Request for Touchscreen driver file SileadTouch.fw

Request for Touchscreen driver file SileadTouch.fw

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Request for Touchscreen driver file SileadTouch.fw

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Viktor
    Participant

Hello, i tried to install Windows 10 but unfortunately forgot to save one the Touchscreen firmware files.
    If someone could provide SileadTouch.fw which is located at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Chris G
    Keymaster

Here you go http://techtablets.com/download/Chuwi/Hi8/SileadTouch%20files%20for%20Chuwi%20Hi8.zip please let me know if it works.
    Did you have the touch inverted issue?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viktor
    Participant

Thank you, it’s working fine now.
    I tried SileadTouch.fw from the VI8 before, which gave me inverted touch.

Devon Lewis
    Participant

I managed to keep the touch working by performing a windows 10 upgrade on the 8.1 with bing. But when I did a clean install I get the inverted touch which Is getting somewhat annoying.

I made a wimboot for the latest Windows preview build and even injected all of my previous drivers from the last time my touch screen worked. I downloaded the driver package here and used doubledriver to restore them and nothing. I even tried this method by placing files into system32 but it still seems to not work.

Does anyone know of a fix to my problem?

Viktor
    Participant

Please check if this working for you (need to run Install.cmd as administrator).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Devon Lewis
    Participant

It works perfectly. Thanks!
    This driver has a date of 6/29/2015 – while the ones I injected and the ones from the driver package had a date of 2014. Where did you get this?
    Also: Chris – you should upload Viktor’s attachment to the Hi8 downloads for others experiencing this problem.

Viktor
    Participant

This driver is extracted from my pre-installed windows version, unfortunately i formatted the emmc right after that to made a clean Windows 10 install.
    For these chinese tablets it seems almost necessary to save the recovery install.wim file, so it’s possible to access missing driver files at a later time.

Devon Lewis
    Participant

I located all of the firmware for the device. I was going to do a full restore if I couldn’t get the touch screen to work. My next project is to get Android 5.0 running.

Chris G
    Keymaster

It works perfectly. Thanks!
    This driver has a date of 6/29/2015 – while the ones I injected and the ones from the driver package had a date of 2014. Where did you get this?
    Also: Chris – you should upload Viktor’s attachment to the Hi8 downloads for others experiencing this problem.

Added to the drivers section for the Hi8 Thanks @Viktor

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Quack Duck
    Participant

@Viktor . You say you formatted the eMMC. So, that means its not a dualboot anymore? Only a windows 10 tablet it is now, right?
    Well if yea, then how much more space are you getting?
    And, is it possible to dualboot Win10 with AndroidX86 using a bootloader like GRUB or Windows bootloader??

Viktor
    Participant

@Quack Duck
    28.5GB while 8GB is used by Windows 10.
    I guess that should be possible, but i can’t say if this tablet is supported by Android X86.
    If you really need android you should stick with the original pre-installed version.

Quack Duck
    Participant

@Viktor
    I actually thought if booting through Android x86 is possible, then I could use Android L on it.
    And even Android M or others in the Future.

Gav
    Participant

Can we remove the wimboot recovery partition if upgraded to windows 10, I’m pretty sure its not needed anymore? Btw RTM windows 10 works perfectly on the Hi8 😀

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes you can, I did the same on my Chuwi Vi10 no issues.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

izak
    Participant

man thank you victor i have been using windows 10 for a week on chuwi hi8 with bluetooth mouse because i couldnt figure out the touch driver even though i had all these files already and followed a tutorial from another site chinesegadgetreviews, but what they forgot to mention a crucial part “run install.cmd as administrator” cant believe it  i was ready to break the damn thing in two out of frustration.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar