Pulse Width Modulation (or not)

Pulse Width Modulation (or not)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Pulse Width Modulation (or not)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ray Dollars
    Participant

Hi All,

I want to try to get to the bottom of this. I’ve seen mentioned a few times on this website that the F7 is fitted with a PWM screen that will cause eye fatigue, headaches etc.

I’ve been using the Teclast F7 for a couple of weeks and I must admit, I’ve had very sore eyes at the end of each day and also some headaches. Compared to my Macbook, which I’m using now to type this where eye fatigue is pretty much a non issue.

So, after reading the comments about PWM I tried a couple of tests to see if my F7 is fitted with a PWM screen. I turned the brightness down to 25% and tried waving a pen in front of the screen to check for light trails. None. Same thing waving my fingers in front of the monitor. I also tried pointing my smartphone camera at the screen to looking for scrolling lines. Again nothing.

So it would appear my F7 (matte screen) does not have pulse width modulation to control screen dimming. Or… perhaps I need to do a more thorough test.

Is there any conclusive way to check which model screen is fitted in my laptop without taking it apart?

Ray Dollars
    Participant

Very keen to hear from other F7 users who spend a long time staring at the screen.

Chupa
    Participant

turn the brightness below 10 (slider) and do your test again.

if you compare both pc next to each other and load the same website with different text size , which one has bigger letters, is brighter and over all more easy to read and pleasant to look at?

try if f.lux can make your display more pleasant.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Ray Dollars
    Participant

Quick update… I’ve taken the advice and installed f.lux. I use the ‘reduce eye strain’ level and it seems to have helped.

Chupa
    Participant

you can use the change brightness keys (manual) with f.lux also. Makes the screen darker but leaves the cursor bright – funny.
    had to change to a colored cursor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

superedan68
    Participant

Moving companies are a great way to get started with moving basketbros. They are cheaper than renting a car and offer flexibility in terms of time and location. They can be a good way to get started with moving, but there are some things to keep in mind.

reyr anawe
    Participant

Which computer has larger letters, is brighter, and is overall easier to read and more pleasing to look at if you compare them side by side and load the same page with various font sizes?

Marry Janes
    Participant

When loading the same website into both computers, side by side, at different font sizes, which one has larger letters, is brighter, and is generally easier to read and more appealing to the eye?

heardle

bettyking
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>This is the first time I’ve been to this place. I found a lot of interesting things on your blog, especially the comments io games
    </span>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar