SD card issue

SD card issue

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book SD card issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Axel
    Participant

Hi, I’m experiencing some issue with SD cards: only few times Windows 10 reads them (I’ve tried many differents SD cards) correctly, the other times it’s like they aren’t plugged at all.
    I’ve checked in the bios and the memory card is always correctly loaded, so I think is a driver problem (maybe can be solved by a compatible driver?).
    It’s happened to anyone? Can someone help me, please?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Piotr
    Participant

I have same issue, but same as you don’t have solution, it’s very annoying..

Axel
    Participant

I think the issue is in the driver, so a new one or a compatible driver can be the solution… but I don’t know where to find it.

edit:
    I did some other tests: it doesn’t works with SDXC cards and I have a Sandisk SDXC 64Gb.
    Maybe mine has an old firmware? I can’t find if there is a new one.

Franzli
    Participant

I haven’t properly tested yet, but my SanDisk Ultra 64GB seems to be recognised alright. I had to reformat under Linux to ntfs as I had had an ext4 partition on there before, which Windows didn’t seem to play well with. But after erasing all partitions and formating to ntfs, the Cube recognised it alright and I was able to reformat to extFAT.

When I find a moment, I might try and test some other cards I have. Would be good if we could find a way to fix the issue you guys are having (or at least understand where the problem lies)!

Tec
    Participant

Hi,

I have problems with 128 Gb SDHC on Cube I7 – model I16.  128 Gb TF SDHC card not work, but  Sandisk 64 Gb SDXC work fine.  Could you inform about how can i do the 128 Gb SDHC work fine on Cube I7 Book – model I16? Thank you very much for your attention.

Andrew W
    Participant

Well 128GB cannot be SDHC.

SDHC standard specifies a maximum size of 32GB.

SDXC is a theoretical maximum of 2TB

SDXC standard specifies that cards come formatted as exFAT so WIN10 should have no issues.

I do wonder how much counterfeiting is still occurring with flash storage.

armdevices.net in one video showed there were some vendors at a market had empty SD shells which there were cracking open smaller cards and putting them in.

On a high capacity drive – like 128GB the FIRST thing I would do is a full write test.

h2testw is the gold standard program for this.

A drive MAY format to 64/128 GB. It may show 64/128. However a counterfeit drive/card will give errors before reaching full capacity.

check out http://rmprepusb.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/a-faster-test-for-fake-sd-cards-and-usb.html

If the card is truly SDXC then it should work in a SDXC slot! Irrespective of it being a faster card than the slot.

Eg a UHS-III card should still work in a UHS-I slot

Either the device is not implementing the standard properly or the card.

My bet is on the card.

I mean I read about people who have issues with high capacity cards but I don’t understand this…

Why should a device that supports SDXC and can read 64GB fail at reading higer capacity SDXC cards? It doesn’t make sense!

My only suggestion is put the card in a sdxc usb card reader and connect it to a device.

Claudio
    Participant

Hi all.

I have same issue with a Sandisk SDXC ultra 64Gb.

The old sandisk 8gb recognizes it without any problem.
    The 64gb does not see it right … I tried in ExtFAT, NTFS, FAT32 … nothing.
    I am looking for new drivers, but for now nothing

Andrew W
    Participant

So the 64GB Sandisk is being formatted on another device?

Have you done a write test (download h2testw mentioned above) to confirm it is a fully working card?

Claudio
    Participant

So the 64GB Sandisk is being formatted on another device? Have you done a write test (download h2testw mentioned above) to confirm it is a fully working card?

Yes, it was formatted by another pc (windows 7)… and I’ve copied and read more than 30 GB of data without problems.

I can try to do the test, but do not think it’s a fake … I bought it directly from amazon

Tnx

Andrew W
    Participant

Annoying…

I bet if you boot ubuntu you’ll see it!

Ubuntu at least in my testing is pretty much perfect out of the box.

I need to reinstall windows.

I have to insert drivers into the windows image.

Now there was a comprehensive driver package that someone recommended in one of my other topics.

It was an 8GB+ download. So I wasn’t so inclined to get that.

Now you have me curious if that package might be a solution to your issue…

Unfortunately I have no such SD to confirm/test

Claudio
    Participant

Updates.

I tried a SDHC SanDisk Ultra 32GB and does not work.
    The cube see:
    – Sandisk “black” 8GB
    – Samsung 8GB
    – Sandisk “black” 32GB

But it does not work with the SanDisk Ultra.

I do not understand.
    You?

Thanks

Daniel Hellström
    Participant

My 64gb sandisk ultra works flawless. Just had to update the driver through the device manager.

Claudio
    Participant

My 64gb sandisk ultra works flawless. Just had to update the driver through the device manager.

Hi.
    I have updated the driver “Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O SCC: SDCard – 9D2D” through the device manager… nothing.

Claudio
    Participant

Ok, maybe I solved.
    From management devices have eliminated the device, and then I made him check the hardware changes.

Now he sees that to 32gb.
    Tonight check with that to 64gb.

Thank you

Tec
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your attention.

You’re right…the card 128GB cannot be SDHC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar