Seller sent me a eMMC instead of SSD

Seller sent me a eMMC instead of SSD

TechTablets Forums General Online retailers, seller recommendations and reviews Seller sent me a eMMC instead of SSD

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Shahmatt
    Participant

I purchased the Jumper EZbook S4 for a good promotional price of around 310USD. I was supposed to get the 128GB SSD but ended up with a eMMC instead.

Now I can return this and get all my money back no worries. I’m buying it from Lazada Singapore so their return policy is excellent.

But I wonder if I should do that. This laptop has 8GB RAM and the N4100 CPU. All the specs check out except the SSD.

Should I simply just delve in and replace the storage then with a SSD?

What would you do?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Is it a 128GB eMMC? You could just add a 128GB SSD later and have 128GB SSD + slightly slower eMMC 5.1

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Shahmatt
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I have not opened the thing up to check as I don’t want to break any seals, but are you saying there should be an empty port to add a SSD?

Yes it’s a 128GB Samsung DJNB4R eMMC.

Sx C
    Participant

if there is a return process you should activate it first, if not i doubt the seller will entertain any of your questions.

in the case where you cant reach a settlement with the seller you can just send it back, provided that you dont have to pay return shipping of course.

my personal opinion would be to push for a partial refund of 10-20%, while a sata iii ssd will indeed be faster than a emmc 5.1, you wont notice much difference unless you are comparing it side by side. i will take a samsung emmc over a forsee ssd anytime to be brutally honest.

Shahmatt
    Participant

I have messaged the seller asking for a discount. The only option with Lazada is to initiate a return. There is no negotiation option unlike Aliexpress.

Is the Samsung eMMC all that good? I got the following Crystaldiskmark figs:

Seq Q32T1:
    Read: 283
    Write: 139

4k, for both Q8 and Q32:
    Read: 35
    Write: 37

Chris G
    Keymaster

I have messaged the seller asking for a discount. The only option with Lazada is to initiate a return. There is no negotiation option unlike Aliexpress. Is the Samsung eMMC all that good? I got the following Crystaldiskmark figs: Seq Q32T1: Read: 283 Write: 139 4k, for both Q8 and Q32: Read: 35 Write: 37

For eMMC 5.1 spec it’s good. Still slower than an SSD. But yes there should be an M.2 SSD slot free. See how you get on with the seller first. My S4 is stuck in customs here.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

Same case as mine, eMMC not SSD. Not good. But there is an M.2 slot inside however, missing the screw.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password