Should I buy the Teclast F7 ssd version?

Should I buy the Teclast F7 ssd version?

TechTablets Forums General Online retailers, seller recommendations and reviews Should I buy the Teclast F7 ssd version?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  JesDoias 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Enver Can
    Participant

hi, is it reasonable to get geekbuying today with this version pre-sale? this version is not available on other sites and the price is very cheap

Thanks

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Teclast-F7-Laptop-6GB-128GB-Silver-393318.html

sportnok
    Participant

Might be worth checking that it is a 128gb SSD, and not a 64gb eMMc + 64gb SSD, sometimes works out cheaper to buy the 64gb eMMC version then add your own SSD. The other thing is to add the cost of postage, sometimes geekbuying use free postage, sometimes not.
    At the moment the prices of the F7 keep changing, we don’t know if they will drop to $220 or stay higher now a few have been sold.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Good point Sportnok, Lightinthebox did this to the EZbook 3 Pro. Said it was 128GB version, but it was 64GB + 64GB.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Enver Can
    Participant

Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Ryan
    Participant

I’m curious if I should get this too, so if someone has more info, please share :3

André Pedreiro
    Participant

I honestly doubt that it is a 128GB M.2 SSD in that. Just like most other sales I’ve seen like this, it’s probably 64 GB eMMC + 64 GB M.2.

If this is the case, I wouldn’t. The M.2 is a nice addition, but you would be better off buying one on your own, since it will most likely be slow as hell compared to what you can get on the side for not much more $$.

JoeKI
    Participant

Bought the eMMc version from Geekbuying. Added a 128GB  Transcend M.2 SSD (MTS 400). Cloned the eMMc to the SSD. Reformatted the eMMc but hten laptop would not boot saying some files not found. I must have done something wrong during the cloning or reformatting.  Luckily, I have the Win 10 ISO disc and used it to reinstall Win 10. Funny thing is, the reinstalled Win 10 has a different product ID and is activated.

My thought: Do not buy the 128GB version.

Owie
    Participant

I just bought the f7 2 weeks ago. 128GB version. It comes with the m.2 2242 128gb Teclast SSD. I’m thinking that the 64gb emmc version is the best budget, then just upgrade with an ssd. unlike mine that I’m guessing doesn’t have a internally soldered emmc.

Thoughts?

Concerns:

Had a couple of problems like windows freezing but my mouse was still moving. I had to hard reset using the the power button everytime.  Eventually did a reformat with a windows media creation tool win10. I first got the product key using ProduKey before I did the reformat.

After the format the laptop was working smoothly. Then I had the issue again today, but I was running lots of applications at one time, Steam, 12 chrome tabs, spotify, nox player, microsoft sway. The laptop was kind of heating up at the left palm rest. When it froze. Did a hard reset and and windows froze again with only Chrome, sway, and nox open.

Left the laptop too cool. Now I’m writing my message on the laptop with 8 tabs open on chrome, steam client, nox client.

Chupa
    Participant

check the performance monitor in the task manager and the processor temp with  throttlestop

if it gets too hot, use a cooling pad, that is what I do with my Jumper in the hot summer time.

if the cpu stays at 100% usage check running background programs

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

josh
    Participant

bump. sorry to reopen an old thread but im running into trouble and cannot find answers anywhere else, please help!

i have bought a f7 64gb and bought an additional ssd (specfically a Toshiba Rc100 NVME M.2 2242 240gb) and no matter what i do i cannot locate the ssd on the computer.

i have tried device manager and BIOS and still no luck, it is definitely installed correctly and all hardware is brand new. Can anyone advise what the issue may be? is it an incompatible ssd?

thanks in advance

Chupa
    Participant

we once had a person here who put the card in upside down, but maybe they are just not compatible together

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Flossy
    Participant

bump. sorry to reopen an old thread but im running into trouble and cannot find answers anywhere else, please help! i have bought a f7 64gb and bought an additional ssd (specfically a Toshiba Rc100 NVME M.2 2242 240gb) and no matter what i do i cannot locate the ssd on the computer. i have tried device manager and BIOS and still no luck, it is definitely installed correctly and all hardware is brand new. Can anyone advise what the issue may be? is it an incompatible ssd? thanks in advance

not exactly sure but i don’ think it actually supports Nvme

Even 600-700$ laptops can’t support NVME. Try with a normal SATA 3 and see if it works

JesDoias
    Participant

In the BIOS there is a NVME section (so I think it’s compatible)

[Josh] did you solve it with Toshiba RC100, i would like to buy it?

josh
    Participant

In the BIOS there is a NVME section (so I think it’s compatible) [Josh] did you solve it with Toshiba RC100, i would like to buy it?

I spoke with a few people who are more knowledgeable about SSD than me. They advised NVME is a format more often used with higher end laptops and it is most likely the Teclast does not support it. I proceeded to return the NVME SSD and search online for a standard SATA (which proved to be difficult if you want to buy this from a reputable UK based source).

I bought the following SATA from Gearbest:

Netac N5N M.2 2242 MLC SSD 240GB

https://www.gearbest.com/hdd-ssd/pp_009304944295.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=15730133&gclid=CjwKCAjw0oveBRAmEiwAzf6_rLqIyas6GobZdnOIz7WNnEcusZ7mWl6Xm7ddOEhYVC4Bk6RrSJXm-RoCgVgQAvD_BwE

I put this in and the Disk Management tool instantly recognised it! So buy SATA!

In case you need advice on transferring your hard drive including windows 10 across to the SSD I would then use a software called Macrium Reflect. It’s free and worked a treat for me. (You will have to do a bit of fiddling if you dont want your SSD to partition). Once completed you will then need to go into BIOS and change start up to the SSD and save & exit.

In summary – DO NOT buy the Toshiba or any NVME format SSD. Only M.2 SATA is compatible.

JesDoias
    Participant

Thank you Josh for the tips.

I was going to buy the Toshiba SSD.
    You saved my … me!!!

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password