Really pleased with this product

Really pleased with this product

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Really pleased with this product

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

JL
    Participant

Received my v4 3 Pro from GB a few days ago, and just wanted to post how happy I am with the product since I’ve got it (using it to type this now).  Once I received it, straight away did copper heat sink mod, installed WD Blue 250GB ssd and cloned Windows to it.  It runs super snappy, screen is great, keyboard and track pad no problems, temps is around high 30s C and peaks around 60s C under load, battery life is around 7 hours when general browsing/downloading, youtube etc.. which is sufficient for me.  The quality and finish is very premium as well, it doesn’t look at all like a cheap laptop.

For measly, $275AU+ 135AU for the SSD, total of $413AU I’ve got an great awesome laptop that meets 99% of my requirements.  To think, I was pondering getting a MAcbook air for three times the price.  This is my first laptop from China, and given my satisfaction now I might get a Xiaomi Air 13 as well that will use for heavier tasks.

Murat
    Participant

Thanks for writing your pleasement! I’m waiting mine, and it does not really felt good just seeing topics about issues/ complaints. Probably that’s because most of users does not need to write their pleasure.

Johannes
    Participant

I got my V4 yesterday. Bought it from Lightinthehouse, fairly quick shipping. Ordered the 128 GB version so the EMMC is no name disk and then there is a Foresee 64 GB SSD mounted. I sold my Macbook 12″ last week because I dont really use it. Had 40 charging cycles in one year. But I still need a smaller laptop from time to time. After reading and watched Chris reviews I found the 3 Pro version interesting. When I picked it out of the box yesterday I was “Wow”. Its not a Macbook and I hadnt expected one. But my Macbook was 6-7 times more expensive than the 3 Pro and honestly, the Macbook doesnt feel like its worth the difference.

The build quality is very good, I like the keyboard, the touchpad is good, the screen is nice. The wifi is super. The only thing to complain about at the moment is that theres a static charge feeling when the charger is connected. Maybe another charger would help.

The first thing I did was to do a fresh install of Win 10 on the SSD. The installation was quite easy, some drivers were missing in the device manager so I picked them from the EMMC disk. (then I went ahead and formated the EMMC which was a very bad idea and I had to start over)
    I also ordered some stickers for my keyboard since we have some special characters here in Scandinavia 😉

Of course its a little bit to early to say how good it really is. But the first impression is solid.

VietChi
    Participant

@ Johannes, how long it takes for you to receive your order from LightInTheBox?

I also order mine (#06105996  128eMMC version) from LITB and still waiting for it to arrive.

Glad to hear that you received the V4, and the 128eMMC version is actually 64GB eMMC + 64GB SSD.  I hope mine is also the same V4 as I could not get the correct product information from the LITB sale folks.

Johannes
    Participant

I ordered mine the 20th of September and it arrived at my post office the 25th of September.

Anon
    Participant

Can you check if the keyboard is working properly?

I bought mine in spring and the spacebar and other wider keys don’t register soft hits. For example if I press  the spacebar on the lower right corner slowly, it won’t register even though the entire space is at its mechanical stop position.

Do you have any clouding? My display has some on the lower left, it’s kind of annoying when watching movies with high aspect ratios…

Lastly, do you hear a slight hissing sound from the area where you plug your power adapter? It’s only noticable when it’s absolutely quite. The display noise at <40% brightness is much louder…

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

Mine is V.0, the one without M2 adapter, but I migrate Windows OS on the Beelink S1 SSD. It’seems nice too, but all the benchmarks I launched are a little lowest than with the eMMC. It’s strange, isn’t it?

I think I will try clean installation to be sure.

https://actiftech.com

Johannes
    Participant

Can you check if the keyboard is working properly? I bought mine in spring and the spacebar and other wider keys don’t register soft hits. For example if I press the spacebar on the lower right corner slowly, it won’t register even though the entire space is at its mechanical stop position. Do you have any clouding? My display has some on the lower left, it’s kind of annoying when watching movies with high aspect ratios… Lastly, do you hear a slight hissing sound from the area where you plug your power adapter? It’s only noticable when it’s absolutely quite. The display noise at <40% brightness is much louder…

I have no issues with the keyboard.
    With clouding, do you mean like bleeding? If so, a little which can be seen when the screen is black. But its not so much so its disturbing. No hissing.

John
    Participant

Got mine from Gearbest a few weeks ago. I’ve been using it as my primary computer since.  I have to say, I haven’t been this pleased with a laptop since I got my first generation Macbook Pro so many years ago.  The build quality is great, the power is certainly there when you need it. I’ve learned that gaming isn’t too much a problem as long as you can kill the shaders (the iGPU really doesn’t like shaders). Movies look amazing on it!  I’m going to order a 256gb SSD and soon and start using that, but so far playing SC2 off of a 64gb microSD and it runs great! 1080p without shaders and getting a solid 30fps. Diablo 3 playing great with a lower resolution and leaving the shaders on.

I’ve been playing around with settings to get the max battery life, but I think the most you can get is 6 hours no matter what settings you use and usually I see around 5:30.  Still, with a 2 hour full recharge (2:30 while in light use) it is everything I need it to be. Super happy with this laptop, and even some guys from work are looking into order one.

George G
    Participant

I didn’t even need a laptop but bought it anyhow just to tinker…it’s just another toy to add to the collection.

Sometimes I just stare at it sitting on the table. It’s the mesmerizing metal build…

Paid $230 and got more than I bargained for. I already added a cheapo SSD but I’m still screwing around with the wifi and touchpad.

I really want to replace the wifi card with a better MIMO 2×2 card. I guess it’s time to learn how to solder <<grin>>

Anon
    Participant

Weird my post doesn’t seem to show up. So again my issues with screen and keyboard:

https://streamable.com/epu6a

https://imgur.com/a/9EO8x

Do you guys have the same problem or is it just my unit? Seems like I will only lose 20-30€ if I upgrade to V4 which seems worth it, especially if SSD prices go down next year…

sipart
    Participant

Weird my post doesn’t seem to show up. So again my issues with screen and keyboard: https://streamable.com/epu6a https://imgur.com/a/9EO8x Do you guys have the same problem or is it just my unit? Seems like I will only lose 20-30€ if I upgrade to V4 which seems worth it, especially if SSD prices go down next year…

I just received my ezbook 3 pro (v4 I suspect) after a 27 day wait and the space bar performs perfectly and can;t see any light bleed.

Julian
    Participant

Several months using this laptop, really satisfied. Great value for the price.
    Reduced price: $226 with coupon for Jumper EZBOOK 3 PRO Notebook – DUAL BAND WIFI VERSION SILVER from GearBest
    coupon: JEZB3PIT

VietChi
    Participant

Order my Jumper EZBook 3 Pro ( 128GB version ) from LITB  on  Sept 22.

Order was shipped out quickly on the same day, but the package was delayed by the shipping courier for couple days.  Received the on Oct 3.  Very good communication exchange with LITB in regard to the shipment delay mishap.

It is nice Jumper EZBook 3 Pro version 4; the one with M2. SSD hatch door at the bottom.  This 128Gb version with generic 64 GB eMMC and a 64GB Foresee M.2 SSD chip installed.

Disk performance on the generic 64Gb eMMC is disappointedly very slow and the installed Foresee 64GB M.2 SSD is not as fast as expected either, but it is acceptable.

All device drivers load and Windows 10 is working OK.  MeiMengMeng service is secretly infested; I have to manually remove from system registry.

Touchpad is really good and precise, no problem at all.

WIFI speed and connectivity is really fast and steady on Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC3165 chip. No problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

George G
    Participant

@vietchi

I will make the assumption that it boots Windows from the (slower) eMMC.  If so, to increase performance, you could potentially set it up so that it boots from the SSD instead. I believe that is what most of us are doing.

Would you be willing to post both of your actual disk benchmark results, preferably in CrystalDiskMark format?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password