it was seeded by gearbest themselves LOL – https://www.gearbest.com/computer/pp_009800832331.html?wid=1433363#anchorGoodsReviews

looks sooooo fake!

Common Chinese practise very common on all retail sites and Aliexpress etc. So I think you’re correct.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Rino Adi Pratama
    Participant

Answer : I’ve confirmed that it has non-laminated screen. Just bought one, but the screen isn’t bad though

edit : Even viewing angle is better than what i thought it would be on non-laminated screen

Sx C
    Participant

Thanks for the confirmation.

Guess i will be getting the older knote after all, im only using it for very light task so the 2gb of extra ram and laminated screen would do me more good than a slight boost in performance.

Francis
    Participant

@chris

Hi Chris, I’d like to suggest you to try a bootable USB pen of Bliss Oreo on all of these Gemini Lake devices, as on this Knote5, the most interesting lowcost W10 tablet right now.
    It boots and runs a little slowly on my old Chuwi HI10 Plus, without touch/audio, but should be fine enough on latest Intel.

Waiting for a 6GB of ram tablet with a 3:2 display. Do you think it could be anything available by August?

Thanks for your hard work, keep up it! 🙂

https://downloads.blissroms.com/BlissOS/nightly/

Chris G
    Keymaster

@francescotab Boot Android Oreo from a pen drive, now that does sound interesting.

My guess is there should be something October /November. End of this month we will have the Teclast F5 with 8GB + Gemini Lake N4100.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Francis
    Participant

@chris

Wow cool, thanks! I’m looking forward to see a mini video or inside the full review, to watch how Android x86 performs on these “low specs” machines in particular with all of these different hardware/bios, hopefully you will put this test on the standard list to do, as done with Linux bootable usb test.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Wow cool, thanks! I’m looking forward to see a mini video or inside the full review, to watch how Android x86 performs on these “low specs” machines in particular with all of these different hardware/bios, hopefully you will put this test on the standard list to do, as done with Linux bootable usb test.

I have tried everything and it boots to get stuck on this _

I had the same issues with Linux in the beginning. This is on the Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake, no luck!

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

winterless
    Participant

I have tried everything and it boots to get stuck on this _ I had the same issues with Linux in the beginning. This is on the Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake, no luck!

I think  some of boot stuck question  caused by bios csm test ,or the linux bootable usb driver shoud be made  by  dd method  via rufus etc.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I used all methods in Rufus. Tried DD image method first as that is what works for me with Antergos and Mint distros etc.

But no luck.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

winterless
    Participant

I used all methods in Rufus. Tried DD image method first as that is what works for me with Antergos and Mint distros etc. But no luck.

for the  Apollo Lake and Gemini Lake tablet of cube,you can shutoff the csm function  in bios by follow steps:

1.set”advanced” -CPU Configuration-Monitor Mwait-to ‘Disabled’

2.set “Chipset”-South Cluster Configuration-Miscellaneous Configuration-8254 Clock gating -to “Disabled”

I have try deepinlinux(you know i’m chinese) on knote 5,shut off “CSM”,and deepinlinux boot normally.

you can have a try for the other linux distributions

Brad
    Participant

This may require either (1) Respinning a Ubuntu distro using Linuxium’s respin script which is often needed for Apollo-Lake devices who’s BIOS does not work with the Linux Grub2 boot manager, or….  (2) Creating a rEFInd boot manager bootable USB.
    Btw, I always use Etcher to burn ISO’s onto USB. Works well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password