Remix OS suitable as daily OS on Cube i7 Book?

Remix OS suitable as daily OS on Cube i7 Book?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Remix OS suitable as daily OS on Cube i7 Book?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Phuturist
    Participant

I read a lot of different reports about Remix OS on the Cube i7 Book. I’d like to use this as dual boot next to Windows 10. As shown by Chris in the review video this will not be a problem but I also read some old reports that it runs hot and does not go into sleep and therefor drains the battery. So, I’m a bit confused about the current state of Remix OS together with the Cube i7 Book. Can I use this as a daily OS or not?

ankkax
    Participant

Nope, you can’t cpu scaling not working with remixOS, system uses 100% of your cpu all the time.

Unless you are linux/android guru and know how to fix it 🙂

Phuturist
    Participant

Is there any change this will get fixed in the future? Kinda bought the tablet to use it with RemixOS as well as it was shown to be working in the review video by Chris.

ankkax
    Participant

I don’t know you can ask from there

https://forum.xda-developers.com/remix/remix-os

Their head developer left remix os project, so there might not be any future updates. It’s not certain tough.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Android-x86-2017-Questioned

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

Memu works well on this tablet

http://www.memuplay.com

Katagiri
    Participant

Good to know, I was thinking to install it because, for my work, I need to register my devices so I can use their app and Memu is the only one I can register like a normal Android device.

Phuturist
    Participant

Memu works well on this tablet http://www.memuplay.com

Will Memu give you a complete Android enviroment including Play Store? I need to install some work related apps which wont run on Windows 10.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

Memu works well on this tablet http://www.memuplay.com

Will Memu give you a complete Android enviroment including Play Store? I need to install some work related apps which wont run on Windows 10.

yes, you log in to your google account and have full play store

Iahong Upoc
    Participant

Android x86 is the most complete Android experience I’ve been able to get with this baby. It’s not perfect, but it works, mostly. I’ve tried Emulators like Bluestacks and Andy, and Android x86 still works the best in my opionion.

The things that aren’t working, are the Microphone, and Rotation (the rotation can be manually changed with apps from the Play Store though).

siddhesh
    Participant

Hey guys can anyone help me with remix OS/ Android x86 installation on the cube i7 book? I really would love that, I’m feeling win 10 isn’t all that great as a solo tablet OS, I would like to have Android..

I tried MEmu, but I feel it is a bit slow, I tried playing the game ‘ Alto’s Adventure ‘ on MEmu vs the native windows app, it ‘feels’ smoother ( no input lag ) on the native app, so I guess it would work better on the x86 ported android..

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

I’m feeling win 10 isn’t all that great as a solo tablet OS, I would like to have Android..

Probably best to sell this tablet and get an android one.

Katagiri
    Participant

I’m feeling win 10 isn’t all that great as a solo tablet OS, I would like to have Android..

Probably best to sell this tablet and get an android one.

I agree. If you don’t like tablets with Windows the best thing is to sell it and buy an Android tablet.

siddhesh
    Participant

No.. don’t get me wrong… for working on the go and other demanding stuff, this tab is amazing, I do love it a lot! it’s a surface pro for 1/4th of the price :P. It’s just that my little brother loves android games, so I would like to know if a good android solution is possible on this…  And surely i’m never gonna sell this amazing device..

Koray K
    Participant

Remix OS is incredibly easy to install using the application distributed with the ISO. You even don’t need a seperate partition, just run the app from Windows. You’ll need a keyboard to switch to Android to switch to Android and back in th Grub menu though.

Most emulators are also easy to install. I thought I need a dual boot tablet before I got this one, now I very rarely turn on the emu for a few apps not available for Windows 10.

Katagiri
    Participant

For just games you can easily use emulators. Memu says it’s good for games.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar